Infraction Infraction XO-1 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcfalco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Ordered a Traxxas XO-1 Body and XO-1 Wheels. Going to fit the XO-1 Tires and Body to one of my Infractions. I am thinking the Body and the Larger Diameter Tires may generate a higher speed speed than my personal best of 93 mph with stock motor and ESC.

Should be a fun mini project.

Welp... I fitted the Body and the Tires. It looks really good. I took it up and down the block a bit and it seems to run really good. I will try to take it to a spot with some room to do a speed run. I decided to put this on my 70mph infraction. I left everything the same, so we will see what difference the larger XO-1 tires make.

A few observations. The XO-1 Tires Balloon at high RPM. I don't like them. The Infraction stock tires are WAY more solid. MUCH better for speed runs. The XO-1 Body is flimsy. Probably half as thick as the Infraction body. For those reasons I did not mount this stuff to my 93 mph Infraction. The Body is going the deflect at high speed from the wind, and the tires are going to balloon. I am not sure what that will do to the handling. We'll see how it goes what I get to do a speed run.

Attachments

• IMG_9265.JPG
    IMG_9265.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_9264.JPG
    IMG_9264.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Ok so results. I definitely like the look of the XO-1 body. Nice to have two Infractions and have them look different. The car drives just as good as far as stability goes and handling. The top speed is a little greater because of the taller tires. I am running a 21T/46T setup. My previous best top speed with this combo was 70mph. I just easily ripped off a 73 mph in front of my house. I am sure it has a little more in it (74 mph maybe 75 mph).

Overall it was a fun and cool customization!

You could of at least taken the "Traxxas" side decals off @frankcfalco . :LOL: :D

If you want an aero dynamic body have a look at the speed run 1/7th scale bodies from Delta Plastiks. (y)
Link: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ion-limitless-models-by-delta-plastiks.19826/
Lol! You know I was conflicted on if I should remove the traxxas decals. I thought it would look 'Plain" without them lol.

Dang! wish I knew about those bodies before. Love this one: https://deltaplastikusa.com/collect...YZ5sBzyROTYpX28zse3ytHF-h7kzDxD7qcflG1_agi6Fc

If you really love the XO-1 body.... You can re-enforce it with fiberglass. I can break that down further for you if you would like.
You are correct about the XO-1 tires balooning, they are best for speeds below 80 in my opinion. GRP tires or Hoons will remain your best option.

I have an XO-1 that I drove for 40 seconds before demolishing the front end. While waiting for parts to repair it I got a Felony and a Vendetta.

So excuse my dumb sounding questions.
XO-1 tires ballon? I thought they were some special material for 100mph runs.

How do you reenforce a body with fiberglass?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back