How do u paint an rc body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youtube has plenty of videos on how to paint your body! Always paint the dark colors first and then back them with the lighter colors.
Actually i am working on my Proline Brute for my #v3 #KRATON. Here is a video for ya!

Attachments

• Proline Brute body .jpeg
    Proline Brute body .jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 132
It's all going to be from the inside of the lexan body. Mask off your windows, and certain areas of the body you want a different color. Shoot your main color first, then remove the tape in the areas of the body you want a different color and so forth. Wait until you're absolutely finish spraying any more paint before you remove the plastic lining off of the outside of the body!! You also have to use Poly carbonate Paint.

Can someone give me steps or a video to painting an rc body... I’m clueless

Here's a helpful video too. Keep in mind that ProLine sells paint and I hear it's good for airbrush work but the steps in the video apply to rattle cans and airbrush techniques.
In my opinion the more we watch, the more we embed the steps in our minds. I've never done it but have all kinds of things ready to try. Good luck. They say practice makes perfect and even if we botch the paint work the body can still be run for a tear up lid. Not all is lost.

Lol all the videos are really great but I just wanted to give my 2 cents because in all my years of painting plastic I found 2 things the most important and one last thing so 3 I guess.

1. Light thin coat for a strong even finish... LIGHT AND THIN LIGHT AND THIN!! Promise thinner is better and is #1 most important

2. The longer you wait for the next coat the better and NEVER use anything that "speeds" up dry times. 90°F is plenty hot but just give the paint enough time to properly cure if you want it to last.

3. This isn't really as important as other things just some people don't remember or don't care but if you want a strong even finish WASH the car with clean water and a little soap don't use chemicals.

Just my opinion, I like to spray 5 to 10 thin coats of clear sealant on the outside of the plastic as I feel like it adds rigidity and protection to the plastic underneath. I have bodies that have survived some insane crashes and most bodies have weak spots that tear and this helps that too.

Best of luck, post the end result if you can!

First no tape needed haha then grab 5 random ass colors and let the paint fly,
Rasta pic was my good work but I’m over painting

Attachments

• 4CBE3D6C-DEEA-4033-B192-0809E4BD07F7.jpeg
    4CBE3D6C-DEEA-4033-B192-0809E4BD07F7.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 87
  • A8039D60-C706-45D9-91E2-82AFEE52189B.jpeg
    A8039D60-C706-45D9-91E2-82AFEE52189B.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 144
Nice job Lovestricken!! Next time I am just going to go with one solid color instead of two, I think it looks better!
I just completed my Proline Brute body and gave that flat look instead that shinny look that every else goes with! It came out ok but not good as my #Outcast body or my #JConcepts #Finnisher for my #v3 #KRATON that i custom painted but its only a body that will be trashed after a few good #bashing and #blasting runs ? ? ? ?

Attachments

• Proline Brute2.jpeg
    Proline Brute2.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Proline Brute3.jpeg
    Proline Brute3.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Proline Brute1.jpeg
    Proline Brute1.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 6s Notorious with a custom Outcast body.jpeg
    6s Notorious with a custom Outcast body.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Finnisher Body3.jpg
    Finnisher Body3.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 77
Nice job Lovestricken!! Next time I am just going to go with one solid color instead of two, I think it looks better!
I just completed my Proline Brute body and gave that flat look instead that shinny look that every else goes with! It came out ok but not good as my #Outcast body or my #JConcepts #Finnisher for my #v3 #KRATON that i custom painted but its only a body that will be trashed after a few good #bashing and #blasting runs ? ? ? ?
Wow i like the 2 tone job. Nice work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back