Kraton How well would this combo work out in a KXL.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredw90

Reaction score
It’s a damn good deal but the low KV worries me a little. Not going for any dumb speed, I’d be more than happy with 50-60. I know the 1650kv would be preferred but that combo is more expensive.

Or…. Should I just wait for a max6 g2. I do like my max8 g2 in my tekno….

But I’ve also never owned a full castle setup in at least 15 years so I feel like I’m missing out.

DD3A674E-73BC-4030-BBC3-CEBB3FB30D17.png

1650kv's is better suited for 6s running.
You are looking to run 8s with 8s electrics?
Or not?
You can run 6s packs with any 8s ESC, FWIW. Commonly done.
Not sure what your plan is.

Last edited:
I have a couple of those MMX8S/1260kv combos and run them on 6S. Fireteam. Infraction. It's a great combo - big power, smooth throttle, and automatic motor temp cutoff.

I have several 1650kv 1717s as well and can't tell any difference in power between those and the 1260kv.

Gearing that 1260kv 24/50 should get you to about 60mph in the Kraton. (on 6S). You'll need a smaller spur gear for higher speeds.

Last edited:
I have a couple of those MMX8S/1260kv combos and run them on 6S. Fireteam. Infraction. It's a great combo - big power, smooth throttle, and automatic motor temp cutoff.

I have several 1650kv 1717s as well and can't tell any difference in power between those and the 1260kv.

Gearing that 1260kv 24/50 should get you to about 60mph in the Kraton. (on 6S). You'll need a smaller spur gear for higher speeds.
What kind of temps are you getting with that gearing? I did try out a mmx8s with the spektrum 1250kv a year ago, and it got toasty but nothing too crazy. Shouldn’t have sold that damn truck 🤦🏻‍♂️.

What kind of temps are you getting with that gearing? I did try out a mmx8s with the spektrum 1250kv a year ago, and it got toasty but nothing too crazy. Shouldn’t have sold that damn truck 🤦🏻‍♂️.
Fireteam geared for ~60mph doesn’t need a fan except for middle of summer. Gearing any higher would need a fan year round.

Infraction has a 4028 fan on the ESC and two 4028 fans on the motor. Geared for high 70s and can bash all day regardless of outside temp.

I have both set to auto cutoff if the motor reaches 180F and that never happens. Typically 140-150F max on each setup.

Fireteam geared for ~60mph doesn’t need a fan except for middle of summer. Gearing any higher would need a fan year round.

Infraction has a 4028 fan on the ESC and two 4028 fans on the motor. Geared for high 70s and can bash all day regardless of outside temp.

I have both set to auto cutoff if the motor reaches 180F and that never happens. Typically 140-150F max on each setup.
Well I ordered it. Was on the fence about picking Up a mmx8s and figured couldn’t hurt to get a motor too for another $50.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back