In need of recommendations for affordable RC ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
I've been occasionally skimming the web in search of a sub-$100 plastic ramp that I can use with my 1/8 scale trucks. All of the curved plastic units seem to be preposterously expensive ($150-$300). A heat form molded piece of plastic should NOT be this expensive or hard to source.

Any budget recommendations are welcome.

TIA

Some scrap plywood, power tools and a little bit of elbow grease...

Will get you a honking ramp of different magnitude of Awesomeness!

if you're handy and have tools it will be worth it to make it yourself

I'll say this: I looked into ramps a while back in the same price range. Honestly, the options sucked. Yes, there are options, but they are all too light, too flimsy, not big enough, or bulky and expensive. And they stopped making the curved, one piece skateboard ramps--for some reason I don't know. All they have are the wedge skateboard types, which are equally expensive and not practical for RC use.

I was against the sheet of plywood idea initially, but now i'm leaning more that way...

Cost me under $50 (already had power tools needed though). Like others said, go straight to the scrap area at your hardware store. 3 hours of work. You can build it to suit your needs (size, angle, shape, etc)

Ok local hardware store has saw horses a pair for $39 and they are 750mm tall, a piece of 7mm plywood 1200mm x 596mm for $24.
1200mm ramp up 750mm high and 596mm wide for under $70. Super cheap n easy way to connect them together drill holes at 1 end to loop cable ties thru and around the top of the saw horse. If you got creative and used tent pegs to hold down the front of the ramp you could move the horse closer for a higher launch!!
I'll have a go at it and post pics when I get to it!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back