I'm at my wit's end🤬🤬🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I've been building a new car for the last 2-3 weeks & I got the new esc/motor combo installed, battery connectors soldered on the esc. Basically it's ready to drive but for the life of me I cannot get the fgr4 or the fgr4s to bind w/ my nb4. I've tried both receivers, 4 different bind plugs & even tried copying a couple different saved profiles onto the new model. I've done the factory reset on the new model as well. I tried this on Saturday, then again tonight (for like 2 hrs each), just in case I needed to take a break. It's been a while since I had to bind a new rx, so I'm probably missing something really simple/stoopid. On power up I'm getting the motor chimes, then the esc blinks fast red lights. If I have the bind plug plugged in on power up then the rx also blinks fast red. If I plug the bind plug in after power up the rx blinks slowly red- I'm assuming one of these is bind mode but I don't remember which one. Any of y'all out there who runs nb4 & these receivers?? I need help please!!!

Did you first update the receiver with the bind plug sideways then bind with the bind plug up and down.

No dice, does this look right to update rx?

20230417_223308.jpg

20230417_223745.jpg

20230417_223530.jpg

20230417_223517.jpg

I'm tired & tired of dicking w/ this thing tonight. I've got other rigs to drive tomorrow & I'll try again tomorrow night

You might need to update the transmitter with the fly sky assistant… the latest receivers I purchased had a later firmware than my radio and they wouldn’t bind. I had to update the radio, then it was more up to date than the new receiver, so I had to update the receiver too.

After that everything worked fine.

You guys probably won't believe me, but I just came home & tried to update the rx (still had everything plugged in like I left it when I gave up last night). As soon as I powered it on it was giving 3 quick flashes, it updated the 1st try, then bound on the 1st try!!!🤯 Nothing changed @ all (except my attitude 😆) & now it seems everything works as it should! I honestly dunno what happened but it appears that the demons have been cast out!! 🤣 Thank you all for helping, now it's time to set the endpoints & all that jazz & go out n drive this sucker!!😃👍🤘

You guys probably won't believe me, but I just came home & tried to update the rx (still had everything plugged in like I left it when I gave up last night). As soon as I powered it on it was giving 3 quick flashes, it updated the 1st try, then bound on the 1st try!!!🤯 Nothing changed @ all (except my attitude 😆) & now it seems everything works as it should! I honestly dunno what happened but it appears that the demons have been cast out!! 🤣 Thank you all for helping, now it's time to set the endpoints & all that jazz & go out n drive this sucker!!😃👍🤘

You just needed to clear your mind and let the electrons flow through you..
Use the Force ,it will guide you.
Star Wars GIF

You just needed to clear your mind and let the electrons flow through you..
Use the Force ,it will guide you.
Star Wars GIF
I second this notion and buttress it with the following: I got the distinct impression throughout the ordeal that you were just trying. You forgot to just do. Or do not. Trying is for suckers. ;)

This happens to me sometimes… usually I just need to sober up, then try again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back