Kraton Integy or Hot Racing Upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my front and rear gearbox with aluminum as well as some other upgrades while it's apart. Just wondering if one brand is better than others. I know M2C has a great reputation for their chassis, so I grabbed one last night after bending my stock beyond repair.

HR better but cheap aliexpress alu bulkheads not a bad option either. 2x Bulkheads for 50$

I don't know why the Vitavons are not getting any attention here?????:unsure:
I am not a big Alloy Bulkhead guy myself. Plastic stockers just work for me fine. I run 6s and Open diffs only, FWIW.
But Vitavons would be my First choice. I would gladly pay the coin for this brand. Because it's all or nothing for me, IMHO.

I don't know why the Vitavons are not getting any attention here?????:unsure:
I am not a big Alloy Bulkhead guy myself. Plastic stockers just work for me fine. I run 6s and Open diffs only, FWIW.
But Vitavons would be my First choice. I would gladly pay the coin for this brand. Because it's all or nothing for me, IMHO.
Vitavon may be OK for the Arrma vehicles, but just ask the Traxxas Maxx community about Vitavon products. There have been a lot of quality control issues (i.e. parts not fitting correctly) with the Traxxs Maxx parts. The owner of Vitavon, Arthur Tsang, has blocked emails from those asking about issues or asking for refunds. This is NOT the way to do business. For the price Vitavon gets, their parts should be nearly perfect.

Hot Racing gets my vote. I have a lot of HR parts on my Kraton 6s, and they have been great.

I've not messed with Integy stuff. I have the Hot Racing bulkheads in my dual motor GT. So far they have been absolutely fine.
The Hot Racing hub carriers are 'ok'. The fronts are fine, but the rears are very tight. I can't get bearings out without destroying them. I moved to Scorched rear carriers, will get the fronts since they are back in stock.
I didn't like the GPM hub carriers, but I use a lot of their other parts. A-Arms, linkages, tie rods... I have GPM diff cases and GPM hardened steel gear sets.

Vitavon may be OK for the Arrma vehicles, but just ask the Traxxas Maxx community about Vitavon products. There have been a lot of quality control issues (i.e. parts not fitting correctly) with the Traxxs Maxx parts. The owner of Vitavon, Arthur Tsang, has blocked emails from those asking about issues or asking for refunds. This is NOT the way to do business. For the price Vitavon gets, their parts should be nearly perfect.

Hot Racing gets my vote. I have a lot of HR parts on my Kraton 6s, and they have been great.
Great info. Thanks.
Just Never heard of any Arrma complaints with any Vitavon stuff. Definitely heard of HR issues however.
HR's are not cheap as well. In the same price point area. HR warranty is not all that, dealing with them. I got poor HR parts too.

Looking at replacing my front and rear gearbox with aluminum as well as some other upgrades while it's apart. Just wondering if one brand is better than others. I know M2C has a great reputation for their chassis, so I grabbed one last night after bending my stock beyond repair.
Integy: Some of their tools specifically their wheel balancer is nice. The coke can you threw away a few years ago is not an RC part, stay away from integy parts.

Integy: Some of their tools specifically their wheel balancer is nice. The coke can you threw away a few years ago is not an RC part, stay away from integy parts.
Ten years+ ago, integy was a dirty word in the 5th scale circuit. They were known as copy cats and made inferior parts that would bend or not fit properly. You didn't dare even mention them on the forum. Can't speak to their quality and integrity today.

Ten years+ ago, integy was a dirty word in the 5th scale circuit. They were known as copy cats and made inferior parts that would bend or not fit properly. You didn't dare even mention them on the forum. Can't speak to their quality and integrity today.
That word could get ya killed on RCt 10-12 years ago lol.

I got integy bulkheads recently and one is fine and one makes the diff pinion bearings
Bind. It's unusable. I'm an idiot and didn't order directly from integy so I'm probably gonna get stiffed on a replacement. I'll stay away from them from now on. Sucks cause they look great and the one is perfect😔🤷

I got integy bulkheads recently and one is fine and one makes the diff pinion bearings
Bind. It's unusable. I'm an idiot and didn't order directly from integy so I'm probably gonna get stiffed on a replacement. I'll stay away from them from now on. Sucks cause they look great and the one is perfect😔🤷
Saw a video on YT of someone using a Dremel just enough to make it fit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back