Limitless The Hardbody Supra Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sell stainless steel straws on Amazon. That might do the trick (y)
Don't ruin a perfect straw 🤔 I can use that to sip on warm beer .gets you feeling nice quicker 😁👍
See ,he ☝️ knows what I'm talking about 😁👍

Last edited:
This project reminds me that I have always wanted to rock a DeLorean body... gives me hope someday that might happen!

Nice work @nomis38 this has been a great thread to follow.

Bad Driver GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Still needs another dookie.exhaust tip .then u can say it's the best looking 1/7 rig 😁
hahah
Since Im a customizer and a modder. I would have got some aluminum tubing and cut a peice off . polished it and used it as a tip.you did say you wanted it to be as real as you can go right🤔
Im a 3D print modder hahha
You are going to repair this 🤔 yes 👍
Lol you must hate me by now .😁 I know what your thinking ,your like this mofo is always picking on my work that son of a bi+ch 😁 .just like when I first started in body shops when I was a teen , they always said we criticize first then congratulate..we don't hate ,we appreciate..😁👍 let's go get her fixed up
Yes that already got sanded, and ur good man, you said you did it for a long time i getchoo. It's about to get another primer coat.

420101731_912506637029794_3807212887795645009_n.jpg

This project reminds me that I have always wanted to rock a DeLorean body... gives me hope someday that might happen!

Nice work @nomis38 this has been a great thread to follow.

Bad Driver GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
I'd love for someone to do a hardbody Delorean project. Tear it up man. I'm sure the files are plentiful for printing these out.

You Guys Crack Me Up I Swear!! Dying laughing rn :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hahah

Im a 3D print modder hahha

Yes that already got sanded, and ur good man, you said you did it for a long time i getchoo. It's about to get another primer coat.

View attachment 345534

I'd love for someone to do a hardbody Delorean project. Tear it up man. I'm sure the files are plentiful for printing these out.

You Guys Crack Me Up I Swear!! Dying laughing rn :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Awesome brotha , I knew you would take care of it 👍..it's now or never..when it's all painted and clear coated ,there is no going back. ..😁👍

Why can't they just keep paint nozzles the same like they have been for decades...?
Those little red or black knobby doodads..

Worked just fine for when I did traditional scaled models. Way back when..
Speaking of that I saw this Rust-oleum 5in 1 spray paint at home depot

1706554052373.png

Speaking of that I saw this Rust-oleum 5in 1 spray paint at home depot

View attachment 345550
haha that crazy lookin'
Why can't they just keep paint nozzles the same like they have been for decades...?

Yeah im sure it wouldnt have broke if it was one of those.

Is it really just held by liquid tape??😳
No lol, that was just to cover all the patching and color it black... Its put together with expoxy, then reinforced with fiber tape shooegoo, then another layer of fibertape and shoogoo (y)

Trust me other parts will break first, these joints are rock solid!!

That's why for rattle cans I like to use the plastic spray gun that fits over the nozzle and it keeps paint off my fingers and I have better control .for some reason it helps with not spitting or splatters.🤷 Now a days I rather use my airbrushes for spraying Rc cars.you get a cleaner job due to being able to control how much pressure I need .the paint is more atomized depending how you thin the base and by air control.air brushing is the way to go .😁👍

Last edited:
@nomis38 I will say that if you plan to do this sort of then again. Buying quality auto urethane filler primer that is sprayed with a HVLP gun is worth the extra $$$. The build up is much better. Also it sands nicely and just falls off the sand paper versus how the rattle can stuff globs up on the paper and you end up spending tons of $$$ on paper.

Same with body filler. The bondo product is junk in comparison to something like dolphin glaze.

I have done about 7 or 8 custom RC bodies and realized spending a little more up front saved money and time on the other end and is well worth it.

@nomis38 I will say that if you plan to do this sort of then again. Buying quality auto urethane filler primer that is sprayed with a HVLP gun is worth the extra $$$. The build up is much better. Also it sands nicely and just falls off the sand paper versus how the rattle can stuff globs up on the paper and you end up spending tons of $$$ on paper.

Same with body filler. The bondo product is junk in comparison to something like dolphin glaze.

I have done about 7 or 8 custom RC bodies and realized spending a little more up front saved money and time on the other end and is well worth it.
Gotcha, ill keep that in mind sir, thanks.

Small teaser, I did not go with dark red:

420174477_311873481345606_4348510465093741060_n.jpg

Don't ruin a perfect straw 🤔 I can use that to sip on warm beer .gets you feeling nice quicker 😁👍
See ,he ☝️ knows what I'm talking about 😁👍
Ummm…. You got that one right. Warm beer through a straw is amazing. Just saying. 😊

Back