Infraction Infraction Mega Sliders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bckyrdbshr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
I just purchased a couple Infraction slider for my son and I. I'll be running the Firma 150 esc and Firma 2050kv motor in both truck on 4s. I'll also be converting from 14mm hex over to 17mm for running the bigger Hoons and GRP's. I'll also be using the 50 tooth steel spur. Both trucks will be used for street / lot racing and drifting, we wont be doing any kind of speed running as we don't have any good places where we are located. I need some good recommendations for the trucks according to the info I've gave about what they will be used for.

1. 50 tooth steel spur. What pinion would be good for maybe 45 - 50mph on 4s?

2. Diff fluid. What weight front and rear for the type driving we will be doing?

3. I will be replacing the Ring and pinion/input gears. Which would be stronger and quieter running HR Spiral cut gears or the CNC cut straight gears?

4. I will be replacing the stock shocks with Aluminum body threaded shocks. What brand of shocks do you recommend and what shock fluid weight front and rear.

Thanks in advance for your help, its highly appreciated!!
Infraction.png

Very cool! You guys will have a blast!

I just finished my Infraction mega to 4s. Only ran it twice since. It's getting another run tomorrow morning.

1) I have 50t spur and 17t pinion Hit 47mph max. I now have a 20T pinion in to try tomorrow.

2) I used 60/30 diff. Seems ok for now for street bashing. I'll play around with it though

3) I believe the spiral cut are good for heavy bashing off road. I have the CNC straight ones in mine with aluminum yokes.

4) I just left the stock shocks and oil for now (2k)

😁 ✌️

I was tossing around buying a slider, I've seen a few of them reasonably priced popping up on eBay. I have electronics to build another 2 3S cars. That said, I think my next venture will be a Limitless.

. 50 tooth steel spur. What pinion would be good for maybe 45 - 50mph on 4s?
18-19T pinion looks about right with 100mm tires.

I use an iPhone app called "Gear Speed" for gearing decisions. Works well. The transmission ratio on that car is 2.85.

Very cool! You guys will have a blast!

I just finished my Infraction mega to 4s. Only ran it twice since. It's getting another run tomorrow morning.

1) I have 50t spur and 17t pinion Hit 47mph max. I now have a 20T pinion in to try tomorrow.

2) I used 60/30 diff. Seems ok for now for street bashing. I'll play around with it though

3) I believe the spiral cut are good for heavy bashing off road. I have the CNC straight ones in mine with aluminum yokes.

4) I just left the stock shocks and oil for now (2k)

😁 ✌️
@Smilinbri Thanks for the info. It sounds like you got it setup pretty good. Do you have any running video of the truck?

Lol...I would if I could use a gopro correctly! See my thread below..Just got short clips from my dw. Goin out tomorrow morning to try a different parking lot and HOPEFULLY get video. I'm a :ROFLMAO:😁✌️

EDIT-forgot the link!
Thread 'Mini-Infrac 4s - "Taz"' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mini-infrac-4s-taz.55613/

Lol...I would if I could use a gopro correctly! See my thread below..Just got short clips from my dw. Goin out tomorrow morning to try a different parking lot and HOPEFULLY get video. I'm a :ROFLMAO:😁✌️
Is it the "Taz infraction" one?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back