Outcast Hot Racing 57T Dual HD Slipper Set - any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be able to tighten the standard slipper without pulling it out. Just put an allen key in the slipper bolt and push it along the floor or carpet. You will have to remove the center driveshaft.

What type of Loctite? Blue? Orange? Green? Red?

Blue.

Take care with loctite, it might dissolve/weaken the plastic.

Loctite cures due to lack of oxygen in the presence of metal ions.

This concept of locking the slipper with a drop of loctite dropped into the open side of the slipper does not make a lot of sense to me, considering how loctite works.

The hot racing slipper design makes a lot of sense. I am running a ebay/ali slipper with the same design as the HR, with 91t dp48 (Mega slipper with metal gear) on 3s and it is holding up fine and pulling wheelies.

@DRBNGR - I did not end up purchasing the Hot Racing slipper. I bought the Oktay Slipper 7075 instead. I'm not entirely sure how having stronger aluminum changes anything, but I'm willing to try it out. I was thinking about the Hot Racing slipper and the only issue is, I'm not too sure about their parts availability in terms of replacement pieces, like when it's time to replace a slipper pad. I did see that Aliexpress carries some of the replacement parts, but it appears the slipper pad (the piece that takes most of the wear) cannot be purchased separately, and I am unsure as to if the stock slipper pads are compatible with the HR slipper setup. That is why I chose not to buy the HR slipper. Also, no one responded with feedback on the HR slipper, either.

Hello, also thinking about an upgrade!

Would like to get my Kraton 4S v2 drivetrain as bullet proof as possible but also more serviceable and for this I feel the Hot Racing solution already as very useful, especially compared to the puny original spring in slipper from Arrma!

Unfortunately, it would have to be delivered to Germany in my case, which would make the part again significantly more expensive!

The Oktay "solution" uses yes still the original pads and also the small spring of Arrma, therefore in my opinion not to compare with the HD solution of Hot Racing!

Look at this also times the following video on the subject of Oktey:
How are the your experiences ... especially with regard to fit !

HR is "only" from 6061 T6 aluminum but would think that is also quite sufficient!
The biggest advantage of HR are especially the much larger dimensioned spring which can be set wesendlich harder than the !small! orginal spring of Arrma and guess the organic the pads are also more durable and possibly arises because of the material composition of the pads also less abrasion that accumulates in the housing, but only a conjecture!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back