Is PPS still alive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Steve

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast EXB
Has PPS gone under? Both their email and Facebook messenger accounts have been disabled and he doesn't respond to "contact". I'm starting to think he took my money and ran. I pre-ordered a motor mount a bit less than a month ago, lead time 2 weeks.

1692919653532.png

I've read that too. What gets me thinking is all the ways PPS says is best for contacting them have been disabled. That's what you do when you're closing the doors, you cancel all your contact services.

I've read that too. What gets me thinking is all the ways PPS says is best for contacting them have been disabled. That's what you do when you're closing the doors, you cancel all your contact services.
how long has it been since you emailed that email?

That's where I got the email address and the last time I tried was about a week ago. PPS says the best way to get ahold of him is Facebook Messenger, it's dead too. I have no problem waiting another month if that is what it takes to get my parts, I'm fine with that. What concerns me is that he's gone dark. If I've lost my money I'll walk away, these things happen, I was just curious.

That's where I got the email address and the last time I tried was about a week ago. PPS says the best way to get ahold of him is Facebook Messenger, it's dead too. I have no problem waiting another month if that is what it takes to get my parts, I'm fine with that. What concerns me is that he's gone dark. If I've lost my money I'll walk away, these things happen, I was just curious.
Here's to hoping he gets back to your email eventually. I would hate for him to really be gone because his work is truly wonderful.

I don't need a response, I just want to know he's still out there. There aren't that many artisins producing RC parts out there, I appreciate his efforts.

I don't need a response, I just want to know he's still out there.

Understood.

There aren't that many artisins producing RC parts out there, I appreciate his efforts.

Very true.

I am reaching out to him to see if there's anything I can do to assist him in production.

I just received an order about 2 weeks ago that I placed almost 2 months prior. I sent him a message via the forum but he didn't respond. But I heard he said he was behind so I wasn't really concerned. I hope he doesn't go out of business. His parts are exceptional especially the motor mounts...there aren't many left that can handle the large can motors.

I just received an order about 2 weeks ago that I placed almost 2 months prior. I sent him a message via the forum but he didn't respond. But I heard he said he was behind so I wasn't really concerned. I hope he doesn't go out of business. His parts are exceptional especially the motor mounts...there aren't many left that can handle the large can motors.
Speaking of motors, yours is already on the way! I agree with you for sure though. I think I have at least 5 of his arrma 1/8th mounts and 1 for my kraton 8s that I've actually yet to install. Considering your time frame he is REALLY behind. I'm sure OP will get his order eventually.

Personally, I'd wait. Even if it means delays on my end. Simply because I've come to appreciate the thought put into grublock system and the fact that its literally a work of art. As he said, he's a one man outfit supplying a product that's highly in demand. He could sacrifice quality to pump some out faster to appease customers, half of whom(like me) don't really understand what they are getting until they have it. The fact that he isn't says alot about his character and belief in his product to maintain its excellent reputation.
I bought mine thinking I overpaid but when I got it I felt like I ripped him off.

I received my motor mount about a week ago. Looks damn good! 😎

I've personally been in his current position, one guy, with orders rolling in at an alarming rate can bite you.. what he has done is the proper move for himself, and for his sanity.. it's hard to truly understand until your the guy at the machine watching the chips fly non stop..

There is also the fact we do not know what's going on in his personal life, kids, house, spouse, health..

I hope he continues on after the orders have been fulfilled, it's easy to start to hate the process.. it's awesome in the beginning, but can wear on you quickly, especially being behind on orders..

I'm sorry I can't answer your question as to where he is at.. but I can say he has been a straight shooter from the get go.. I hope he is well, and I hope he can fill the back orders without being burnt out.. 👍

I've personally been in his current position, one guy, with orders rolling in at an alarming rate can bite you.. what he has done is the proper move for himself, and for his sanity.. it's hard to truly understand until your the guy at the machine watching the chips fly non stop..

There is also the fact we do not know what's going on in his personal life, kids, house, spouse, health..

I hope he continues on after the orders have been fulfilled, it's easy to start to hate the process.. it's awesome in the beginning, but can wear on you quickly, especially being behind on orders..

I'm sorry I can't answer your question as to where he is at.. but I can say he has been a straight shooter from the get go.. I hope he is well, and I hope he can fill the back orders without being burnt out.. 👍
Well put.
I also hope he continues on. After reading this I feel almost guilty for taking his products for granted. Like @Greengaunja said, his latest motor mount is indeed art, and it’s tough to imagine that anyone could top it. He succeeded in designing and engineering the best possible mousetrap IMHO.
And I need at least a few more!

Has PPS gone under? Both their email and Facebook messenger accounts have been disabled and he doesn't respond to "contact". I'm starting to think he took my money and ran. I pre-ordered a motor mount a bit less than a month ago, lead time 2 weeks.

I wouldnt worry! I irdered mine in june. Got here last week! He did email me about a month ago offering a refund. 👍
I wasnt in a hurry so I waited. Hell, I really don't need it.😅🤣Might check your email,possibly couldve missed it

Put your orders in for Christmas now. Important thing is they will be done correctly not wait months for bad parts.

Last edited:
Back