Kraton Is Arrma always this bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Jean

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
First post here. I got a Kraton 4S v2 at the beginning of the year. The second time I took it out I hit a jump and one of the front 'A' arms ripped out and trrashed the chassis. Seems like this is a common problem with these things. I asked Arrma support if they could help me and of course I was told 'It's used so you're on your own'. I then tried to order a new chassis from Horizon. It showed in stock, but after 4 days it hadn't shipped. When I asked, they said it wasn't really in stock and there's no ETA on when it will be. So now I have a useless pile of parts. Is Arrma support always this bad? I really like this truck, but now I wish I had gone with Traxxas.

First post here. I got a Kraton 4S v2 at the beginning of the year. The second time I took it out I hit a jump and one of the front 'A' arms ripped out and trrashed the chassis. Seems like this is a common problem with these things. I asked Arrma support if they could help me and of course I was told 'It's used so you're on your own'. I then tried to order a new chassis from Horizon. It showed in stock, but after 4 days it hadn't shipped. When I asked, they said it wasn't really in stock and there's no ETA on when it will be. So now I have a useless pile of parts. Is Arrma support always this bad? I really like this truck, but now I wish I had gone with Traxxas.
I'm more of a road car guy but I think power hobby has what your looking for. If it's ara320799 they have it.

Jenny's RC is the best source for replacement parts.
Repairs are part of the hobby.

Many find this RC very reliable but sometimes a bad landing just breaks things...
I only own 6s rigs because I like the higher durability of the parts.

Sort of like hearing about how fast the Corvette is and going to buy a Chevy Cobalt and being disappointed its not really fast.

Last edited:
Just curious, in what way did the chassis get destroyed? Bent? I get your frustration but repair is a big part of the hobby when bashing. Maybe it was just one of those landings that'll toast anything.

Arrma plastic line for course racing or heavy/cold weather bashing...

giphy.gif

You're not supposed to hit the ramp. You're supposed to drive over it. :ROFLMAO:
After you get a new chassis and longer hinge pins and better hinge pin holder all will be great..

I would suggest stepping down to a 1/10 scale truck. Your not going to really get more bang for your buck than Arrma. Size and weight factor into what breaks more than anything.

I would suggest stepping down to a 1/10 scale truck. Your not going to really get more bang for your buck than Arrma. Size and weight factor into what breaks more than anything.
That's likely good advice but for some reason, I want to say try stepping up to a 6s. Budget permitting.

Because bigger is way better! The 6s line also has cheaper parts than 3s and the 4s lineup. Funny how expensive a slipper clutch is lol
When I wanted to buy a 4S Mojo slider less center diff, then saw the center diff module at $100 😂

🙂↔️

Last edited:
Because bigger is way better! The 6s line also has cheaper parts than 3s and the 4s lineup. Funny how expensive a slipper clutch is lol
The 6s line is much more popular in general, also more models with shared parts. Makes the parts more available, and generally cheaper to buy.
As to being broken on the second outing, that's actually pretty easy to do for some folks.. hell, first time out in some cases!! LOL.
Second hand is another scenario altogether, we just never "really" know what it's been through.. "Like new, my grandmother drove it to church, on Sundays, that's it".. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I broke my new EXB 6s RTR in less than 5 min and not on a big send ether (5 or 6 footer). So back to the old EXB 6s with no problems ALL DAY. It is possible to break anything. If you fix it back better, it will last longer.

Bashing is a game of skill and luck. The less crashes you have, the less stuff you break, that's the skill part.
Luck cant be controlled. I've seen my 6s rigs do violent cartwheels at 40mph and get launched 8-10 feet up thinking for sure I must have broken several things and instead its fine. Ive also had minor looking cartwheel crashes at much slower speeds and expected everything to be fine and nope, something broke.🤷‍♂️

Back