Infraction I would like to know if the castle 1717 1620kv is faster than the 2200kv V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to go 150mph on a track? That must be one hell of a track…

Sure, but you’re leaving a TON of information unsaid. Why in the world would you gear up for 150mph to run on a track? I just don’t understand.
I heard that you need a 1/4 mile stretch of no divot smooth road, 1/2 mile would be better. And foam tires to make it happen. Also its not the fall that kills you. It's that sudden stop at the end. 🤣. 150 mph is way too fast for me. :cool:. I tried going fast with my Lim, and got all bummed out , thinking I might buy the big one. 🤣

Last edited:
So its all more about what radio you will be using ;)
That's a very good point

the track I am going to use has a straight where they are near the pits, that straight is 780 meters according to google maps, will it be enough for 150mph or will I need more track?
Just to clarify - no setup will be able to go 150mph and then continue driving.

Going 150mph requires very strong electronics and then a cool down between runs. The whole system will fail if you take it to 150mph and then immediately keep driving around a track.

the track I am going to use has a straight where they are near the pits, that straight is 780 meters according to google maps, will it be enough for 150mph or will I need more track?
Is this real? You must be running on an automotive track? If this is really an actual thing, which is hard to digest, I would gear for 130 and use GRP tires, as foams are necessary over that speed. No rubber tires will withstand 150, and you can’t use foams to drive around a track. Maybe they’ll last a lap, or even two. And like @dure16 said, heat will definitely become an issue very quickly. You’ll need a bank of very good fans on a dedicated power source. Is this track already used by RC’s? If so, you should definitely speak to others and find out what they’re doing, especially in regard to the radio setup, as @rotauq pointed out. The longest range of any conventional radio system right out of the box is the Radiolink RC6GS-V3 with a claimed 600 meter range. The other option is the new RadioMaster with even greater range, but it’s a different protocol, or rather it recognizes them all apparently, and I have no experience or understanding of it.
Assuming you get that all figured out, after you enter the turn at the end of the 780 meter stretch, will you be using binoculars to see the car? How will you operate your radio? So much here defies reality and the ability for either car or driver to operate at those distances, especially having to negotiate an actual track.
OR, ok now I get it. You’re waiting for us to stack up a bunch of replies, and then waiting until Monday to say, “April Fools suckers, I got you guys good!”

Fast is fun, but to a point. When I get bummed, no longer fun. At least to me. 🏁 But we all like the RC thing their way. Do it. 👍. Keep us posted. 🏁. Big $ to spend on speed. NASCAR are all sponsored because of the price tag. If that's your thing do it. 🏁 .Why not. :cool:

Last edited:
Fast is fun, but to a point. When I get bummed, no longer fun. At least to me. 🏁 But we all like the RC thing their way. Do it. 👍. Keep us posted. 🏁
I’m thinking this whole thing is either a joke or very wishful thinking. I don’t see this being possible on so many levels. Maybe with FPV, but others are already experiencing radio interference using FPV at long distances, and it doesn’t get any longer than this possible scenario.
If this does somehow happen, it would certainly be amazing to watch! With binoculars!

Speaking to the original question, I have MM2/1525-2200 combo in my E-revo (original V1 circa 2014) and it has taken quite the beating. It's still running strong and only been run on 6s. I remember prior to adding a fan, its was quite warm after running a full pack. So I can attest to the bashing durability of the 1515/2200. Based on the OP's inquiry, I would think that the 1717 would be the better option for speed running (whatever that turns out to actually be).

I’m thinking this whole thing is either a joke or very wishful thinking. I don’t see this being possible on so many levels. Maybe with FPV, but others are already experiencing radio interference using FPV at long distances, and it doesn’t get any longer than this possible scenario.
If this does somehow happen, it would certainly be amazing to watch! With binoculars!
Guess I fell for it. Oh well, still good advice. I hope. 😁

Makes me not want to reply to new people at times. :rolleyes:

Guess I fell for it. Oh well, still good advice. I hope. 😁

Makes me not want to reply to new people at times. :rolleyes:
Maybe it’s real, who knows? It would certainly be something to see. A field of RC’s running FPV on the longest circuit in the history of the hobby? You could probably sell coverage to a sports network! The drone footage would be awesome.
But I do think we should always welcome new members. A lot of people have said many things were impossible back in the day to things that later came to pass.
Just because my tiny brain can’t see how this could be possible doesn’t mean it isn’t!

In the spring they post Drag racing from the south. It's fun to watch the races. Have you seen some of that? 🏁 On YouTube and such.

In the spring they post Drag racing from the south. It's fun to watch the races. Have you seen some of that? 🏁 On YouTube and such.
Yes, and I’m almost glad it doesn’t happen near me, I’d probably be obsessed. It’s awesome to watch, and really quite exciting!

Maybe it’s real, who knows? It would certainly be something to see. A field of RC’s running FPV on the longest circuit in the history of the hobby? You could probably sell coverage to a sports network! The drone footage would be awesome.
But I do think we should always welcome new members. A lot of people have said many things were impossible back in the day to things that later came to pass.
Just because my tiny brain can’t see how this could be possible doesn’t mean it isn’t!
I was also thinking about it, at the moment I only have one friend who can follow me with his dji fpv. I will only run 150mph in a straight line.

So, we’re just talking individual straight line speed runs? That makes much more sense! I thought you said you’d be driving the track after the 780 meter straight?
Run fans on the motor, run foams over 130, and use the RadioLink. Good luck. The single best piece of advice that is repeated over and over by the most successful speed runners with the most experience is this: start slowly, practice at sub-100mph runs, and gradually work your way up.
Use GRP’s while learning, and when you’re ready to progress over 130 transition to foams. Foams don’t provide nearly the traction, so that learning curve is really necessary. Keep us posted!

Which radio do you recommend, quality/price?
Radiomaster MT12 is the only option that will give you a chance on 780m out of the box.
I was also thinking about it, at the moment I only have one friend who can follow me with his dji fpv. I will only run 150mph in a straight line.
You got us all fussed about your intentions. You certainly can't do a full lap on a full scale racetrack. Visibility is one, radiorace two, and doing 130mph+ continuesly is three.
If you just gonna do a speedrun (10-15 second straight line accellerating to top speed) you can do 150+mph, brake at the end of the straight line and turn around for a cooldown. If you can stand in the middle of the straight, you can still see the car and only need 400m range range.

And certainly listen to @Dan B. wise words. Nobody can do 150mph without much experience. Start with 3S/4S and climb up in speed instead of crash and cry...

Budget radios for long range is the RadioLink Rc6gs v2
I personally like the RadioMaster MT12 (eLRS model) but its very complex to get setup. Joshua Bardwell has some good how to videos about it on YT.

As @rotauq said, if you’re in the middle of the straight on a stand/stepladder then the range would be less than 400 meters and you could use this:
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Ch...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
This is one of the rare times in RC where you get great quality and features and superlative performance for a reasonable price. This radio outperforms other ones costing several times its price.

I personally like the RadioMaster MT12 (eLRS model) but its very complex to get setup. Joshua Bardwell has some good how to videos about it on YT.
Liberty, have you done a thread on that? I couldn’t find one. It would be a really appreciated resource to those of us that are so overwhelmed by this radio and its setup that our brain cells just spark and sizzle. I have seen some YT vids, I don’t recall whose. How do you like it, and is it really the shizzle? For the price it seems like a crazy good deal with that kind of performance. It’s the direction I’d like to move toward.

Last edited:
As @rotauq said, if you’re in the middle of the straight on a stand/stepladder then the range would be less than 400 meters and you could use this:
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Channels-Transmitter-Telemetry-Controller/dp/B0BRK3RBCM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2I8LET7H1JV3C&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Ee1T6R7DmSm4N-_KGpFF5J9PwBWWkDYke6--S_l6mLjFIz6BIWhoNmcDHDXp4bnCIJbmwm-o1RSEgUtaLNgwuDiKPp4EIZKEjUOIum10v6T1bTHUQoqHna20RKI3yyHHWrjebAjh2tVzsuN8toQWOAYK2J5nCkS8fHdgA2tGFDOMev1fKWY6Ye00dapGvRePpxGHcqDh95FMfPo4bXFZn-GC0xAqWmOoD0R8u-RhHw1rO_tTN3vx8WjyPsOk3BGGgwDU4xQ3TTDIsPgwjH2QmLOnjA_lNHC9Eor7UlV-cog.ZG6SiYAWKxItMp22VGR5nRUVCEOqXCvvifbw6aIAGYI&dib_tag=se&keywords=radiolink+rc6gs+v3&qid=1711635696&sprefix=Radiolink,aps,123&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
This is one of the rare times in RC where you get great quality and features and superlative performance for a reasonable price. This radio outperforms other ones costing several times its price.

Liberty, have you done a thread on that? I couldn’t find one. It would be a really appreciated resource to those of us that are so overwhelmed by this radio and its setup that our brain cells just spark and sizzle. I have seen some YT vids, I don’t recall whose. How do you like it, and is it really the shizzle? For the price it seems like a crazy good deal with that kind of performance. It’s the direction I’d like to move toward.

I have not tried to run it long range as I have only been running boats in my neighborhood pond. I have not had enough experience with it yet to say one way or another, but seen good things and its now my go to radio. My noble nb4 is collecting dust.

It is absurdly complicated to setup. Way harder than it should be. I think most people will be frustrated by this radio.
For those that want something really really custom it will check all the boxes for them. +eLRS is supposed to have incredible range.

After setting up a few cars I got the hand of this radio but some menus still get me confused. For one of my Arrma basher setups the sound no longer works on the radio and I have no idea what I did LOL

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Channels-Transmitter-Telemetry-Controller/dp/B0BRK3RBCM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2I8LET7H1JV3C&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Ee1T6R7DmSm4N-_KGpFF5J9PwBWWkDYke6--S_l6mLjFIz6BIWhoNmcDHDXp4bnCIJbmwm-o1RSEgUtaLNgwuDiKPp4EIZKEjUOIum10v6T1bTHUQoqHna20RKI3yyHHWrjebAjh2tVzsuN8toQWOAYK2J5nCkS8fHdgA2tGFDOMev1fKWY6Ye00dapGvRePpxGHcqDh95FMfPo4bXFZn-GC0xAqWmOoD0R8u-RhHw1rO_tTN3vx8WjyPsOk3BGGgwDU4xQ3TTDIsPgwjH2QmLOnjA_lNHC9Eor7UlV-cog.ZG6SiYAWKxItMp22VGR5nRUVCEOqXCvvifbw6aIAGYI&dib_tag=se&keywords=radiolink+rc6gs+v3&qid=1711635696&sprefix=Radiolink,aps,123&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

The is bardwells explain/ just do what he does video.
He is the FPV knowitall. The radio is such a good deal cause it's mainstream/opensource fpv tech which could have been in surfaceRC for years. As it's FPV tech, it's best to just let bardwell explain how to use it.

So, we’re just talking individual straight line speed runs? That makes much more sense! I thought you said you’d be driving the track after the 780 meter straight?
Run fans on the motor, run foams over 130, and use the RadioLink. Good luck. The single best piece of advice that is repeated over and over by the most successful speed runners with the most experience is this: start slowly, practice at sub-100mph runs, and gradually work your way up.
Use GRP’s while learning, and when you’re ready to progress over 130 transition to foams. Foams don’t provide nearly the traction, so that learning curve is really necessary. Keep us posted!
Are BSR racing a good brand?
What type of shore do you recommend?

Back