Outcast How to reduce chance of XLX2 issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
We’ve all heard about XLX2 ESCs burning up in big bashers.

If I understand correctly, the primary issue is that the battery wires pull themselves loose from the ESC board and then everything fries.

I’d like to install an XLX2. Should I simply secure the battery wires so they don’t pull? Any other tips to reduce the chance of a problem?

Mine burnt up on like the third or fourth run. No jumping in any of the runs. Took a corner hard, it flipped over on it’s lid and POOF.

don't buy one. Simple as that. I trust hobbywing more but im sure castle fixed the early batch of castle cremations. Unless they didnt. Having such failures for insane money is unacceptable. If i get spektrum junk escs to last i expect a 400$ esc to last more than a few days. Its a gamble you have to accept of taking if you want a powerful power system. Can either work or lose 400$

don't buy one. Simple as that. I trust hobbywing more but im sure castle fixed the early batch of castle cremations. Unless they didnt. Having such failures for insane money is unacceptable. If i get spektrum junk escs to last i expect a 400$ esc to last more than a few days. Its a gamble you have to accept of taking if you want a powerful power system. Can either work or lose 400$
Well, I already have an extra XLX2 sitting on the shelf. I definitely trust HW reliability more but nothing compares to XLX2 power.

I bash 2 arrma rigs with xlx2 just fine but I also had one catch on fire in the past. I think it's just luck of the draw tbh. I don't believe I did anything to facilitate my xlx2 bursting into flames and it was definitely acting up before the flames came.

literally had that happen to me, they sent a new one for free but this is the 3rd time :(
I had this happen with the female motor bullet but it was a pretty easy fix tbh. Torch gun on the bullet and place it right back where it came from.

I had this happen with the female motor bullet but it was a pretty easy fix tbh. Torch gun on the bullet and place it right back where it came from.
And that has held up? No longer water resistant I assume.

And that has held up? No longer water resistant I assume.
it has held up well. I bought some epoxy for the first time and reapplied it around the bullet. I would assume it's still water resistant. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back