Is my Max6 toast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I took my max6 out of the speedrunning car & put it into my new pseudo tlr typhon. Had it out for a shakedown run on some gravel/dirt/pavement. The buggy & power plant were both performing just beautifully...until it didn't. Coming off throttle it made a terrible grinding noise then seemed really struggle moving. I thought that a pebble had gotten stuck in the pinion. Turned it off & back on. Checked gear mesh-good, no rocks. Seemed to cog really badly. Took it inside to plug in the programming card-it wouldn't read. Now when I turn it on the fan runs but there's no lights or anything. Am I right in fearing the worst? Is it bricked?

Does not look good. I would check the connector wires to the receiver and motor bullet connectors see if something frayed or came loose. I would also try a different receiver……maybe the receiver is the cause. Again….does not look good.

Does not look good. I would check the connector wires to the receiver and motor bullet connectors see if something frayed or came loose. I would also try a different receiver……maybe the receiver is the cause. Again….does not look good.
I’d also try unplugging the servo

i believe you have Motor issue, not ESC

ESC don't make BAD GRINDING NOISE,. only bad bearings, motor, and diffs ( driveline ) or motor

release motor, test the drive line without motor , if it runs smooth, then take out motor and check it,
motor bearings ?

i don't believe ESC issue at all

the motor mostly because no signal to esc

you have any other BL motor ? try on bench if that motor runs with your MAX6, if it does, then you know you have motor issue

i believe you have Motor issue, not ESC

ESC don't make BAD GRINDING NOISE,. only bad bearings, motor, and diffs ( driveline ) or motor

release motor, test the drive line without motor , if it runs smooth, then take out motor and check it,
motor bearings ?

i don't believe ESC issue at all

the motor mostly because no signal to esc

you have any other BL motor ? try on bench if that motor runs with your MAX6, if it does, then you know you have motor issue
It could definitely be an ESC issue as well. I've had ESCs fail with similar symptoms.

It could definitely be an ESC issue as well. I've had ESCs fail with similar symptoms.

ok, good to know.

Lets wish TS the best, that this is just a simple diff gear issue, easy fix less than 20bucks , and back to bashing happy again.

TS let us know , best wishes

Just happenstance that killed yours? Do you think that the added stress from speedrunning it weakened it that much? Probably had fewer than 15 runs full bore but had cut out on me @ 90 mph recently 🤷‍♂️ Happened late last night so I haven't been able to tear into it yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back