How about that qidi x plus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common @dure16 your killing me ..🤣🤣🤣.. let's see that beauty..😍😍
Lol sorry for the wait!

It’s exciting to take such a huge step forward. I’ve been rocking a Prusa Mini+ for about three years. After a couple upgrades early on, that thing has been really good, even for nylon, PC, TPU, etc. But it’s slow, small, and warping is an issue since the electronics can’t handle high chamber temps.

The Qidi X-Plus 3 build quality seems solid so far. All individual parts are high quality and the fit and finish of the printer seems very good. The on-screen interface is easy. The built-in lighting is good. The reskinned prusaslicer software seems to be the latest version of prusaslicer. All of the newest features are there. The only difference I’ve found is the addition of a chamber temp setting.

The textured build plate already looks a little weird after one day. It almost looks like the finish is coming off where I printed. It may not be an issue, but still seems odd considering my 3yo prusa textured build plate still looks brand new.

I read about a lot of noise complaints regarding this machine, mostly about the little fan in the back. I don’t get what people are talking about. It’s not bad. The print head jerking around at 300mm/s is way louder than the fan, but that kind of noise is to be expected. Disclaimer: the printer is in my basement which also houses our furnace, dehumidifier, water heater, etc. Maybe I’d feel differently if it was in a quiet space.

I was a little annoyed when I used the chamber heater the first time. A little pop up message stated to keep the chamber under 55C. Pic below. What the heck. The official specs say 65C. 55C is probably fine, but still annoying.

A benchy was my first print. A whopping 17 minutes using whatever PLA I could find. And it turned out damn good. Pic below. Then I got a little cocky, turned up the chamber heat, and tried printing long, flat ABS parts with no brim. I got about an hour into the print before the warping started 🤣. I re-sliced with a brim and the parts came out perfectly. Long, flat ABS parts were impossible on my Prusa. Pic below. Next up was a Max5 fan shroud I found on thingiverse. ASA, 80 minutes, and turned out great. Pic below.

I plan to run this thing hard until the Amazon return period expires on Jan 31. Fingers crossed it lives up to the hype and I get to keep it. I’ll share any additional pros/cons I find along the way.

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely awesome man.. hell of a machine.. I will most likely buy the x max 3 a little bit down the road.. I still love the hell out of it..

I'm doing the same, absolutely jamming it through whatever I can to make sure this thing will be with me for the long haul..

How are the chamber temps as far as stability?..
Those prints look great man.. congrats, I think you definitely chose a winner.. and let's absolutely face it.. qidi has been for a long time a higher end printer..

And the bear of a hot end at 350c is phenomenal.. opens up so many materials to you..

Ohhhhh, looky what I found..😎 all the way up to 350w.. I ordered the one below.. also a independent controller, and 24v meanwell PS..

Will plan for stand alone, but be pleasantly surprised if I find a chamber heater signal from the board on the k1 max.. that would be sweet.. then I could pursue the firmware changes needed to operate it from the touch panel..

Screenshot_20231116-015653.png

Absolutely awesome man.. hell of a machine.. I will most likely buy the x max 3 a little bit down the road.. I still love the hell out of it..

I'm doing the same, absolutely jamming it through whatever I can to make sure this thing will be with me for the long haul..

How are the chamber temps as far as stability?..
Those prints look great man.. congrats, I think you definitely chose a winner.. and let's absolutely face it.. qidi has been for a long time a higher end printer..

And the bear of a hot end at 350c is phenomenal.. opens up so many materials to you..
Chamber heating seems well done. It heats up quickly and holds the temperature well. I'm only seeing 2C fluctuation from the set temp throughout a print.

And I agree about the hot end. That along with heated chamber makes me want to try some industrial plastics. Not sure why though :ROFLMAO:

It seems like you're loving that K1 so far? You'll have to keep us posted on it. That will be a very strong contender for me if the chamber heating works out.

Heads up the Qidi dropped $80 for Black Friday today, in case anyone is interested. I don’t think Amazon provided price match refunds though, unfortunately. They count on us wanting to avoid the hassle of returning.

Definitely should have waited.. 🤣

Return it and Re-purchase...

So is this the one to get? Still wanting to get a decent machine to replace the E3Pro :cool:

For the Speed AND print Volume.. and now the New Lower price of $592..
VERY tempting.

Unless Bambu lowers their price.. soon.

Whatever you get..

Definitely consider a filament dryer or food dehydrator (that you'll need to mod) to be able to dry your filaments.

Already one step ahead of you (y).

Would you say that Creality Filament is worth keeping? Decent Stuff?

I've never used Creality filament..
So I have no opinions.

Drying two spools as we speak..
IMG_20231124_220555737.jpg

IMG_20231124_220606082.jpg

Got another 4 hours to go..

Last edited:
Already one step ahead of you (y).

Would you say that Creality Filament is worth keeping? Decent Stuff?

I've never had an issue with any of the creality filament.. the Hyper series for the fast printers is definitely impressive stuff.. the overhangs and bridges it produces is pretty wild.. it's wicked fluid but cools super fast..

Back