Hub nuts keep loosening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Outcast 8s
Hi everybody. Have a Outcast 8s and from the first run the hub nuts come loose. Any ideas to stop this would be greatly appreciated. Lost one and O ring. They keep coming loose.

20230524_164323.jpg

That’s odd. I haven’t had that issue a single time. In fact, I’m annoyed at how hard it is to remove my nuts.

Maybe you just need to put some muscle into it 💪

Edit: oops I thought you meant the nut holding the wheel

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh. I'll let it slide. Thanks for the opinion. But that being said I appreciate the vent tape fix. Give it a go. Thanks

Ahhhhhh. I'll let it slide. Thanks for the opinion. But that being said I appreciate the vent tape fix. Give it a go. Thanks
Teflon Tape works for me aO- last resort. I suggest you disassemble the hubs completely, Clean them out well with dish soap and water, and retry. Something is amiss there. The O-Rings, if installed correctly, should keep them where you set them to. Even dirt build up which is common with fine dirt or clay can mess these up. Either loosening or even binding the Pivot Balls altogether. Loss of steering travel can result.

So it turns out that the o rings were not in the right place at all. They were kind of floating around behind the hub nuts. Only had this out 3 times. Thanks for the advice. After putting the o rings where they supposed to be I had put some vent tape on. Nothing so far. Thank you 😊

All you needed were the O-rings installed properly, in your case , not any tape.
Out the box new, many of my O-rings were not in place, pinched/damaged, and even the PB nuts were all cross threaded. (n)
Crappy QC. Bad factory assembly. Every time. Built with rushed slave labor using heavy handed Power Drivers to speedily crap these out at a fast rate. Stripped parts and poor assy all the time. Diff's very low on oil 99.9% of the time. Including every single one of the 9 models I currently own.
I rebuild completely, every single RTR I get now . I warranty every defective and factory damaged parts immediately before I even run it once. HH can't say it was my User driver error, like they try to always say. Been there.
Bumper to bumper rebuilt all . Leaving nothing to chance. These RTR's are built horribly so. They are simply not RTR at all.
Unless you want issues, very much sooner than later....Many issues that will cost YOU more $$ and right away.
Poor quality control really brings down the value of these Arrma's. Year after year. Prices always rising, creeping up, yet the Poor QC stagnates.
As hobbyists we learn to accept these short comings. Sad to say.

Last edited:
Having not one of these before. Figured I put on my big boy pants and what could go wrong. I'm thinking that looking at the diagram of the truck would help to even figure out where the o rings go. Yeah that didn't work until one of the our forum members had same issue and posted pictures regarding placement of that o ring. I thought it was just a curly rubber hanging out 🤣 Thanks

So here it is about 6 runs later. Very easy on it. Lol. Seriously I was. No jumps at all. Tape is a good indicator if they have moved. They have not but everything else is turning into pos. Almost everything from the a arms is pretty loose. I have not hardly driven this thing and I have been pretty gentle. Regretting buying it. Already have warranty request at HH concerning the spring clip on back. Just a shout out to all the people on the thread I found. Unfortunately it was about 2 years old and in the end there was no definite solution.
Appreciate everyone that chimes in on an issue. Now let me win that Typhon. Lol

20230720_143345.jpg

The tape wont keep them from loosening, but will keep out dirt from getting to the Pivot balls. Taping the complete Hex hole of the PB nut, is a thing for that reason. Otherwise the PB can pack up with dirt and lock up the Steering. They need to be serviced/cleaned and readjusted every so often. Or your servo will stress out. I have had a complete lock up of the steering when they get packed with dirt. Watch that. Especially if running in fine clay dirt, i.e. Baseball infields.

>>> I always use a sliver sharpie pen marker to mark my PB nut/ Hub with a "witness mark" to see if it moved/loosened with a quick glance at it.

Last edited:
So here it is about 6 runs later. Very easy on it. Lol. Seriously I was. No jumps at all. Tape is a good indicator if they have moved. They have not but everything else is turning into pos. Almost everything from the a arms is pretty loose. I have not hardly driven this thing and I have been pretty gentle. Regretting buying it. Already have warranty request at HH concerning the spring clip on back. Just a shout out to all the people on the thread I found. Unfortunately it was about 2 years old and in the end there was no definite solution.
Appreciate everyone that chimes in on an issue. Now let me win that Typhon. Lol

View attachment 312420
Glad the tape held them! My tape strips are a little wider/longer. Probably overkill but they have also not moved. I like the Teflon tape idea too (have not tried that).

The arms getting a bit loose after use is normal as well, the holes where the hinge pins go through will elongate over time. Mine has some pretty good play as well, oddly enough it still drive straight as an arrow!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back