Infraction Infraction w/Darkside Studios Wrap & Polo Creations Light Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
This build thread shows the Infraction (#ARA7615V2T1) getting the following after-market accessories installed. Hope you enjoy!
  • #ARA480040 1/7 Scale Body Accessories Kit
  • Darkside Studios Chassis Wrap w/"Basher" texture treatment
  • Polo Creations Light Kit
  • RC Screwz stainless screws installed in the chassis
  • Weather stripping to protect the body edges

Step 1: Infraction unboxing...and here, we, GO! 😅

Infraxn_In Box.png

Infraxn_In Wrapper.png

Step 2: Let's replace the factory anodized screws with proper stainless (RC Screwz Kit).

Note: there were 2 screws that were stripped from the factory, and also a hinge pin retaining screw that was rolling around loose in the box! QC on this one was definitely lacking (the holiday push, perhaps). Oh well, no biggie.

Infraxn_Chassis with Screws.png

Ah, much better. Gotta love stainless hardware!

Step 3: OK, now time for applying these really fun wraps from Darkside Studios -- definitely check them out! This is the "Ripper" chassis wrap, with the Xtreme Bash treatment applied. Really gives it a rough/tough finish providing great protection for the chassis, and obviously looks pretty cool! A great match for the stock body's paint job.

Infraxn_Chassis with Wrap.png

Step 4: OK, how about a little scale? You only live once right? Here we go...

Infraxn_engine parts paint supplies.png

Note: I ended up (trying) to chrome these later with a chromoly paint pen...that was a frustrating process. The chrome look is fun, but it was pretty blotchy. Applying this paint in my 35-degree garage was probably not the brightest move. 🤦‍♂️ Oh well...

Infraxn_cutout for exhaust.png

Infraxn_exhaust cutout.png

Note: If you're anything like me, you're always looking for an excuse to break-out the Dremel! 😉. And here's a good look at the 3M weather stripping I like to glue to the edges of my Arrma bodies -- shout-out to Randy East at East Tactics (YouTube) for this idea!

AFTER:

Infraxn_engine and supercharger installed.png

Infraxn_side view all parts installed.png

Step 5: OK, now to light-it-up! (Polo Creations Light Kit)

Infraxn_Light Kit.png

Infraxn_prep for lights front.png

Technique used: Dremel carving bits, and a hobby knife for final clean-up of edges.

Infraxn_cut-out rear light.png

Step 6: Go have some fun!

Infraxn_rear lights on_straight on.png

Infraxn_front_front lights installed.png

Thanks all -- enjoy!
-JD

Last edited:
This build thread shows the Infraction (#ARA7615V2T1) getting the following after-market accessories installed. Hope you enjoy!
  • #ARA480040 1/7 Scale Body Accessories Kit
  • Darkside Studios Chassis Wrap w/"Basher" texture treatment
  • Polo Creations Light Kit
  • RC Screwz stainless screws installed in the chassis
  • Weather stripping to protect the body edges

Step 1: Infraction unboxing...and here, we, GO! 😅

View attachment 283282

View attachment 283283

Step 2: Let's replace the factory anodized screws with proper stainless (RC Screwz Kit).

Note: there were 2 screws that were stripped from the factory, and also a hinge pin retaining screw that was rolling around loose in the box! QC on this one was definitely lacking (the holiday push, perhaps). Oh well, no biggie.

View attachment 283290
Ah, much better. Gotta love stainless hardware!

Step 3: OK, now time for applying these really fun wraps from Darkside Studios -- definitely check them out! This is the "Ripper" chassis wrap, with the Xtreme Bash treatment applied. Really gives it a rough/tough finish providing great protection for the chassis, and obviously looks pretty cool! A great match for the stock body's paint job.

View attachment 283292

Step 4: OK, how about a little scale? You only live once right? Here we go...

View attachment 283293

Note: I ended up (trying) to chrome these later with a chromoly paint pen...that was a frustrating process. The chrome look is fun, but it was pretty blotchy. Applying this paint in my 35-degree garage was probably not the brightest move. 🤦‍♂️ Oh well...

View attachment 283296

View attachment 283297
Note: If you're anything like me, you're always looking for an excuse to break-out the Dremel! 😉. And here's a good look at the 3M weather stripping I like to glue to the edges of my Arrma bodies -- shout-out to Randy East at East Tactics (YouTube) for this idea!

AFTER:

View attachment 283306

View attachment 283307

Step 5: OK, now to light-it-up! (Polo Creations Light Kit)

View attachment 283329

View attachment 283328

Technique used: Dremel carving bits, and a hobby knife for final clean-up of edges.

View attachment 283330

Step 6: Go have some fun!

View attachment 283331

View attachment 283332

Thanks all -- enjoy!
-JD
Very cool!!! (y)

Very nice!! I have the same wrap sitting in the package waiting to go on, does it fit well and seem like it'll hold up to a little abuse?

Very nice!! I have the same wrap sitting in the package waiting to go on, does it fit well and seem like it'll hold up to a little abuse?
@DLK83 -- yea absolutely -- the wrap will definitely take some abuse. I think the "bash" upgraded surfacing adds quite a bit over the standard durability, which is a little more soft/gloss-like. The adhesive is industrial strength -- borrowed from the motocross world, so I'd think should hold-up very well.

WOW!... impressive, you know what you are doing

Omg!, i'm still amazed by how great it looks,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back