Big Rock I'm learning a lot and one important thing is that not all aftermarket parts work well on these rigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rhoades

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 4s
New control arms and hubs. Also some wheels and tires. I think it looks good. What's everyone's thoughts?

IMG_20230323_172159.jpg

IMG_20230323_172509.jpg

IMG_20230323_172152.jpg

Plastic snaps ,and aluminum bends..pick your poison 🤔 I'll go with aluminum cause it's pretty 😍😁👍

Aluminum is strong enough for what most do with thier rc and looks good doing it.
I remember back in the day when Aluminum parts just started becoming a thing. Only the most serious rc'r had em. Now ppl look down on them for not being strong enough. 🤣
At 1 time I built a lwb t-maxx that was 100% Aluminum. All silver. That thing was so freaking purty! I'd like to do another 1 for nostalgic reasons.

The big rocks lookin good man, I like that style tires on these! I'm torn between the mx28's that look like those or trenchers for my big rock. 🤔

Leave the plastic for toys R us kids😁👍
I don't worry about my aluminum on my Big papa Long Rock because it's a speed runner and I obviously couldn't do any jumps with it since it's not designed for that.but like I said .pick your poison.some guys wanna jump 100 ft up and think plastic or aluminum won't snap ,break ,or bend.. of course they all do lol..all depends on the driver and if they like to keep replacing parts ..depends on how big their pockets are ..👍 each to their own

Last edited:
Plastic snaps ,and aluminum bends..pick your poison 🤔 I'll go with aluminum cause it's pretty 😍😁👍
Yes except aluminum a arms will break the chassis on the 1/10 rigs, I would rather replace an a arm than the chassis.
Leave the plastic for toys R us kids😁👍
I don't worry about my aluminum on my Big papa Long Rock because it's a speed runner and I obviously couldn't do any jumps with it since it's not designed for that.but like I said .pick your poison.some guys wanna jump 100 ft up and think plastic or aluminum won't snap ,break ,or bend.. of course they all do lol..all depends on the driver and if they like to keep replacing parts ..depends on how big their pockets are ..👍 each to their own
Have you actually ever even ran that thing?

Yes except aluminum a arms will break the chassis on the 1/10 rigs, I would rather replace an a arm than the chassis.

Good thing I don't mess with 1/10 then🤣 and yes I do .had tons of fun learning and experimenting on it ..it's almost at where I want it ..someday whenever I learn my action cam I'll drop a vid😁👍

I was also told sending my big rock to the moon would guarantee break the chassis.. yet I've sent it over and over and over and havnt yet...
Took me a lot of fails to figure out how to fly the big rock also. Lots of really bad landings involved.

Not everyone drives the same way or treats them the same. What works for 1 person may not be what works for the next.
Chassis is $10. If he starts snapping arm mounts im sure he will figure out what needs to change to work best for him.

Good thing I don't mess with 1/10 then🤣 and yes I do .had tons of fun learning and experimenting on it ..it's almost at where I want it ..someday whenever I learn my action cam I'll drop a vid😁👍
It's still the same platform.
I was also told sending my big rock to the moon would guarantee break the chassis.. yet I've sent it over and over and over and havnt yet...
Took me a lot of fails to figure out how to fly the big rock also. Lots of really bad landings involved.

Not everyone drives the same way or treats them the same. What works for 1 person may not be what works for the next.
Chassis is $10. If he starts snapping arm mounts im sure he will figure out what needs to change to work best for him.
The chassis on the 1/10 vehicles is one of the weak points of the platform, I remember at one point all of the chassis were even on backorder for like 3 months. I've only ever broken 1 in the past 4 years though so I can't complain too much about it.

Last edited:

I'm a pretty smart guy when it comes to reading someone's thoughts.but I'm a little confused on how you asked me that question...most people would just ask ..Have you ran your build yet? But you worded your question like throwing in Xtra words ,like actually ever even 🤔..yeah almost like you want to say something else ..🤷.does everyone on this forum have to post a video of running a rig for proof that it runs? Answer is no.long story short ,your question just didn't feel genuine 🤷

I agree 👍 very well said

Last edited:
It's still the same platform.

The chassis on the 1/10 vehicles is one of the weak points of the platform, I remember at one point all of the chassis were even on backorder for like 3 months. I've only ever broken 1 in the past 4 years though so I can't complain too much about it.
Same platform 🤔 sure, but it's a modified one that's unique and not by a long shot the same size as a 1/10 scale . super dooooooooper stretched to the 🌙😁🤟

I'm a pretty smart guy when it comes to reading someone's thoughts.but I'm a little confused on how you asked me that question...most people would just ask ..Have you ran your build yet? But you worded your question like throwing in Xtra words ,like actually ever even 🤔..yeah almost like you want to say something else ..🤷.does everyone on this forum have to post a video of running a rig for proof that it runs? Answer is no.long story short ,your question just didn't feel genuine 🤷

I agree 👍 very well said

No I've just never seen you post about running it so I legit didn't know. I thought you were still working on it. I haven't been following your thread.

Same platform 🤔 sure, but it's a modified one that's unique and not by a long shot the same size as a 1/10 scale . super dooooooooper stretched to the 🌙😁🤟

Where the a arms attach to the chassis is still 100% the same the fact that you stretched it is literally like trying to claim your Hummer H2 limo isn't going to have the same issues as the standard Hummer H2 is all I am getting at.

No I've just never seen you post about running it so I legit didn't know. I thought you were still working on it. I haven't been following your thread.

Where the a arms attach to the chassis is still 100% the same the fact that you stretched it is literally like trying to claim your Hummer H2 limo isn't going to have the same issues as the standard Hummer H2 is all I am getting at.
That's Kool brotha👍 let me tell ya I would have extremely more issues with mine if I sent it like most big rock owners do.geez it would be smashed into peices.my suspension is not built for that. I
converted it to a speedrunner .no jumping anything or it's toast .someday ill post a vid on my thread .your more than welcome to come watch.😁🤟.

Byebye chassis. Energy has to go somewhere
+!
Alloy arms will take out a composite 4x4 chassis if you are hard bashing this thing.
At least it will look nice when it does.;)

+!
Alloy arms will take out a composite 4x4 chassis if you are hard bashing this thing.
At least it will look nice when it does.;)
You don't even have to be hard bashing. I've seen a few guys do it just by clipping a curb or something.

Chassis is $10. If he starts snapping arm mounts im sure he will figure out what needs to change to work best for him

Aluminum is strong enough for what most do with thier rc and looks good doing it.
I remember back in the day when Aluminum parts just started becoming a thing. Only the most serious rc'r had em. Now ppl look down on them for not being strong enough. 🤣
At 1 time I built a lwb t-maxx that was 100% Aluminum. All silver. That thing was so freaking purty! I'd like to do another 1 for nostalgic reasons.

The big rocks lookin good man, I like that style tires on these! I'm torn between the mx28's that look like those or trenchers for my big rock. 🤔
I just changed back out to my original dboots. I'm just going to keep figuring out what works best for me. I love running this thing. I'm working on my Outcast right now. Routine maintenance. Love it!

You don't even have to be hard bashing. I've seen a few guys do it just by clipping a curb or something.

I nailed a curb at an / angle topped out (so 50ish) a week or 2 ago with 1 front tire. I thought for sure it was gonna be shattered. NOTTA 🤣
I think I've gotten overly lucky more then a few times. If it would of been an aluminum arm that story would of for sure ended differently. She flexed and bounced off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back