How do y’all get your servo savers pressed on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Hi everyone. In the middle of installing the Primal PM13130 and ran into a little issue. I think I stripped a tooth when I pressed the saver onto the plastic bit with my vice. Im not sure how this happened since I thought it was keyed properly before closing a vice on it to seat it properly. I guess not

During the install the servo saver was slowly backing out, until the red o-ring was completely exposed. I couldn’t get the assembly (esc & electronics box) to sit properly in the car to line up the holes. I disassembled the saver and found this tooth gone which I think pushed the saver forward, pushing the esc/electronics box back, yadda yadda. Please know I tried the servo once to make sure I had power and didn’t steer very hard, so I’m confident the vice did this.

my question is, how do y’all press these things together?! It’s impossible for me to overcome the springs enough to seat this.

Ordering hot racing since that seems to be the only upgrade option.

p.s. this servo seems to be on the XL side. Meaning, I think I may have to shave some plastic from the retention box to free up even more space :/

IMG_9374.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

IMG_9373.jpeg

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg

Theyre both keyed, you need to first turn on the servo and center it. Then place the horn onto the servo. I cranked mine together using the included screw.
Looks like you had it turned almost 180 degrees the wrong direction. There is a flat spot on both the piece the goes on the servo as well as the horn.

It should be a 15T spline. Looks like you forced it?
If the SS splines and Servo splines are both 15T, they should not need to be pressed to each other in any hard difficult way.:unsure: Finger pressure should normally do it. The Screw then snugs it in place.
The plastic splines are all damaged now. I would try another stocker again.
Maybe it was just User error? IDK. Or even a defective Spline Mold?:unsure:
Nice servo no doubt.
Yet a Tight fit for sure.

It should be a 15T spline. Looks like you forced it?
If the SS splines and Servo splines are both 15T, they should not need to be pressed to each other in any hard difficult way.:unsure: Finger pressure should normally do it. The Screw then snugs it in place.
The plastic splines are all damaged now. I would try another stocker again.
Maybe it was just User error? IDK. Or even a defective Spline Mold?:unsure:
Nice servo no doubt.
Yet a Tight fit for sure.
I grabbed another stocker from absolutehobbyz local to me, which was actually all the plastic bits from the servo saver.

I lined everything up properly this time, shaved some plastic from the pivot point because it was too far forward to seat properly and screw in the electronics/esc assembly. Everything in now and turning HARD. So happy I did this. Thanks to everyone for the help and support

IMG_9392.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back