How to get this off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’m currently changing out all the bearings in my BRCC and this bearing broke and now this little piece if it won’t come off
Plz help
Thx ARRMY

image.jpg

Is that the inside of the bearing ring stuck on there? And is the gearing plastic? Heating it up will work as Mr.Duke said but may damage if the gear is plastic.

Some other alternatives could be,
  • Dremel and cut it off (Just be careful).
  • Snips may be strong enough but would be a struggle I guess...
  • Soaking it in WD40 to clean off the crud may give you enough to slip it off.
  • Jam it in the vice and bash it through with a hammer (Maybe after the WD40 as well). Squeezing it may help to deform it and get it off too.
  • Flathead screwdriver to help pry it off (credit: jondilly1974)
  • Hopes and prayers?
Good luck :)

Last edited:
Heat it up and it should expand enough to pull it off with pliers
Wouldn’t the plastic that I’m trying to get it off of start melting tho?
Is that the inside of the bearing ring stuck on there? And is the gearing plastic? Heating it up will work as Mr.Duke said but may damage if the gear is plastic.

Some other alternatives could be,
  • Dremel and cut it off (Just be careful).
  • Snips may be strong enough but would be a struggle I guess...
  • Soaking it in WD40 to clean off the crud may give you enough to slip it off.
  • Jam it in the vice and bash it through with a hammer (Maybe after the WD40 as well). Squeezing it may help to deform it and get it off too.
  • Hopes and prayers?
Good luck :)
It is plastic... would the heat method mess up the metal before the plastic or should I use one of the alternatives?

Last edited:
would the heat method mess up the metal before the plastic or should I use one of the alternatives?

The idea behind heat is that the metal expands and should make it simpler to remove. Shouldn't need an excessive ammount of it but something like a lighter\blowtorch is what you should use but it may damage the plastic as well which you obviously don't want... What might have happened is with the dead bearing creating friction it may have fused to the inner ring a little too.

Maybe try just a little heat to start with but keep it away from the gear section and not too long. Charing\melting the shaft shouldn't ruin the gear but I would play with the other ideas as well.

You might also be able to jam the ring into a vice and spin the shaft to break it free as well possibly...

The idea behind heat is that the metal expands and should make it simpler to remove. Shouldn't need an excessive ammount of it but something like a lighter\blowtorch is what you should use but it may damage the plastic as well which you obviously don't want... What might have happened is with the dead bearing creating friction it may have fused to the inner ring a little too.

Maybe try just a little heat to start with but keep it away from the gear section and not too long. Charing\melting the shaft shouldn't ruin the gear but I would play with the other ideas as well.

You might also be able to jam the ring into a vice and spin the shaft to break it free as well possibly...
Ok tomorrow I’m ganna try the vice truck and if that doesn’t work.... I’m ganna try the heat and pray is doesn’t mess up the plastic.
Thank you

That inner race is a b!tch to get off most times. I just did six of those recently (2 x 3 rigs). The way I do it is I use a small flathead to get them to start moving. Spin it a 1/4 turn and pry some more. And just work my way around 1/4 turn at a time. At a certain point when the blade of the flathead isn’t wide enough, I turn to needle nose pliers and slide one side of the pliers on each side and push them in. They get thicker as they slide in. This eventually pushes that inner race out far enough to pull it off the rest of the way.

That inner race is a b!tch to get off most times. I just did six of those recently (2 x 3 rigs). The way I do it is I use a small flathead to get them to start moving. Spin it a 1/4 turn and pry some more. And just work my way around 1/4 turn at a time. At a certain point when the blade of the flathead isn’t wide enough, I turn to needle nose pliers and slide one side of the pliers on each side and push them in. They get thicker as they slide in. This eventually pushes that inner race out far enough to pull it off the rest of the way.
The flathead screwdriver is a brilliant Idea that I knew but didn't think to mention... I would definitely do that one first...

Btw the Jim’s bearings set comes with more bearings than I can find on the truck... where am I missing bearings at. I replaced them on the whole drive line (driveshafts, diffs, hubs, etc.) and there are still spare bearings?

Btw the Jim’s bearings set comes with more bearings than I can find on the truck... where am I missing bearings at. I replaced them on the whole drive line (driveshafts, diffs, hubs, etc.) and there are still spare bearings?

Depends on which ones you have left.

2 tiny ones go in the diffs 4 5x10x4 bearings go in the steering bellcrank to replace the bushings. If you got the 27 bearing kit the flanged bearing will go inside the spur if the stock had a flanged bearing in it instead of a non-flanged bearing. You will have to take the slipper assy apart to change the one in the spur.

2 tiny ones go in the diffs 4 5x10x4 bearings go in the steering bellcrank to replace the bushings. If you got the 27 bearing kit the flanged bearing will go inside the spur if the stock had a flanged bearing in it instead of a non-flanged bearing. You will have to take the slipper assy apart to change the one in the spur.
Omg thank you so much
U actually just somehow anwserd a question I was really getting mad about earlier today and now I’m so relieved so thank you
And u helped with this thread too so thanks for that too?

Ok so I did all that and I still have these ones left... I don’t know what size they are so I put a 3s front shock next to them so hopefully that helps ?‍♂️
B7E0B985-A124-4A24-972F-5005D0EDBE2C.jpeg

I personally use scisors and do ths
image.jpg
And u use hammer
Rubber hammer
If when you get it off and you see that the new besrings doesn't go tight at that point get a new diff input gear its 7,99$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back