Infraction 1650kv mamba. Best gearing for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiya B

Reaction score
Hello all I have a 1650kv motor setup I’m putting in my infraction. Looking for suggested gearing for normal bashing and still hitting close to 100 mph. I usually run the truck 5 minutes at a time so looking for hearing that doesn’t get too hot. Will be running fan on motor. Any input is greatly appreciated! Running 8s

Hello all I have a 1650kv motor setup I’m putting in my infraction. Looking for suggested gearing for normal bashing and still hitting close to 100 mph. I usually run the truck 5 minutes at a time so looking for hearing that doesn’t get too hot. Will be running fan on motor. Any input is greatly appreciated! Running 8s

Hello and Welcome!

From the things I have read and seen posted and as I do with my Infraction, they are two different animals of a different color :)

What I mean... You are bashing or speedrunning. With a goal or speed of 100mph, this is not ideal for bashing the 58-65 is a great bashing range for electronics, heat, etc.

When you build a 100mph or more there are a lot of dynamics that go into getting to that speed to your RC. The pinion is one and at that level of gearing you could burn up your electronics with heat bashing it...

I am not aware of 100mph rigs that focus on bashing when you cross into that speed zone.

I am open for correction from others but I see a challenge trying to be at 100mph or more and still attempting to have it as a bashing drift machine as well.

More here smarter than me so more feedback will come (y)

With 1650KV I'd play in the 20-23/46 gearing range for bashing. That should put you in the sweet spot. As @parcou already stated, 100mph is probably a bit ambitious but it is my firm belief that a man cannot tell another man what he can and cannot do so...at the very least you'd need some proper cooling for the motor to make that feasible for anything more than 5 minutes. If you're running on 6S you'll need a gearing of 34/40, if you're on 8S you'll need 30/46 to get you to 100mph. But as stated, a pair of 40x40x28mm server fans for the motor would be highly recommended if that is indeed your aim, otherwise you're just going to get thermal shutdowns in a few minutes.

I think it really just depends on your driving style. I have a limitless with a mmx8s + hw 4985 1650kv geared 29/40. On 6s thats 86 mph and 8s is 115 mph, I bash around with this gearing for pretty much a whole pack. I also have 2x 12v fans on 4s. which provides a lot of cooling and I'm not on the throttle for the whole pack.

Hey all, I have a similar question as OP, I was wondering if I could have some feedback.

here’s my goal: have a basher that can go through a set of lipos without overheating while being as fast as possible. My bashing is more drifting and power slides and less all out straight line driving, but I will do that some times.

Here’s what I have
Infraction v2, castle mm8s, castle 1717-1260 kv motor, scorched rc wheel wells, full aluminum hand brake assembly (my theory was that it was more metal to sink the heat from the motor) and bittydesigns seven65 body for reduced drag. Dual 4s 6500mah 100c lipos with qs8 connectors.

My question is this, what should I make my gearing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back