Typhon I finally broke something on my Typhon 6s...what is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91rtstealth

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I think a screw just worked it's way out. I took the car out today and within a few seconds the left front wheel wouldn't steer....I tried looking at the explodable view to see what this screw is, but I'm not certain and I want to be before I order one. Here's a video showing the issue. Is it just a simple screw that I need? if so, what's the part number and what's it called...I would guess "steering buckle screw" but I probably sound dumb..haha...

steering issue video

is it these "button head screws?"

ARRMA #AR721308

Last edited:
I think a screw just worked it's way out. I took the car out today and within a few seconds the left front wheel wouldn't steer....I tried looking at the explodable view to see what this screw is, but I'm not certain and I want to be before I order one. Here's a video showing the issue. Is it just a simple screw that I need? if so, what's the part number and what's it called...I would guess "steering buckle screw" but I probably sound dumb..haha...

steering issue video

is it these "button head screws?"

ARRMA #AR721308

Just order a bulk screw set from JennysRC.com and be done with it.
$17

Screenshot_20240428-151550.png

Perhaps some spare suspension arms set while you're at it.
$21

Screenshot_20240428-151648.png

noted....do I have the right screw though? I want to make sure I'm seeing this exploded view thing correctly...

noted....do I have the right screw though? I want to make sure I'm seeing this exploded view thing correctly...

Look on the Other side of your steering linkage.. Take that good screw off and compare, to verify.

That is the correct part number for the missing screw. Likely need AR340062 washer as well. Because it mate's with AR330554 which is metal, it needs blue loctite. As Tex said, cheaper to buy the bag of screw from Jenny's

That is the correct part number for the missing screw. Likely need AR340062 washer as well. Because it mate's with AR330554 which is metal, it needs blue loctite. As Tex said, cheaper to buy the bag of screw from Jenny's
Awesome..thank you...

with that kit from Jenny's, is it just a random bag of random hardware or is it organized and labeled?

Awesome..thank you...

with that kit from Jenny's, is it just a random bag of random hardware or is it organized and labeled?

It's one bag of all the screws from that particular model vehicle..
So you get to pick & sort them yourself.
Hence the cheap price.

It allows you the chance to eyeball and learn each and every screw that's on your rig. 🕵️‍♂️🤣

It's like a box of..
tom hanks forest gump GIF

Awesome..thank you...

It's just a big bag of all the screws they removed, I'd recommend buying a cheap set of calipers.

It occurs to me that screw won't be in that kit, they sell the steering assembly complete, which has that screw installed

It's just a big bag of all the screws they removed, I'd recommend buying a cheap set of calipers.

It occurs to me that screw won't be in that kit, they sell the steering assembly complete, which has that screw installed

You might be right...

But, you can substitute with another screw from the bag that's close enough..

🤔 go to a hardware store .nut and bolt for 25 cents .call it a day .go back to ripping that dirt up boyeeeeeeeee
I like to replace most of the button head screws with socket head screws... Just take one from the other side with you to the hardware store compare.
Also, threadlock will help prevent them from loosening again.

I like to replace most of the button head screws with socket head screws... Just take one from the other side with you to the hardware store compare.
Also, threadlock will help prevent them from loosening again.
Perfect solution and puts money back in your pocket instead of dumping 16 bucks for bag of screws lol .👍

Perfect solution and puts money back in your pocket instead of dumping 16 bucks for bag of screws lol .👍
I disagree. I find buying individual fasteners a PITA and it’s expensive. If you go to the hardware store and buy individual screws, how much do you think you’d pay for everything in that bag of screws from Jenny’s? A lot more than $16.00 I’d wager. Not to mention the price of gas driving there, dealing with traffic, having to try and be nice to the moron in the hardware store that doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together, and the final indignity of realizing the Wendy’s just totally screwed up your order again as you leave the drive-through.
Plus, when you order from Jenny’s you get two free wrenches. At least. I’ve got about 40 of them now. 😊

It's one bag of all the screws from that particular model vehicle..
So you get to pick & sort them yourself.
Hence the cheap price.

It allows you the chance to eyeball and learn each and every screw that's on your rig. 🕵️‍♂️🤣

It's like a box of..
tom hanks forest gump GIF

Not all of the screws, they do leave some in some of the parts but I think its like 90% of them.

I disagree. I find buying individual fasteners a PITA and it’s expensive. If you go to the hardware store and buy individual screws, how much do you think you’d pay for everything in that bag of screws from Jenny’s? A lot more than $16.00 I’d wager. Not to mention the price of gas driving there, dealing with traffic, having to try and be nice to the moron in the hardware store that doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together, and the final indignity of realizing the Wendy’s just totally screwed up your order again as you leave the drive-through.
Plus, when you order from Jenny’s you get two free wrenches. At least. I’ve got about 40 of them now. 😊

Go through Monster Bolts if you buy the 50 packs the screws are 9-11 cents each. Buying screws in bulk from the hardware store is just dumb imho, they want sometimes upwards of $1 per screw...... I don't like buying those screw kits from Jennys because I have no use for the most of the countersunk and button head screws they include in the kits. I use socket head cap screws everywhere I can. In the long run you save money buying the screws in bulk.

Last edited:
all good to know....I just ended up buying those specific screws for now because it's 3.99 shipped from Arrma's Amazon store....once I put that screw back in, i'll go over all of the other ones and make sure they are good and tight. That will give me a good chance to get to know this thing. I haven't really had a chance to. I've been pre-occupied fixing my full scale real life cars...haha...I am pleased that nothing has broken right away like with my Typhon 3s I had. That thing was breaking all of the time. I had this 6s almost 2 months without any issues...one screw loosening itself is hardly a big deal....

all good to know....I just ended up buying those specific screws for now because it's 3.99 shipped from Arrma's Amazon store....once I put that screw back in, i'll go over all of the other ones and make sure they are good and tight. That will give me a good chance to get to know this thing. I haven't really had a chance to. I've been pre-occupied fixing my full scale real life cars...haha...I am pleased that nothing has broken right away like with my Typhon 3s I had. That thing was breaking all of the time. I had this 6s almost 2 months without any issues...one screw loosening itself is hardly a big deal....
If its metal on metal, use blue loctite when you fasten the screws. Helps keep them in place. NOT red loctite.

All depends on how much you need is what it comes down to .for a few nuts and bolts and if the hardware store is only a mile away like mine is ,paying 16 for unneeded extras plus let's not forget shipping then the wait.yeah it all depends 🤷on the individual's needs .for me and many the local hardware store is great.and I'm sure we have all been there.im sure most on here will agree your out on the field you loose a screw ,I'm sure that lhws is the place to go to keep you going back to running again quick.a trip to store won't be a issue😁👍

Back