Is my ESC Killing my Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add….. This lad is spitting out all these numbers and harping on about a fire without even knowing the setup of your rig. The motor and gearing is going to determine what the ESC pulls from the batteries.
There’s going to be a big difference in current draw when running 12/50 compared to 34/34.
Makes sense, he seems very quick to criticize and female dog about a hobby that's supposed to be fun - I'm running 16/50 so nothing outrageous by any means! Anyway he seems to have gone quiet - licking his wounds maybe?

Makes sense, he seems very quick to criticize and female dog about a hobby that's supposed to be fun - I'm running 16/50 so nothing outrageous by any means! Anyway he seems to have gone quiet - licking his wounds maybe?
He got a time out.

All I know is that dude was awful proud of his ase cert.
thread necro.jpg

Not to add fuel to the fire but I've been wrenching on cars for over 20 years, worked in several shops. One of my best friends is a master electrician and between the two of us it's hard to figure out this RC electrical stuff because the marketing has numbers so skewed. He is certified in variable speed motor controls. Sound familiar?

About the specs. It's very possible the ESC is less efficient than suggested which would cause it to consume more amps than it delivers.

In short, if you lie about a battery then you say its bigger or can deliver more amps than it actually can.

If you lie about an ESC you talk about how much power it can deliver, not how much power it wastes.

An ESC rated for 400amps can easily only deliver 350amps while consuming 500amps and waste 150 amps to heat.

Get it?

So both can easily lie, ESC using too many amps and deliver too little to the motor. The battery rated too high and deliver too little for the specs.

So no link to your INFO they can check the website....but go off your WORD
Lmao I follow NUMBERS they tell you whose lying ....the math don't change cause someone LIE.... THE MATH prove if they LYING or not
(Auto Tech ASE CERTIFIED) you say you doing 400hp
Let the DYNO do the NUMBERS
We look at the DYNO
So the DYNO proves WHOSE lying.
I think you should stick to Scale cars dude.
Just confusing the OP here.
OP just has a bad set or underrated packs there. Crap happens. Math is not needed to realize when pack(s) are bricked. Nor do you need a Dyno.:LOL:
Replace the packs and keep bashing.
:cool:

I can't see the ESC being much less efficient than advertised. The wasted power is heat and at 6s (~25V) even 10A worth of waste would be 250W, more than a decent computer graphics card needs to dissipate with a much larger heatsink and fan. 150A waste would be close to 4kW and you'd need an AC unit mounted on your car to keep temps under control.

I can't see the ESC being much less efficient than advertised. The wasted power is heat and at 6s (~25V) even 10A worth of waste would be 250W, more than a decent computer graphics card needs to dissipate with a much larger heatsink and fan. 150A waste would be close to 4kW and you'd need an AC unit mounted on your car to keep temps under control.
That's a good point.
Maybe that's why they catch fire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back