Infraction Infraction 3s incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I have an Infraction 3s arriving tomorrow. I would like to know if you have had any issues with your Infraction 3s out of the box, and your recommendations for immediate upgrades (servo, shock oil, diff fluid).

I have owned a Typhon 3s for over two years, so I am fully aware of the issues with Arrma 3s vehicles. I'm just looking to get an idea of what issues might be different on the Infraction.

I don't have a 3s Infraction, well not exactly... Mine's a mega that I've converted over but the only things I've noticed so far are the same things as on the rest of the mega/3s line.

That’s great man, you’ll have a blast with it. I got a mega and immediately converted it to brushless. I did all the standard things I do with my 3S bashers and the only thing I wish I had done was put considerably heavier oil in the shocks.

I initially set mine up for speed with a 3660, 3800kv motor, 28/50 gearing, 130a esc and managed to get 73mph out of it. Then I converted into a 60mph parking lot basher with a 3670, 3050kv, 24/50 gearing and absolutely love it. Oh, initially I put a 3-D printed splitter on it which broke pretty quick so then I cut one out of 1/8” HDPE and it’s been the perfect splitter/bumper combo. I also put side skirts on it and they keep much of the gravel and crap out of it.

What are the plans for yours? Speed or parking lot basher?

I plan on using it on the street: I have a long street with almost no traffic in front of my house to run on. My Typhon 3s has a 3670/2850 Surpass motor, a 130A ESC, Pro- Line shocks, and the Arrma steel diffs. I might put steel diffs in the Infraction, but maybe in just the rear. I run duratrax Bandito tires on the Typhon 3s.

6226FC28-445B-43C7-AD2E-D88A3AA7EFCB.jpeg

Diff Oil 20k or 30k, Adjust Camber/Spur. Have fun. Watch out for heat! Rocket Fan/Yeah Racing Fan could help.

The reason I only have a 2850 motor in my Typhon 3s is at one time I had huge Trencher HP belted tires on it and the stock motor got hot. When I took off the Trencher tires I went with a 20T pinion to make up for the lower KV.

Diff Oil 20k or 30k, Adjust Camber/Spur. Have fun. Watch out for heat! Rocket Fan/Yeah Racing Fan could help.
Thanks. I have some 20k diff fluid at home now that I use in my Typhon 3s, and I might have some 30k laying around.

The Infraction 3s arrived late this afternoon. We have a severe thunderstorm warning in effect, so I won't be running it until sometime tomorrow. All I was able to do today was to put a fully charged battery in it and test it on a work stand to make sure everything works. I have the Spektrum Bluetooth module in a DX3 radio for another Spektrum-equipped vehicle, and I will probably move that module to the Infraction's DX3 radio to get everything set up the way I want it. More to come.

@morrjr71 or anyone, am I correct in assuming that the only differences between the Infraction 3s BLX and the Vendetta are the body and a few minor differences to support the different bodies (such as the foam front bumper)? It looks like the same ride height, same wheelbase, same track width between wheels, same electronics, etc. They probably handle about the same until reaching speeds over 50mph ? I like the looks of both, maybe the Infraction a little more.

Really looking forward to what you think about how it handles.

Update: I forgot to mention. While it's still new and you want to do a lot of extra drifting without wearing down your tires so fast, maybe you can try what I've seen others do and that is put duct tape over the tires. I tried it on the outcast 6s and it is a lot of fun. Actually on the outcast it is fun to just put the duct tape on the back tires to cut down on the wheelies, I had a blast with that. But on the Infraction I would do all 4. Again this is just for slow speed goofing around, trying to stretch the $$ a little further.

Last edited:
I plan on using it on the street: I have a long street with almost no traffic in front of my house to run on. My Typhon 3s has a 3670/2850 Surpass motor, a 130A ESC, Pro- Line shocks, and the Arrma steel diffs. I might put steel diffs in the Infraction, but maybe in just the rear. I run duratrax Bandito tires on the Typhon 3s.

View attachment 234915
Man…if I had that street nearby I’d look at speed loping again. Very nice!

Forget ductape over the wheels....just drift when its a bit wet on the street:)
Ductape you can/should put at the inside of the body at the wheelarches.

Here's a few quick comments on the new Infraction.

1) Upon initial inspection, I noticed the slipper assembly has changed since I bought my Typhon 3s. The red slipper adjusting nut is now located where the driveshaft connects to the slipper assembly (see pic below), and it makes it a lot easier to adjust the slipper tension.

2) The ESC is no longer attached to the top of the receiver box as it is in my Typhon 3s: it's attached directly to the chassis between the receiver box and the motor. It looks like the ESC might have to be detached to slide the power module back to remove the module. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see how many other changes have been made.

Infraction slipper nut.jpg

I finally got it out for a short test run in my driveway. At first, I had a delay in the forward throttle, and I had no reverse. Whoever did the initial ESC setup on my Infraction didn't do their job correctly. I did a throttle recalibration, and everything works great now.

The slipper is basically same as the mega slipper. I even took an old mega slipper, put on a 57t .08mod spur and installed on my parts bin typhon. I did have to tighten that spring all the way down (on both cars), otherwise it screams and generates enough heat to melt the plastic piece in the center.

I put the esc on top of the receiver box. With the 3670 motor I run there wasn’t enough room to pull the motor easy. Also I didn’t like it being next to the hot end of the motor can. I imagine it was moved lower to accommodate the vendetta body originally and they kept it the same on the 3s infraction.

I could tell by the sound and the way the Infraction drove that the motor pinion to spur gear mesh was too tight. As I expected, I had to detach the ESC from the chassis pan so I could slide the power module out. The Infraction driveshaft has much tighter springs than the one on my Typhon 3s, and the center bearing didn't want to slide on the driveshaft, so it was a real effort to get the driveshaft out and back in. Once I got inside the power module I could tell the gear mesh was as tight as it could get physically get. But it's all corrected now: it was worth the time and effort to get the gear mesh right so I didn't destroy the gears.

I have an extra receiver for my Radiolink RC6GS, so I might install that in the Infraction. The RC6GS has more range and a lot more settings than the DX3, so it's probably a worthwhile upgrade. That's likely a project for the weekend.

Last edited:
I could tell by the sound and the way the Infraction drove that the motor pinion to spur gear mesh was too tight. As I expected, I had to detach the ESC from the chassis pan so I could slide the power module out. The Infraction driveshaft has much tighter springs than the one on my Typhon 3s, and the center bearing didn't want to slide on the driveshaft, so it was a real effort to get the driveshaft out and back in. Once I got inside the power module I could tell the gear mesh was as tight as it could get physically get. But it's all corrected now: it was worth the time and effort to get the gear mesh right so I didn't destroy the gears.

I have an extra receiver for my Radiolink RC6GS, so I might install that in the Infraction. The RC6GS has more range and a lot more settings than the DX3, so it's probably a worthwhile upgrade. That's likely a project for the weekend.
How are the diffs? On the mega I got they were beyond tight, far more then all my other 3s rigs, and the rear was full of grease not oil (prob just because it was a mega I hope). Each diff took 2 shims on the non-gear side and still were tight but broke in decently after a few runs.

How are the diffs? On the mega I got they were beyond tight, far more then all my other 3s rigs, and the rear was full of grease not oil (prob just because it was a mega I hope). Each diff took 2 shims on the non-gear side and still were tight but broke in decently after a few runs.
After fixing the gear mesh problem, everything else seems smooth, so I'm not in a hurry to pull the diffs apart. I might replace them with the transmission modules with metal ring gears and pinion gears when they become available in September.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/metal-gear-f-r-transmission-module-set/ARA311156.html

Or I might go whole hog and put in the CNC steel transmission modules like I have in my Typhon 3s.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/cnc-steel-gear-f-r-transmission-module-set/ARA311072.html

I got to run the Infraction 3s BLX for a short time this morning. After fixing the pinion gear mesh and turning down AVC, it runs great. I have a GPS mount coming that is made specifically for the Infraction, so I should be able to get a good speed read next week sometime. The 20T pinion in it is plenty fast enough for me: I haven't gotten it up past 3/4 throttle yet. If I replace the diffs with metal gear diffs I might put the 24T pinion in it, but for now I'm enjoying the Infraction as it is.

Is there a way to set steering exponential on the DX3? I want to slow down the steering so corrections aren't quite so quick and large for a small turn of the transmitter steering wheel.

I got to run the Infraction 3s BLX for a short time this morning. After fixing the pinion gear mesh and turning down AVC, it runs great. I have a GPS mount coming that is made specifically for the Infraction, so I should be able to get a good speed read next week sometime. The 20T pinion in it is plenty fast enough for me: I haven't gotten it up past 3/4 throttle yet. If I replace the diffs with metal gear diffs I might put the 24T pinion in it, but for now I'm enjoying the Infraction as it is.

Is there a way to set steering exponential on the DX3? I want to slow down the steering so corrections aren't quite so quick and large for a small turn of the transmitter steering wheel.
I am remembering, but don’t hold me to it, that if you turn off the AVC at the receiver then the AVC knob turns into dual rate for steering or expo as many call it.

I am remembering, but don’t hold me to it, that if you turn off the AVC at the receiver then the AVC knob turns into dual rate for steering or expo as many call it.
You might be right: seems I did that on my Losi Baja Rey. But DR isn’t the same as expo. IIRC, the knob for AVC is marked AVC and steering DR. I’m not home right now to check.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back