Mojave In need of new tires - recommends?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5mall5nail5

Reaction score
So my son and I have been enjoying rocketing our Mojave 6S through the neighborhood oftentimes unable to avoid laying tire marks and burnouts for fun... but now my rears are almost bald. The Vitavon beadlocks are cool but $200 + tires and I've heard they need clearancing to the hubs, etc. not worth it to me right now. I've been running the factory wheels/tires with m2c hub extenders and have no issue since installing the hub extenders.

What tire or tire/wheel combo is recommended for average bashing? Mostly grass/dirt/asphalt.

Thanks all!

So my son and I have been enjoying rocketing our Mojave 6S through the neighborhood oftentimes unable to avoid laying tire marks and burnouts for fun... but now my rears are almost bald. The Vitavon beadlocks are cool but $200 + tires and I've heard they need clearancing to the hubs, etc. not worth it to me right now. I've been running the factory wheels/tires with m2c hub extenders and have no issue since installing the hub extenders.

What tire or tire/wheel combo is recommended for average bashing? Mostly grass/dirt/asphalt.

Thanks all!
Might consider the new Talion EXB tires. They are belted and are known to fit. Another choice might be the new MX28 HP tires from Proline.

The street fighters have held up good for me and the glocs are good too have held up good with literally everyday street bashing

If you have a Dremel you can grind Traxxas Method Racing wheels a little to hex17mm and fit Proline Hyrax tires. Result:
1625459474292.jpeg

Mine are bald as well! And one of my wheels is stripped.

I'll be here following along!

Do you grind the inside hex or the outside to fit the nuts? Have a photo of what needs to be done?
I did not make photos.
Both sides needs some adjustment.
I first made the center (wheel) gap a bit bigger. After that I did the inside, since Traxxas has 6 extra 'pins' inside the hex; after removing those you have a 17mm hex which fits Arrma. Finally I also removed the 6 little scale wheel bolts on the outside of each wheel so you can put the wheel nut about 1 or 2 mm more on the wheel thread; they are now square with the end of the wheel thread.

I really did not rush (I tend to do that sometimes :rolleyes:) and removed a bit of plastic at a time and did a test fit each time fit to get a good and tight fit as possible. <- best tip I can give you.
Even I managed to pull this off, so can't be that difficult then :LOL:.

Thanks @Sandracer_NL ! Sounds easy enough.

Do people no longer just buy bare tires and glue them? Are there any bare tires I can get to replace on my original Arrma wheels? Looked up a couple options and it's still almost $100 for 4 wheels/tires. Not opposed to doing some gluing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back