Hobbywing 4985 fan options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
I’m getting ready to drop the Max6/1650kv combo in my EXB and finally start this long overdue build. Anyone have any advice on a fan setup for the 4985 motor? I was hoping to slap one of those dual PW heat sink/fan combos on there, but it looks like they are only made for 40mm cans. HW also makes one that has one 40mm fan and fits 44mm can. So without machining something custom, what are my options? Any ideas/photos would be much appreciated. Thanks

I’m getting ready to drop the Max6/1650kv combo in my EXB and finally start this long overdue build. Anyone have any advice on a fan setup for the 4985 motor? I was hoping to slap one of those dual PW heat sink/fan combos on there, but it looks like they are only made for 40mm cans. HW also makes one that has one 40mm fan and fits 44mm can. So without machining something custom, what are my options? Any ideas/photos would be much appreciated. Thanks
Best case is you do what @Mr.Duke has on his

Best case is you do what @Mr.Duke has on his
I’m pretty sure he made that setup? Actually almost positive, saw other members asking him if he could make more.
I find it hard to believe nobody makes anything that’s designed for a can that size. That’s what everyone’s going with and we know they get hot!?

I’m pretty sure he made that setup? Actually almost positive, saw other members asking him if he could make more.
I find it hard to believe nobody makes anything that’s designed for a can that size. That’s what everyone’s going with and we know they get hot!?
Grab the K8S heatsink and fan.

Last edited:
I’m running a X-Maxx heatsink, HR fan mount, and 50x50x20mm 24v fans from eBay.

752AB3D3-38FD-49C0-925A-DF540F73F2F0.jpeg

K8 is a little smaller (3mm) I guess I can make it fit? Probably won't need the metal clip after fitting it on tight??
If you’re talking about the 4895 the K8S will work for sure. You might have to spread it just a touch and flatten the bar to attach it, but there is lots of room beyond a 1717.

If you’re talking about the 4895 the K8S will work for sure. You might have to spread it just a touch and flatten the bar to attach it, but there is lots of room beyond a 1717.
Now if I can find one! :rolleyes:

Well my order has been placed with Alza Racing! (y) Now the waiting game. :rolleyes: I ordered enough mounts and fan covers for all kinds of applications. Thank again @Msdn! :cool:
I found some great ideas on this thread. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and sent picks! Love this Forum!!! :love:

Last edited:
Well my order has been placed with Alza Racing! (y) Now the waiting game. :rolleyes: I ordered enough mounts and fan covers for all kinds of applications. Thank again @Msdn! :cool:
I found some great ideas on this thread. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and sent picks! Love this Forum!!! :love:
Great pieces of kit. You won't regret it. Love mine!....

Max6 Combo Fan.JPG

Great pieces of kit. You won't regret it. Love mine!....

View attachment 107259
I ordered a whole bunch of stuff. It’s been close to 3 weeks, I can’t wait until my stuff arrives. Tracking hasn’t changed since it was shipped, which has me a little bit confused. They do luck pretty awesome though. What fans are you running?

Last edited:
I've had good luck ordering from Alza. I've seen the same thing with the tracking, nothing for a long time then all the sudden it will update and you'll have it soon after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back