Talion HR vs Arrma aluminum diff cases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed shims on both sides of mine 2 to push it into the pinion gear and 1 to keep it from moving back the other way, if I tried all 3 on the same side it bound. The shims don't go on any side in particular they go where you need them.

This should be common practice in the center as well, keep the axial play limited as thermal expansion will be minimal. Plus arrma puts a composite post on one side to allow debris/ pinch flex within that assembly.

What I find stupid is that Hot Racing is fully aware of the issue but they don't care.
Yep. I sent them a detailed email with pictures, explaining that the flange in the end was too short, making the bearing run too close to the case end, which made the case end rub on the center mount. Had Arrma aluminum cap next to theirs so they could easily see the issue. They just asked dumb questions and blamed me for doing something wrong.

If the case is completely aluminum, it won’t hold up plain and simple. Your outdrive will egg any AL alloy and create leaks/slop based on your CVD/axle angle torsion. It HAS to be steel for the bearing/outdrive for any longevity. RCAWD sent me a free sample of their attempt at a 31mm case, leaked after a pack…lesson learned on their 29mm version.

This one has an inner race for life due to aluminum thermal expansion vs bearing material rate of growth 😂

807E4C3F-928A-43A4-B39E-E200C410373C.jpeg

Last edited:
If the case is completely aluminum, it won’t hold up plain and simple. Your outdrive will egg any AL alloy and create leaks/slop based on your CVD/axle angle torsion. It HAS to be steel for any longevity. RCAWD sent me a free sample of their attempt at a 31mm case, leaked after a pack…
Yup. The Arrma aluminum diff cups only the center part is aluminum the end is either steel or has a steel insert I can't remember. RCAWD makes trash bling parts that is it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back