HELP! need to buy one of these RC, which 1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewDudeHere

Reaction score
if u ain't broke, you are buying wrong stuff
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi, guys gonna get my delivery of kraton 6s tomorrow. but im still in the market for 1 more rc. right now my eyes are on these 3

1. super baja ray 2.0
2. fireteam
3. super rock ray

my needs : more durability, more running on grass or muddy rock roads, parts availability, bigger battery compartment

one more thing i don't want the car to be a wheely

i need a sturdy car which can take hard turns without flipping 10times in grass or muddy roads. looking forward for you suggestions thanks in advance🙏

Last edited:
The battery compartment sucks on those 1/6 Losi trucks. It’s so frustrating sometimes, especially when dirt gets in there. And there is zero flexibility for different-sized batteries.

That said, my SBR is one of my favorite RCs. It’s a tank and such a unique driving experience with the solid rear axle.

A Fireteam is just a Kraton with a slightly longer chassis.

I’d say Fireteam
It’s cheaper- handles great and no wheelies (unless you want)

The Fireteam is also so much easier to work on

On the Losi’s you Have to remove a Lot of screws to get to the electronics and I personally don’t like the bottom loading batteries in the Losi’s

Both Losi‘s are no joke to wrench at. And those battery compartments they have 🤦‍♂️. They sure look good though.
If you like the looks of sandracers 😉 and don’t mind going even bigger: Losi DBXL-E. Way way easier to wrench on compared to the SBR and SRR. But the DBXL is a beast and if you have to carry it, find a good chiropractor upfront.
Or go Fireteam, lighter and a lot cheaper.

The losi trucks are very prone to flipping when turning in grass. I had a SRR and my buddy has a SBR and in grass they roll a lot but they are very very fun trucks. I would get the SBR if I were to get one again. Also with parts the unfortunate thing with losi is most parts come in a bundle where arrma you can buy more specific pieces. Fireteam is a great truck I had a lot of fun with mine

Have you ever considered a DBXLE? Out of my experience with large scale (K8, O8, SBR, SRR) My 12s dbxle is by far the most fun and the largest of the bunch. You have 2 huge battery trays, parts are easy to get but they are a little bundled as I mentioned before but I have had to replace very few things on it so far and if you get some aftermarket tires it will run in grass FAR better than your 3 options. I run 2 inch hex extenders on mine so it's very wide and takes turns great and you can run 2 servos in it so you have all the turning power you need. I never liked the way to arrma 1/5 were built so I got the dbxle because it was built like an arrma 6s truck just laid out a little different and I truly love it

Hi, guys gonna get my delivery of kraton 6s tomorrow. but im still in the market for 1 more rc. right now my eyes are on these 3

1. super baja ray 2.0
2. fireteam
3. super rock ray

my needs : more durability, more running on grass or muddy rock roads, parts availability, bigger battery compartment

one more thing i don't want the car to be a wheely

i need a sturdy car which can take hard turns without flipping 10times in grass or muddy roads. looking forward for you suggestions thanks in advance🙏

If your top concern is Parts availability.. Then nothing will beat getting another Arrma.
Go Fireteam.

ALL the parts are interchangeable between your Kraton 6S and their other 6S lineup.

Plus, the FT can easily handle Big Batteries AND Any terrain you can throw at it.

Not trying to throw a wrench in your wheel but isn't the Fireteam discontinued?

its availabe on amazon.com

Oh wow Horizon Hobby and Tower also show both of the colors as in stock. I thought it was discontinued? I wonder if that was part of their backend overhaul fuster cluck they had going on over the summer as it doesn't show as discontinued anymore. 🤷‍♂️

That being said I would vote Fireteam since you already have a Kraton 6s and they share so many parts you will need to have less spare parts on hand.

Another vote for the DBXLE. I had a Super Rock Rey, and not only are they a pain to work on, they roll very easy. Super fun though.

I have a DBXLE, and it’s amazing. The other great option is the Kraton 8s V2. It’s stupid fast, big, easy to work on, and handles awesome. I love mine.

Oh wow Horizon Hobby and Tower also show both of the colors as in stock. I thought it was discontinued? I wonder if that was part of their backend overhaul fuster cluck they had going on over the summer as it doesn't show as discontinued anymore. 🤷‍♂️

That being said I would vote Fireteam since you already have a Kraton 6s and they share so many parts you will need to have less spare parts on hand.
Wonder if it’s old stock or if they’ll come with the new updated electronics

IMG_3434.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back