Hobbywing Max8 G2, new version with sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice but I wish they did a max6 version.

I like it but was waiting more for a lower KV motor to pair with the max8. Never understood why they don't offer that. You could choose the huge 4985 1650 KV or the (a bit to high KV) 2200KV. If I was them I would fill the gap between those two and introduce a 1800/1900 KV motor. Instead the made new 2250 and 2500 KV motors. I suppose they don't mind losing business to the rocket motors everybody is buying :sleep:

Nice but I wish they did a max6 version.

Indeed

We need sensored max 6+ with 180a and couple new sensored 49 motors 8s from HW , 1250kv and 1650kv to our 1/7 rigs and big 1/8 trucks

also

Sensored max 5+ with 250a couple 58 size motors, 850kv and 1050kv to our 1/5 trucks

:)

I have this set a couple of days now and wow! What a difference! Max8 newest version kicks ass! I haven't discovered all of the features yet and drove it on 4S. But what a beast. I put it on a Typhon 6S and it goed very fast with a 20T pinion. Very smooth and it is strangely quiet. Tomorrow I will try on 6S.

I have this set a couple of days now and wow! What a difference! Max8 newest version kicks ass! I haven't discovered all of the features yet and drove it on 4S. But what a beast. I put it on a Typhon 6S and it goed very fast with a 20T pinion. Very smooth and it is strangely quiet. Tomorrow I will try on 6S.
Cool, good to hear it works well. I’ve been eyeing this up for a Tekno build and think I’ll bite while they’re on sale here.

Any updates on Max8 sensored experiences? Especially if you've paired up with non-HW sensored motor like the hobbystar budget motors. I'm buying for a MT410 build and am thinking about going sensored, but the latest Max8 combos are not sensored motors so I think I'd buy a max8 g2 ESC then a motor. And was eyeing the sensored hobbystar 4274 at 1700kV or 2000kV for only like $80. I've had good luck with them as budget quadcopter motors in the past.

Any updates on Max8 sensored experiences? Especially if you've paired up with non-HW sensored motor like the hobbystar budget motors.

I can probably tell you in a couple weeks or so if no one else has experience to report, I'm putting G2 and HS 2000KV in a MT410 myself ... but weather ATM.

I can probably tell you in a couple weeks or so if no one else has experience to report, I'm putting G2 and HS 2000KV in a MT410 myself ... but weather ATM.
Oh perfect, yeah hope you can update when you get a chance. Have you installed it yet - it fit? Or not that far yet? Sounds like it's a small chassis so a little worried about fitment too... I read that the latest Max8G2 combos you have to fiddle around to get to fit with the motors that come in the combos that are 4278. Plus the combo has a 2250kV which even higher than the 2k that may already be higher than ideal. The unsensored alternative is a $140 combo off a Arrma 6S from Jenny's which should be plenty anyway, but I like the idea of sensored.

Have you installed it yet - it fit? Or not that far yet? Sounds like it's a small chassis so a little worried about fitment too...
Not yet but it looks like it should be pretty straightforward. Will let you know.

Any updates on Max8 sensored experiences? Especially if you've paired up with non-HW sensored motor like the hobbystar budget motors. I'm buying for a MT410 build and am thinking about going sensored, but the latest Max8 combos are not sensored motors so I think I'd buy a max8 g2 ESC then a motor. And was eyeing the sensored hobbystar 4274 at 1700kV or 2000kV for only like $80. I've had good luck with them as budget quadcopter motors in the past.
I have been running the MAX8 g2 esc with g2 sensored 4278 combo. Has been very smooth and very fast until a few days ago when the esc randomly caught fire. You can also run the newest g3 line of motors, but you'd have to buy a new sensor wire as the g2 and g3 use different wires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back