Kraton Hobbywing motor fan vs yeah racing twin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for the Yeah Racing. I also use an Integy 42mm one on my Truggyphon and it's been working great for months now.

I run one on the outcast and one on the Erevo 2.0, with the outcast being the longest serving.

One of the outcast fans has failed and the second has a bad connection and needs a flick to start it (and that's only for a few seconds of run time).

I think i could have avoided this had i secured the power cables better. Its possibly worth considering adding some silicone to where the wire runs through the fan body to hold the wire more secure.

When they are running, they do a good job.

I’m all about the yeah racing. I have 3. One on my senton, outcast and kraton. They help keeps temps down really well. Love them. Take your time getting the screws right. They strip really easy. I also used some foam tape like you put under a reciever to cushion the fans against the heat sink and each other. It’s loud like a drone.

I run the Yeah Racing on the Typhon, Talion, and Kraton. They do a really good job keeping the temps down. I tried the hobbywing fan, and couldn't get it to fit right. So currently looking for something to put it on as it's sitting on the shelf looking at me right now.:)

I run the Yeah Racing on the Typhon, Talion, and Kraton. They do a really good job keeping the temps down. I tried the hobbywing fan, and couldn't get it to fit right. So currently looking for something to put it on as it's sitting on the shelf looking at me right now.:)

Talion vs typhon: discuss! Those are the only 2 i don’t have. How do they compare in your eyes?

Can I plug those fans via y-cable in the ESC, or do I have to get the power from the receiver?

Either will work. Thing is the yeah racing fans are wired with jst plugs. So if you can solder standard receiver plugs on instead you’re good. Otherwise you’ll need adapters from jst to receiver plug. Does that make sense? I soldered the 2 fan plugs together. Then the plug on the fan at the esc I spliced a reciever plug and jst plug altogether so all 3 fans plug into the esc port. Somewhat simple.

Talion vs typhon: discuss! Those are the only 2 i don’t have. How do they compare in your eyes?

Well I will tell you that they are two totally different animals. Completely! The Talion is used to get those big jumps, and long distance. It works well on all terrain with the backflip tires on it. The Typhon does not do so well on any surface that is not smooth. Now I did just order a set of hub extenders, and MX28's for it, which should change that dramatically. The Typhon is running a 18 tooth pinion, and the Talion is running a 18 tooth. They both RIP on 6S, but usually run on 4S to have fun.

IMG_3277.JPG
Just mounted mine today. Clean install, wired them underneath to the receiver with the y-cable.

Last edited:
Does the Yeah Racing kit come with all the screws included to install ?

Well I will tell you that they are two totally different animals. Completely! The Talion is used to get those big jumps, and long distance. It works well on all terrain with the backflip tires on it. The Typhon does not do so well on any surface that is not smooth. Now I did just order a set of hub extenders, and MX28's for it, which should change that dramatically. The Typhon is running a 18 tooth pinion, and the Talion is running a 18 tooth. They both RIP on 6S, but usually run on 4S to have fun.

Perfect thanks man! I have a kraton roller I picked up before they were back in stock. Then I just got a new one. Been thinking of turning it into a talion except the hubs. Just lowering it and Using the talion chassis. Might have do go that route.

I've got both, the HW you have to bend to fit the stock motor and it's airflow is ok at best. Yeah racing fans are way better airflow and mounting ! Heard good things about WTF fans also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back