Senton i have a arrma senton 4x4 mega that overheats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thank you guys for all the advice
I agree with going this route. Its not worth converting. I'm not familiar with the mega but consider the drive train, diffs and other parts that may need upgrading as well.
Okay that seems like alot of extra work I might just buy a new truck maybe I only have the arrma senton mega

Last edited:
Ok thank you guys for all the advice

Okay that seems like alot of extra work I might just buy a new truck maybe

That is probably a very Wise idea!

That way you don't have any down time -dickering with trying to convert a "starter" truck into a Manly Beast..

Look at a Fireteam or Kraton 6S for the Win! 👊🍺

It's mainly due to the brushed motor setup...

The BLX -brushless system- is More efficient. ie: better at dealing with heat issues.

So am I just the only one who's arrma senton overheats or is it ever arrma senton
Every brushed Arrma with a 22tooth pinion will probably get hot depending on the conditions.

I bet if you put a 14 or 15t pinion in your brushed senton it will stop overheating so much.
I run 9/57 in my brushed arrma, with short course tires and its fine.
9/57 is about the same as 15/91, your brushed senton has a 91t spur.
I also find the 12t traxxas motors to last longer, in fact, i haven't killed one yet. Burned up 2 arrma motors before trying traxxas.

I bet if you put a 14 or 15t pinion in your brushed senton it will stop overheating so much.
I run 9/57 in my brushed arrma, with short course tires and its fine.
9/57 is about the same as 15/91, your brushed senton has a 91t spur.
Ok I'll buy a 15t pinion and see if it helps if it doesn't Im gonna try going brushless

Last edited:
1900kv is pretty low unless you plan on running 4s, in which case you would likely need to upgrade a ton more stuff.
Stock 3s blx is 3200kv, so somewhere around that would be better.
The 130a esc, however, would likely be a much better choice than the blx100 that comes stock in the 3s rigs. (Although, ive never run a firma 130 myself).

I only have 2s lipos so would I need bigger batteries and will they fit in my arrma senton

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back