Typhon Hoons 107 on typhon 3s...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbyrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Looking for some street tires that can handle a little street bashing, skate park etc. but mainly speed running. Hoons seem like a great option (and look sweet too) just wondering if the 107 diameter ones would work on the 3s Typhon or should I go for the 100?

Originally was going to get some Duratrax Banditos but they seem to not hold up well at higher speeds due to not being belted...

I been running the 107,s on my 6s python and I think the 100,s may have been a better choice. If I did speed runs the grp,s would be best for that. I have some Banditos on my slash and like them.

I been running the 107,s on my 6s python and I think the 100,s may have been a better choice. If I did speed runs the grp,s would be best for that. I have some Banditos on my slash and like them.
why do you think the 100's would have been a better choice? just curious.

why do you think the 100's would have been a better choice? just curious.
Because I think the 107s are to big and I'm thinking my python would go better with the 100s. I don't have a set of 100s yet so I can't say for sure. Welcome to the forum also.

Looking for some street tires that can handle a little street bashing, skate park etc. but mainly speed running. Hoons seem like a great option (and look sweet too) just wondering if the 107 diameter ones would work on the 3s Typhon or should I go for the 100?

Originally was going to get some Duratrax Banditos but they seem to not hold up well at higher speeds due to not being belted...

Hoons 107s on both a 6S and 3S, on the inside.
Banditos MT 2.8 to the left on the 6S and Duratrax Banditos C2 (1.9?) to the right on the 3S.
On the 3S I think I like the Duratrax Banditos C2s better, are more forgiving but both are fun.

IMG_2468.jpeg

Hoons 107s on both a 6S and 3S, on the inside.
Banditos MT 2.8 to the left on the 6S and Duratrax Banditos C2 (1.9?) to the right on the 3S.
On the 3S I think I like the Duratrax Banditos C2s better, are more forgiving but both are fun.

View attachment 228638
Thank you! The banditos look great. Are they able to run at the 3s's top speed on pavement? Just worried as they are not belted and others have said they can't handle over ~60.

I’m not a fan of 107 white hoons. The traction is terrible on a 1/8 buggy. They need more weight to be effective.

I’d go 100 Hoons on a Typhon 3S. White for drifting or gold for traction. Or GRP, powerhobby, and proline have options as well.

However if speed running is truly your goal, then avoid Hoons altogether. Speed runners use GRP.

I’m not a fan of 107 white hoons. The traction is terrible on a 1/8 buggy. They need more weight to be effective.

I’d go 100 Hoons on a Typhon 3S. White for drifting or gold for traction. Or GRP, powerhobby, and proline have options as well.

However if speed running is truly your goal, then avoid Hoons altogether. Speed runners use GRP.
understood thank you. avoid silver?

I just picked up a set of 53/107 2.9 Golds and a set of 42/100 2.9 White's to try out.

The 107 Whites make me smile with the Typhon truggy 6S. Im getting short flat-out runs and as people say, when they get hot and they get better. Was hitting mid 70s out front on short runs but "squirrely moments" from carnage involving a tree, or two. Thought the Golds maybe fun.
My 3S may like the 100's better and lots of you guys seem to like them.

I also picked up a set of dBoots Copperhead2 MT 3.8 (4) for $50 sale. See how the 6S truggy behaves with them.

Ive spent more money on RC Car tires this year than my 1:1 scale vehicles.

I just picked up a set of 53/107 2.9 Golds and a set of 42/100 2.9 White's to try out.

The 107 Whites make me smile with the Typhon truggy 6S. Im getting short flat-out runs and as people say, when they get hot and they get better. Was hitting mid 70s out front on short runs but "squirrely moments" from carnage involving a tree, or two. Thought the Golds maybe fun.
My 3S may like the 100's better and lots of you guys seem to like them.

I also picked up a set of dBoots Copperhead2 MT 3.8 (4) for $50 sale. See how the 6S truggy behaves with them.

Ive spent more money on RC Car tires this year than my 1:1 scale vehicles.
awesome!! please try both on your 3s and report back 🙏

So this came today.
IMG_2541.jpg

Right Reading;
BigWheel - Copperhead2 MT 3.8 - SixPack MT 2.8 - Katar 1.7 - Bandito 1.8 - Bandito MT 2.8 - Hoons 107 - Hoons 100
At top, the Hoons 107 on the rear of the T3S and 100's in the front.

IMG_2542.jpg

6S has 107 Golds, the 3S 100 Whites.
Look how dry the Golds are. Both have never been used, yet.

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

The 6S is getting Kraton Arms next week. Little wider.

Look MA, I AM a Bulldozer!!
IMG_2545.jpg

HA, those 3.8's don't fit on the Typhon 6S. I have Kraton Arms on the way and already have the driveshafts. '
DAMN BIG TIRE!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back