Infraction I smell a Hoonitruck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XplicitRC

Never let anyone compromise your integrity.
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
  7. Infraction 4x4
Been gathering a few materials for my next body I’m going to be doing. Just waiting on 2 more cans of Tamiya paints. My Earnhardt Tribute truck didn’t last long on EBay.Hopefully this one won’t either😬 This one is going to be sick though I enjoy making these bodies just as much as bashing the Rcs that go with them. Problem is with 2 boys and work 6 days a week doesn’t leave much time as a d like. Anyways can’t wait to see how the decals look they’re A+ quality from https://mciracing.ca/ .I highly recommend. Anyways if anyone has done a similar body I’d like to see it.

IMG_4268.jpeg

IMG_4267.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

Gonna be awesome man!
Id seen your other one on ebay, didn't realize you were doing them up to sell
I didn’t either just was testing the waters to see if and how fast it could sell. I had someone want like 2 done. I was surprised because I’ve seen some stay posted on there for months. The pinch is waiting for decals that come from Canada and the UK. But they’re work the wait.

Not that good but my wife is the artist she’s been asking me to get a kit. But no just Tamiya ps rattle can. And I have stencils for the secondary lightning bolt design too that aren’t completely accurate but I think may come out just as good if not better. This is my first try at the two colors and stencil using. I feel like YouTube University has sufficed enough videos I feel like a professional now😂🤙😂. But these are my first attempts at doing custom bodies usually I don’t care and I’ll just buy factory replacements lol. But we will see how this one goes 🤞

I didn’t either just was testing the waters to see if and how fast it could sell. I had someone want like 2 done. I was surprised because I’ve seen some stay posted on there for months. The pinch is waiting for decals that come from Canada and the UK. But they’re work the wait.

I hear you man! I played on there to see how it would go 2 years ago and I've been hooked on it. When I'm not lazy I can turn a darn good profit 👍

Mci racing does put out some nice stuff and good stickers. I have some on my crawler and just finished up with a Mini Cooper also. Here are some of the pictures of the crawler and mini.
tempImageuZj8N3.jpg
tempImagetp2y14.jpg
tempImage6NaVf8.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

Would love to paint mine one day. :unsure:
I’ve been working 6 days a week here lately I’m hoping to be able to get it done this weekend. Debating whether or not to keep it because I have 17mm hex now. 😬😬😬 decisions decisions 🤔

Not that good but my wife is the artist she’s been asking me to get a kit. But no just Tamiya ps rattle can. And I have stencils for the secondary lightning bolt design too that aren’t completely accurate but I think may come out just as good if not better. This is my first try at the two colors and stencil using. I feel like YouTube University has sufficed enough videos I feel like a professional now😂🤙😂. But these are my first attempts at doing custom bodies usually I don’t care and I’ll just buy factory replacements lol. But we will see how this one goes 🤞
Nice work.

I find YT'er Hemistorm very inpsiring to me . And I been painting multi color rattle can jobs for years. I get my ideas from others.
Most of his work is with Tamiya Rattle cans.

It has begun… excited and nervous at the same time this is going to be my first time using stencils and using a secondary color. Couldn’t find exact matches to the lightning bolts but hope these will suffice. 🤞

IMG_4305.jpeg

After doing almost half realized these are going to be smaller than I thought. It may be more blacker than I’d like, I wish Tamiya had a flat black and a bit more variety, but the outcome will be sick still. Had some stencils that didn’t stick quite as flat as I’d like. But I think when I back it with the gun metal it will flow without too much notice. 😬😬🤞🤞

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the stencils removed and final coats of the Gun metal lighting bolts. No one told me you should have level 1000 patience when applying those stencils. Took me almost an hour and I still didn’t get them exactly how I’d liked to. Was hesitant on painting the bed gun metal or clear. But I figure leave it open and expose some of the goods😂🤙. Can’t wait to peel the protective film off and reveal the true paint job. Decals soon , didn’t get them die cut so I have to scissor them out by hand.😬😬😬 Wish me luck

IMG_4312.jpeg

IMG_4313.jpeg

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

Got the stencils removed and final coats of the Gun metal lighting bolts. No one told me you should have level 1000 patience when applying those stencils. Took me almost an hour and I still didn’t get them exactly how I’d liked to. Was hesitant on painting the bed gun metal or clear. But I figure leave it open and expose some of the goods😂🤙. Can’t wait to peel the protective film off and reveal the true paint job. Decals soon , didn’t get them die cut so I have to scissor them out by hand.😬😬😬 Wish me luck

View attachment 315652

View attachment 315653

View attachment 315654

View attachment 315655

View attachment 315656

Those vinyl stencils needed some transfer tape to help you manipulate (control) those very thin/delicate pieces when your trying to get them into position..

Makes the process 1000X easier. 💪🤓👍

So now You know.. Next time will be a breeze to get done. 👊

Those vinyl stencils needed some transfer tape to help you manipulate (control) those very thin/delicate pieces when your trying to get them into position..

Makes the process 1000X easier. 💪🤓👍

So now You know.. Next time will be a breeze to get done. 👊
Yeah it’s just hard to conform those stencils to every curve of the body. I swear I was about to go crazy lol. But thanks yeah next time transfer tape for sure

Yeah it’s just hard to conform those stencils to every curve of the body. I swear I was about to go crazy lol. But thanks yeah next time transfer tape for sure

Another vinyl stencil Pro tip >>

Use one of those cheap plastic Window Screen Spline Rollers to help roll those delicate vinyl pieces into tight curves or corners easily.
🦖🍺

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back