How to raise rear of typhon body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avogev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I've been looking for any body Mount options that Mount the same way as stock but no luck. Any suggestions? Just want to raise the rear

I actually am a bit of a fan of the proline body mount system....the one with a grub screw at the top and screw on caps. Takes a little linger to take the body on and off, but not much and provides better body protection to imo. I haven’t been on there website for a while to have a look but doubt they make them for Arrma

I actually am a bit of a fan of the proline body mount system....the one with a grub screw at the top and screw on caps. Takes a little linger to take the body on and off, but not much and provides better body protection to imo. I haven’t been on there website for a while to have a look but doubt they make them for Arrma
Because of the shock towers and the wing, the body on the Typhon doesn’t really take much abuse on flat surfaces. Obviously on uneven surfaces this may not apply.

Wondering why the OP needs more height? Is it for fans or larger ESC?

its for fans. but question is are there any type of extensions that can work with stock mounting points?

I've been looking for any body Mount options that Mount the same way as stock but no luck. Any suggestions? Just want to raise the rear

How much do you want to raise it? Cause.. I was lookin at my car.. And if your not afraid of drilling a couple of holes..its quite an easy job..

There are 4 screws holding the body mounts..

20190616_233247.jpg

Forget about the bottom one.. Make the top one ur bottom one.. Drill a new top one around were my hex is..

20190616_233426.jpg

Remount them in the new position.. And it will sit as high as shown here (right new/left stock)

20190616_233541.jpg

So I used Kraton mounts the second tallest size, so now I have fan/battery clearance pins are a tight fit. The drilling of holes was good option but had no bits or drill. The side guards are from a Kraton also, They are used to hold 2 venom 3s 5000 50 side by side but height was issue before not no more. Using stock typhon side guards will not look like my height in pic.

Attachments

• E27573F5-5112-4CA7-834C-5B1341DC404E.jpeg
    E27573F5-5112-4CA7-834C-5B1341DC404E.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 156
  • F61F6D07-574C-449F-9C99-9C90284C1B1B.jpeg
    F61F6D07-574C-449F-9C99-9C90284C1B1B.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Are the non pre-cut typhon bodies any taller? I’m looking at fixing this problem now with running dynamite reaction 3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back