Hobbywing Max6 G2 will be on preorder soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I just got an email form Hobbywing North America that the Max6 G2 will be on preorder on October 17th. This is what the email said:

" The MAX6 G2 ESC is paired with the new EZRUN 4990 G2 motor to offer builders the perfect 3-8S LiPo-powered combo. The MAX6 G2 has new features, including built-in Bluetooth tuning, an ultra-high-powered switching BEC, a Smart Fan circuit, 6.5mm bullet plugs, 10 AWG power wires, and waterproof sensor (or sensorless) operation for 3s-8s LiPos, just to name a few. The new EZRUN 4990 G2 motor comes in at 1650KV with a 5mm output shaft and 6.5mm bullet plugs to match the MAX6 G2 motor plugs.

Along with the new MAX6 G2 Combo are two new 8s-rated EZRUN G2 motors. Waterproof sensor-based design, in two sizes and two KV ratings. The 4990 (49mm x 90mm) is available in 1650KV, featuring a heavy-duty 5mm output shaft. The new 5690 (56mm x 90mm) in 1250KV features an even larger 8mm output shaft. Both motors are ready for high-powered 8s usage with gold-plated 6.5mm bullet plugs."

Oh so the new 1650kv motor is 8s capable? Nice.
I noticed the same. Leads me to believe the only reason the old 4985 1650 motor was only rated for 6s is because they were concerned about failure from higher RPM’s, and not burnout. I know some have run 8s with the 4985 with no failures. The new can is 5mm longer now (4990) maybe for a different rotor layout or bigger bearings? Or maybe just to accommodate the hall sensor?
At any rate, if the new G2 proves to be as reliable as the old system then it’s a pretty huge upgrade to have an 8s capable system right out of the box. Plus, it’s sensored! If I have to get another system for any of my 6s trucks this is probably going to be the one.

I noticed the same. Leads me to believe the only reason the old 4985 1650 motor was only rated for 6s is because they were concerned about failure from higher RPM’s, and not burnout. I know some have run 8s with the 4985 with no failures. The new can is 5mm longer now (4990) maybe for a different rotor layout or bigger bearings? Or maybe just to accommodate the hall sensor?
At any rate, if the new G2 proves to be as reliable as the old system then it’s a pretty huge upgrade to have an 8s capable system right out of the box. Plus, it’s sensored! If I have to get another system for any of my 6s trucks this is probably going to be the one.

That's because the bearings they used in the 4985 are only rated to about 30k rpms, most other motor bearings are rated for 60-100k rpms.

I just got an email form Hobbywing North America that the Max6 G2 will be on preorder on October 17th. This is what the email said:

" The MAX6 G2 ESC is paired with the new EZRUN 4990 G2 motor to offer builders the perfect 3-8S LiPo-powered combo. The MAX6 G2 has new features, including built-in Bluetooth tuning, an ultra-high-powered switching BEC, a Smart Fan circuit, 6.5mm bullet plugs, 10 AWG power wires, and waterproof sensor (or sensorless) operation for 3s-8s LiPos, just to name a few. The new EZRUN 4990 G2 motor comes in at 1650KV with a 5mm output shaft and 6.5mm bullet plugs to match the MAX6 G2 motor plugs.

Along with the new MAX6 G2 Combo are two new 8s-rated EZRUN G2 motors. Waterproof sensor-based design, in two sizes and two KV ratings. The 4990 (49mm x 90mm) is available in 1650KV, featuring a heavy-duty 5mm output shaft. The new 5690 (56mm x 90mm) in 1250KV features an even larger 8mm output shaft. Both motors are ready for high-powered 8s usage with gold-plated 6.5mm bullet plugs."
Can't wait for the release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back