Is battery level monitoring without Spektrum Smart battery possible ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

I've got a Spektrum DX3 radio, Spektrum SR6110AT receiver, Spektrum Firma 150a ESC, ...and non-Spektrum Smart Lipo batteries.

Is there an add-on connection or something similar that can get the battery level to display on my DX3 radio... I'm thinking of how Traxxas allows you to connect additional data like temps and such with add-ons? I'd think you could use an extra channel or other connection to retrieve voltage levels but wanted to see what options may be out there.

Thanks,

Last edited:
You can get the BT2000 Bluetooth module which plugs into your TX an shows you telemetry on a phone. I believe that this includes battery voltage, but I've not tried it.

The SR6110AT has a voltage sensor port which you can connect to your battery but I don't think you need to because you have a Smart ESC which already sends the battery voltage and other telemetry to the receiver.

The one thing you can't do is get the voltage displayed on the DX3's battery status LEDs. That requires Smart batteries.

My solution was to add a voltage read-out mode to my light controller. Not quite as convenient as the LEDs on the TX, but it works.

Be careful when using the SR610AT Voltage Sensor Port. If you are using the BEC voltage supplied by your ESC (plugging the ESC into your SR6110AT normally) then you will only want to use the "+" input of the sensor port marked "VOLT" to monitor your car's battery voltage. If you use both the "+" & "-" of your "VOLT" input you can damage your SR6110AT.
You can however use both the "+" & "-" if you have the "+" wire of the radio connection wire coming from your ESC disconnected.

Back