Infraction Infraction 3s incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be right: seems I did that on my Losi Baja Rey. But DR isn’t the same as expo. IIRC, the knob for AVC is marked AVC and steering DR. I’m not home right now to check.
Dual Rate stuck in my head from when I first got into the hobby and I can’t unstick it. Steering Rate is the term used on the remote. I also remembered when I had the dx3 on my vorteks I turned off the gyro so that I could use the steering rate instead. So yeah, it should work. I don’t technically know what expo is. I’ve only used RTR remotes so far aside from a Dumbo.

6CC9AD9B-519F-49DE-8F8D-FB8BD2416990.jpeg

Steering Expo allows you to set a curve on your steering response. You can set it up so the steering isn't as sensitive for the first part of the turn of the steering wheel on the controller, then the steering speeds up as you turn the wheel further. This allows you to make smaller corrections in steering, which is better for high-speed running. The steering still has full throw as you turn the wheel on the controller towards the end of its travel.

I use steering expo on my road vehicles that are run primarily in a straight line (my Typhon 3s and my two Traxxas 4-tecs). They are much more controllable with steering expo engaged. The Infraction is probably going to eventually get the Radiolink receiver so I can use steering expo with it too. Since I have to take out the receiver box to install the new receiver (to feed the antenna outside the box), I'll wait to install the receiver when I install an upgraded steering servo (soon).

I need to spend more time running the Infraction before I tear it down again.

Steering Expo allows you to set a curve on your steering response. You can set it up so the steering isn't as sensitive for the first part of the turn of the steering wheel on the controller, then the steering speeds up as you turn the wheel further. This allows you to make smaller corrections in steering, which is better for high-speed running. The steering still has full throw as you turn the wheel on the controller towards the end of its travel.

I use steering expo on my road vehicles that are run primarily in a straight line (my Typhon 3s and my two Traxxas 4-tecs). They are much more controllable with steering expo engaged. The Infraction is probably going to eventually get the Radiolink receiver so I can use steering expo with it too. Since I have to take out the receiver box to install the new receiver (to feed the antenna outside the box), I'll wait to install the receiver when I install an upgraded steering servo (soon).

I need to spend more time running the Infraction before I tear it down again.
Interesting! Thank you for the explanation, I understand what it is now and can see how it would help. It’s well past time time for me to get a quality radio. After I get done paying for the spinal stimulator surgery I will. Just the trial is over a grand alone. The main surgery is probably 4-5k. Man…just two more days till I get wired. I am extremely excited and extremely nervous at the same time. Praying that it works 🙏

The mega infraction came with an awful servo, pretty much all plastic I think, and it failed on the second run. I put a S651 (which is what yours came with I believe) that I had pulled from one of my new 3S bashers and have been pleasantly surprised how solid it’s been after a dozen runs at least. While those fail quickly trying to turn big off-road tires it seems well adapted for turning the smaller road tires.

Is having AVC important on the Vendetta? I could imagine it being helpful for a 3s racer since it is lighter than 6s. Too bad the stock electronics on the Vendetta don't allow having both AVC and steering rate adjustment at the same time, forcing people to do what @morrjr71 is planning to do.

I do not use AVC for Arrma vehicles or TSM for Traxxas vehicles. I've had AVC go totally bonkers on another Spektrum-equipped vehicle I own, making the vehicle make sharp turns every five feet or so for no reason. I disabled AVC on that vehicle and all the problems disappeared. I have had no issues keeping my vehicles straight during high-speed runs without AVC or TSM.

I just finished installing the Radiolink 6 channel receiver I bought previously, and I also installed the Spektrum S652 servo I had laying around. The S652 is an 18kg servo vice the 7kg S651 that came in the Infraction, and the S652 is considerably faster. I should be good to go: everything checks out on the bench, but I still have to test run it. I'll set steering expo when I get the Infraction outside.
After I get done paying for the spinal stimulator surgery I will. Just the trial is over a grand alone. The main surgery is probably 4-5k. Man…just two more days till I get wired. I am extremely excited and extremely nervous at the same time. Praying that it works 🙏
Good luck! You and I have previously discussed how much I love my spinal cord stimulator, and I hope you get excellent results with yours. Even if it only reduces the pain to a manageable level it will be worth it.

I do not use AVC for Arrma vehicles or TSM for Traxxas vehicles. I've had AVC go totally bonkers on another Spektrum-equipped vehicle I own, making the vehicle make sharp turns every five feet or so for no reason. I disabled AVC on that vehicle and all the problems disappeared. I have had no issues keeping my vehicles straight during high-speed runs without AVC or TSM.

I just finished installing the Radiolink 6 channel receiver I bought previously, and I also installed the Spektrum S652 servo I had laying around. The S652 is an 18kg servo vice the 7kg S651 that came in the Infraction, and the S652 is considerably faster. I should be good to go: everything checks out on the bench, but I still have to test run it. I'll set steering expo when I get the Infraction outside.

Good luck! You and I have previously discussed how much I love my spinal cord stimulator, and I hope you get excellent results with yours. Even if it only reduces the pain to a manageable level it will be worth it.
I just got the Infraction out for a short test run. Once I set the steering trim and steering exponential, it performed a lot better when running long distances at high speeds. No AVC needed.

All that is left to do is install the CNC steel transmission module I ordered this morning when it arrives. I have two of them in my Typhon 3s, and they are bombproof. I'll start with the rear module on the Infraction, and I'll do the front when my wallet recovers.

Yup the s652 is a decent servo. That’s what I put on all my 3s bashers. I had no problems going straight and would turn AVC all the way down for that. It’s parking lot bashing that I was having trouble with. Got sick of irrationally spinning donuts all the time. My reactions and visual tracking are not great right now so avc helps quite a bit.

Yes, our conversations were what helped me make the final decision to give it a try. More than once I’ve gone back and read through them when I was feeling nervous. I truly appreciate you taking the time and explaining so much. Still I’m keeping my expectations low. At this point any relief will be great.

Unfortunately they are not able to run the wires through my cervical spine due to the fusion calcification. To try to do so is a risk higher than the doctor and me are willing to take. I can still walk and mostly function at least 😂 But I have no idea where my pain is coming from anymore. I’ve got bulged discs and degrading issues from top to bottom so he will run the leads as high as he can and hope for the best🤞

Yes, our conversations were what helped me make the final decision to give it a try. More than once I’ve gone back and read through them when I was feeling nervous. I truly appreciate you taking the time and explaining so much. Still I’m keeping my expectations low. At this point any relief will be great.

Unfortunately they are not able to run the wires through my cervical spine due to the fusion calcification. To try to do so is a risk higher than the doctor and me are willing to take. I can still walk and mostly function at least 😂 But I have no idea where my pain is coming from anymore. I’ve got bulged discs and degrading issues from top to bottom so he will run the leads as high as he can and hope for the best🤞
My bulged disc is at L5-S1, and my wires are placed at T10.

My bulged disc is at L5-S1, and my wires are placed at T10.
They explained it works downward from the leads and they won’t be able to get mine above T1, so any pain from my C3-7 fusion I’ll just have to deal with. But again, I have no idea where the pain is coming from anymore. Most of the time it’s not my neck that’s hurting so much, it feels like it’s from the thoracic region, specifically T4 where I have a badly budged disk. But like the doctor said, we won’t know until I wake up 😂
Is the slipper the same damn thing? Hard to tell from pics I’ve seen but the metal appears thicker at the rear part of the hub…

Last edited:
They explained it works downward from the leads and they won’t be able to get mine above T1, so any pain from my C3-7 fusion I’ll just have to deal with. But again, I have no idea where the pain is coming from anymore. Most of the time it’s not my neck that’s hurting so much, it feels like it’s from the thoracic region, specifically T4 where I have a badly budged disk. But like the doctor said, we won’t know until I wake up 😂
Is the slipper the same damn thing? Hard to tell from pics I’ve seen but the metal appears thicker at the rear part of the hub…
Yes, it works downward from the ends of the leads: that's why mine is placed at T10 to ensure that any lower back pain is covered by the SCS. I occasionally have pain in the middle of my back above T10: tests proved it is from muscle tightness, and muscle relaxants and pain pills take care of that.

I didn't really look at the slipper closely when I had the power module apart to set the gear mesh: I never pulled it out of the case. IIRC, it did look different from the slipper in my Typhon 3s, but I don't plan on working in that area anytime soon to look at it more closely.

I received the GPS mount for my Infraction yesterday and I installed it. I hope to get a good run today or tomorrow, weather permitting.

Infraction GPS Mount.jpg

I have Arrma AR550094 Hoons 35/085 Gold tires coming Monday from Amazon. I'm anxious to see how much better they grip than the Elevens that came on the Infraction. The Hoons are belted, which should eliminate any issues with ballooning.

https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-dBoots...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276314409517&psc=1

Last edited:
I've always been an off-road RC fan, but the infraction has always intrigued me. I couldn't justify going for a 6S, so I went for the 3S instead. I absolutely love it! It's so sweet to control that it gives you confidence right away.

I've always been an off-road RC fan, but the infraction has always intrigued me. I couldn't justify going for a 6S, so I went for the 3S instead. I absolutely love it! It's so sweet to control that it gives you confidence right away.
Same here, finally a car that made me want to try the road thing. I got mine as a scratch and dent mega then upgraded as I like. Got it up to 73mph and that was enough. Set up as a 60mph parking lot basher and is a total blast!

I'm sticking with the stock gearing for now: I would rather run it for a longer period of time and not have to worry about the high temps caused by speed runs.

I don't recall if I posted this before, but here goes anyway.

I installed the front and rear CNC steel-geared transmission modules into my Infraction 3s. I later added the HR aluminum yoke to the rear module: I'm waiting for the front yoke to arrive. The rear module had been binding a bit, so I removed two of the three shims on the ring gear side of the diff that came with the transmission module from the factory. Between removing the shims and adding the HR yoke, the rear module is now as smooth as glass.

The front module has been much smoother than the rear, but I had to loosen the screws on the composite yoke to get better gear mesh between the ring and pinion gears. I have a HR aluminum yoke coming tomorrow, which should solve the issue with the yoke. I'll be checking the shims when I replace the yoke, and I will be changing the front diff fluid to 40w.

I don't know if upgraded Diffs are really necessary for this onroad-cars.
But i will see in the future.
Only mods i have done/will do: faster servo, third battery strap, diff-fluid new and a bit thicker, faster fans...

I don't know if upgraded Diffs are really necessary for this onroad-cars.
But i will see in the future.
Only mods i have done/will do: faster servo, third battery strap, diff-fluid new and a bit thicker, faster fans...
The composite yokes flex, which causes the gear mesh between the input pinion and the ring gear to tighten and loosen repeatedly. That cycle eventually causes the composite ring and pinion gears to strip. Just replacing the yokes with the HR aluminum yokes greatly decreases the change of a stripped composite gears. Steel gears are just another step toward eliminating stripped diff gears entirely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back