Infraction Infraction - Would removing the rear window help any to reduce heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Like most....stuck in the house looking for something to do...tinker on with the RCs.

The Felony has the rear window removed but I cannot say during the summer if it helps with LVC due to summer heat removing some from the body...it could maybe I am not aware of the small change it provides.

The question here is has anyone cut the rear window out of the Infraction and if so....did it or does it help to relieve a bit of heat from under the body? Or is it such a small marginal change that the effort is a bit effortless to do?

Thx

Maybe cut the front screen and the rear out so it flows through. I'd replace the front with a black mesh to look cool as well

Maybe cut the front screen and the rear out so it flows through. I'd replace the front with a black mesh to look cool as well
Sounds cool but not certain as fast as these go doing the front would provide unwanted air lift.

Thx for the reply

Last edited:
Some people have installed a fan on the side , roughly where the motor sits, to blow air onto it. We have bashed through late summer and via telemetry the ESC temp was literally unchanged.
I do recommend a more powerful fan on the motor though. My stock motor was in the 170F region during bashing,that was with asphalt @ ~ 110F and ambient low 90's F. I did not to anything to the body to add 'air flow' other than a better fan on the motor.

I've seen one on FB, cut between the roll bar decal. I might do the same and or open the tailgate. It has fenders and I have yet to drive it in the summer, I do have upgraded fans though.

Some people have installed a fan on the side , roughly where the motor sits, to blow air onto it. We have bashed through late summer and via telemetry the ESC temp was literally unchanged.
I do recommend a more powerful fan on the motor though. My stock motor was in the 170F region during bashing,that was with asphalt @ ~ 110F and ambient low 90's F. I did not to anything to the body to add 'air flow' other than a better fan on the motor.

I've seen one on FB, cut between the roll bar decal. I might do the same and or open the tailgate. It has fenders and I have yet to drive it in the summer, I do have upgraded fans though.

Curious what fans you all added or upgraded to on your Infraction?

You will need a 12V fan, that comes with power issues. Some run gamechanger but that is expensive and you will need additional adapters. Easily ~$140 after it's done.
I get my 36mm fans from China now for ~ $7 ea., for faster delivery you can buy them in the US for ~ $15.
I do use an extra BEC soldered to teh battery connector, those are harder to find right now, all out of stock. You will need 12V but could use the usual balance plug adapter approach.

Links etc in my build log:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/infraction-v2-fan-and-updates.27880/

Curious what fans you all added or upgraded to on your Infraction?
I have a 4028 on the stock heatsink, $4 from Aliexpress, I have a second one ready if I need it.

I use a 3628 from Digi key on the stock ESC also. Same price as the Powerhobby 35mm. Plus I added on other small stuff with the order...

Sounds cool but not certain as fast as these go doing the front would provide unwanted air lift.

Thx for the reply
I see what your saying but if the rear was open as well it would pass through like a tunnel. Theoretically 🤔

Actually I saw a video where a guy made a panel to block off the cab inside the body, that's where the turbulence would be. Then cut out the back for the best areo.

You will need a 12V fan, that comes with power issues. Some run gamechanger but that is expensive and you will need additional adapters. Easily ~$140 after it's done.
I get my 36mm fans from China now for ~ $7 ea., for faster delivery you can buy them in the US for ~ $15.
I do use an extra BEC soldered to teh battery connector, those are harder to find right now, all out of stock. You will need 12V but could use the usual balance plug adapter approach.

Links etc in my build log:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/infraction-v2-fan-and-updates.27880/

I would velcro the Game Changer fan or zip tie the one for the motor side. What adaptor would I need for the ESC I read Game Changer has a smaller one but I still need an adapter? Do you know what adapter I would need?

I see what your saying but if the rear was open as well it would pass through like a tunnel. Theoretically 🤔
I am of the opinion that if you open up the rear window, being a truck/bed design, there will always be bed turbulance interacting with any expelled air through the rear window. A cancelled out benign effect.
Just the nature of truck bed type bodies at high speed.
An aux HS fan offers better results.
The only venting I played with was at the hood. I cut out the 2 scale intakes on the hood. Grilled them. It is minimal in functionality. Hard to judge any real advantage. I would not open up the grille or anything ahead of the cab/bed for intake. These cars lift at speed too easily done wrong.

20210219_004039.jpg

20210219_004509.jpg

Last edited:
Velcro or zip ties would not work. You would need an adapter for mounting. They are relative heavy and need support.
I do not know what adapter you would need but you can reach out to him via ebay. I'm sure they will customize whatever you need or already have the solution.

Velcro or zip ties would not work. You would need an adapter for mounting. They are relative heavy and need support.
I do not know what adapter you would need but you can reach out to him via ebay. I'm sure they will customize whatever you need or already have the solution.

Thx for the feedback @SrC

I got the idea from Earl Moorhead he had the Game Changer 3-fans using lock velcro and they were down tight when he pulled it off the chassis by the motor. Good call out always hard to say without anything in hand :)

Actually I saw a video where a guy made a panel to block off the cab inside the body, that's where the turbulence would be. Then cut out the back for the best areo.
That is a correct way for sure. The rear tailgate should be open cut out like you said. The cab/roof hollow is just bad for air flow. Close it off. Flat piece of Lexan or similar. Then air pressure flows direct out the rear. Makes much sense.
The Lim body is open in this same way above the rear diffuser. 👍

Locking velcro would work, I thought of the usual flimsy stuff for the batteries. I just can't see myself spending that much on fans and that amount of air is simply not needed for anything but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Locking velcro would work, I thought of the usual flimsy stuff for the batteries. I just can't see myself spending that much on fans and that amount of air is simply not needed for anything but that is just my opinion.
I agree on price...

I would need some help for summer. Even at night, it's 90+ deg at 730p and the asphalt is still cooking. So it does not take long for the Inf/Felony to stop due to heat...thermal cut off... Twin fans, normal high-end fans do not help at all. If Earl M. testing was correct it is a game-changer but it is all a gamble...

Still thinking....

I used the 36mm fans in my build log during summer temps here in FL. Great success. They are to be had for ~ $7 from Aliexpress.
You can avoid all the mounting issues and adapters and only need to find someone that will solder a connector to it.

Order a couple extra at that price. I had one break on a bad side impact. Same happened to a friends gamechanger. This version comes with a connector installed i.e. only would need someone to build an adapter cable for you.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864840080.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4df24c4dcjztT8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back