How do i avoid doing this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul8841

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I don't know what i did wrong maybe someone can tell me what i did wrong and why did this happen

20210926_200533.jpg

20210926_200540.jpg

I don't know what i did wrong maybe someone can tell me what i did wrong and why did this happen

View attachment 171695

View attachment 171696

There are a lot more people here with more knowledge than I have. What I have seen posted on a blown center diff: very low on fluid, or wrong weight diff fluid say if it required a center 500K and was running it very hard with a 200K. Then there is heat if hot out and rig got hot or running back to back no breaks not letting it cool down...there are post where it has exploded. Some like myself run the Arrma or HR metal center diff for this reason.

Others will chime me to add or correct something I posted other post are here by searching on this topic.

Bearing went, low on fluid. Over heated......loose some where. Something bent or flexed? Part failure.

Yep! You got a rock between the chassis and doff housing. Notice then melty shredded black plastic piled up. That's like taking a grinder to the plastic diff housing. It cut a groove until the velocity exceeded what the ground down diff housing could take and pop!

View attachment 171695

View attachment 171696

As far as what you did 'wrong'......

Nothing.

Yep! You got a rock between the chassis and doff housing. Notice then melty shredded black plastic piled up. That's like taking a grinder to the plastic diff housing. It cut a groove until the velocity exceeded what the ground down diff housing could take and pop!
Wow....I was so busy typing You and fatcat. Posted while I was typing.....

You guys have good eyes!!!!!

Good catch!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back