I’m totally lame, man.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
OK, so I normally mow my property in three stages. Front, back, and “back 40.” Today, I did it all in one day. As well as cleaning up a couple of problem areas, clearing brush, and leaf blowing, or “sweeping” my property.
I can barely move, and it’s embarrassing.
Years ago, my father in law offered up his large John Deere with a mowing deck and a couple of other attachments before he moved out of state. I told him to just sell it and recoup some money, as I (smugly) stated that mowing is a joy for me and I’ll happily use my push-mower until hell freezes over.
I can’t recall exactly which circle of Dante’s hell is frozen, but I’m feeling it at the moment.

OK, so I normally mow my property in three stages. Front, back, and “back 40.” Today, I did it all in one day. As well as cleaning up a couple of problem areas, clearing brush, and leaf blowing, or “sweeping” my property.
Years ago, my father in law offered up his large John Deere with a mowing deck and a couple of other attachments before he moved out of state. I told him to just sell it and recoup some money, as I (smugly) stated that mowing is a joy for me and I’ll happily use my push-mower until hell freezes over.
I can’t recall exactly which circle of Dante’s hell is frozen, but I’m feeling it at the moment.

Is it at least a self-propelled push mower?

Feel your pain DB, I've been in the plumbing and heating business since 1985 and couple years ago realized that I'm just f-ing beat up. Father time isn't do me any favors. Have a few cold ones because that's where I'm heading, TO THE FRIDGE.

Is it at least a self-propelled push mower?
Of course not! What kind of self respecting, property loving dude needs mechanical help?
(Answer: maybe me, in about 20 minutes…)

Please tell me your age, size of complete lawn and how long it took so that I may accurately compute exactly how lame you are. :ROFLMAO:

Lol, not a fan of push mowing unless its a very small yard. Growing up we had about 2.5 acres to mow. Parents had a rough time with money right about the time I was old enough to mow. I got to use the sweet big wheel Yazoo mower, self propelled with a 28 inch cut and a 5hp Briggs & Stratton motor when I started and thought it was actually enjoyable. Not long after, the Yazoo died and all we could afford was the cheapest lawnmower available, a 20 inch cut push mower with a 3hp motor.😖 Lol, that mower was so weak we had to either walk VERY slow or make half passes cutting about 10 inches per lap. Me and my brother would break it up over 2 days to get the job done and we were rewarded with $5 each! :ROFLMAO:

If I had to do that now I would probably need medical attention, lol.

Lol, not a fan of push mowing unless its a very small yard. Growing up we had about 2.5 acres to mow. Parents had a rough time with money right about the time I was old enough to mow. I got to use the sweet big wheel Yazoo mower, self propelled with a 28 inch cut and a 5hp Briggs & Stratton motor when I started and thought it was actually enjoyable. Not long after, the Yazoo died and all we could afford was the cheapest lawnmower available, a 20 inch cut push mower with a 3hp motor.😖 Lol, that mower was so weak we had to either walk VERY slow or make half passes cutting about 10 inches per lap. Me and my brother would break it up over 2 days to get the job done and we were rewarded with $5 each! :ROFLMAO:

If I had to do that now I would probably need medical attention, lol.
Or you could sit a relax and tow the mower behind an 8s Kraton.

Kicking yourself now? Been there, done that. Can't tell you how many times. Lol.

I HATE cutting grass. Sweaty, nasty, disgusting chore. Luckily I have a neighbor who loves it. Haven't cut my own grass in over 10 years. In return, I clear his driveway in the winter. When you won't die of heat stroke. Works out great. Lol.

Or you could sit a relax and tow the mower behind an 8s Kraton.
At the time all I had was this to work with...🤣
forsalesearslobo1.jpg

Dan you could build yourself an autonomous lawn mower, many people are doing it these days with the tech we have. :)

If i had a large property i would build myself one for the fun of it, throw a Sabertooth on it with a flight controller and Ardupilot, give it a map to follow, sit back and enjoy a beer. :cool:

Please tell me your age, size of complete lawn and how long it took so that I may accurately compute exactly how lame you are. :ROFLMAO:
Older feeling than I should be, a little under an acre, 7 hours. 😂. But in all fairness, that included moving a lot of lawn furniture off the lawn to mow, later moving it back, and sweeping the whole property with the ridiculously large and heavy backpack leaf blower that I have. It was a lot of work, man.
Not that I ain’t way more lame than I used to be…
Dan you could build yourself an autonomous lawn mower, many people are doing it these days with the tech we have. :)

If i had a large property i would build myself one for the fun of it, throw a Sabertooth on it with a flight controller and Ardupilot, give it a map to follow, sit back and enjoy a beer. :cool:
FPV, of course?

How much land are you mowing man?! Enough your father in law thought a tractor would be better and you're like "na give me scissors" LoL!
Yeah, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. 😂 I do still very much enjoy my push mower and the instant gratification it provides when I’m done, but moving forward I believe I’ll be doing it in a two day plan. 😊

I truly love a nice grass lawn. It adds to the home greatly. Just that when I was 15-17 years old, I worked at a Hotel Resort on Lake George for the summer months. A Push mower!!! My job task. Every other day for hours in the early morning. It sucked. From June thru Sept. Hilly landscaping.
3.5 Acres of Grass Burned me out as a kid. I hate mowing with any type of of equipment now. So I am grass free at my home. Rock gardens rule for me.:giggle:
I rather look at other peoples nice lawns.:ROFLMAO:
Can I come over and enjoy looking at yours??:giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back