Anyone programmed the new Max6 G2 with the HW Link V2 app yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Curious about how the new HW Max6 G2 ESC works with the latest HW programming app? Looks pretty awesome. Has built in bluetooth and can do all programming and data logging with a phone app.

Anyone try this out yet? How well does it work?

Curious about how the new HW Max6 G2 ESC works with the latest HW programming app? Looks pretty awesome. Has built in bluetooth and can do all programming and data logging with a phone app.

Anyone try this out yet? How well does it work?
Is it there fake data logging or have they come out with something similar to the Castle Logs?

Is it there fake data logging or have they come out with something similar to the Castle Logs?
Don't know. It is why I am asking.

Castle is nice, but so out of date. I hate having to plug it in, etc. Heard the Bluetooth module is not reliable. Being able to use a phone app with a built in Bluetooth setup will be awesome.

I use the app to program my HW Axe system in my crawler. It’s about as good as it gets.

I thought hw data logging was ebola but it's actually pretty good. It's just weird AF how you get to it which leads people to believe it doesn't really have the same logging as castle escs.

This is all I got it’s not bad, never data log castle got a mmx8 in the sledge wit B-Link that never connects always trying to update 🤬 so I can’t compare.

IMG_0972.png

IMG_0971.png

IMG_0970.png

IMG_0969.png

IMG_0968.png

IMG_0967.png

IMG_0966.png

Apologies to everyone the doesn’t have this system yet, makes Castle appear like 10 year old technology.

Oh wait, it is…

Apologies to everyone the doesn’t have this system yet, makes Castle appear like 10 year old technology.

Oh wait, it is…
Now if only hobbywing could catch up on the amps.

Now if only hobbywing could catch up on the amps.
Doesn’t take much to overate things like the Lipo C market

Plus they actually have pokayokes to prevent burning down 🔥 . Then stating it was your fault for doing something wrong under warranty 😂 motor pole/kv/blah blah pay more for less

Doesn’t take much to overate things like the Lipo C market

Plus they actually have pokayokes to prevent burning down 🔥 . Then stating it was your fault for doing something wrong under warranty 😂 motor pole/kv/blah blah pay more for less
So you're saying castle esc's overrate their amps? That's a bit interesting as castle holds a clear advantage in amps/power. Hobbywing max 5 g2 on 12s still not more power than an 8s xlx2.

Hobbywing will still say it's your fault btw, I can't say who will blame you more but they definitely both do it.

My max8 G2 burned up out of nowhere and HW did replace it so I can't fault them in that category. I wound up going Castle in my two trucks because at the time Castle had much better tuning features than say the old Max6 G1. Looks like HW has caught up in that regard. I do miss the HW bluetooth connector. Can't stand having to open my receiver tray to tune. Maybe there's a better way that I'm not aware of.

My max8 G2 burned up out of nowhere and HW did replace it so I can't fault them in that category. I wound up going Castle in my two trucks because at the time Castle had much better tuning features than say the old Max6 G1. Looks like HW has caught up in that regard. I do miss the HW bluetooth connector. Can't stand having to open my receiver tray to tune. Maybe there's a better way that I'm not aware of.
I run one of these short extensions out of the receiver box, and then plug the ESC into it. Easy access for data logging which I check after every run. It’s not fancy but it works great and has been reliable on a handful of cars.

Castle also sells a solution. “Quick connect” I think it’s called. Its pricey for what it is though.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but are you talking about opening the rx box for castle esc? you can get B link for castle and use your phone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back