Is protecting soft batteries like this okay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewDudeHere

Reaction score
if u ain't broke, you are buying wrong stuff
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi, i purchased 2 of hrb 3s 5000mah 50c batteries for 123$. But these are soft batteries. I drove my kraton 6s for first time and it was blast and uncontrollable

Anyway the some small debris like stone got under battery and put 3 to 5 small nicks on batteries. I was worried that batteries can get punctured and caught fire. As these are expensive i want to protect them as good as i can

So i wrapped the battery with some old tube from bikes. My concern is wi this trap any heat and cause battery to damage faster?

20231107_150021.jpg

20231107_150014.jpg

20231107_151348.jpg

You can always check the batteries with a temp gun and see how hot they are getting. And compare it to one of your batteries that isn't wrapped

I run both soft and hardcase in a bunch of different rigs. Never wrapped them with anything. I'm sure there's inherent risk in using softpacks over hard case but.. I believe it's more important to make sure the tray and batteries are as secure as possible more so than the type of battery you run. If the batteries can't move, then the debris can't get under them..BTW, those same batteries can be had from amazon for $80. I'm not sure where you got yours but, I scour the net when searching for the best possible pricing.. enjoy!!👍

I run both soft and hardcase in a bunch of different rigs. Never wrapped them with anything. I'm sure there's inherent risk in using softpacks over hard case but.. I believe it's more important to make sure the tray and batteries are as secure as possible more so than the type of battery you run. If the batteries can't move, then the debris can't get under them..BTW, those same batteries can be had from amazon for $80. I'm not sure where you got yours but, I scour the net when searching for the best possible pricing.. enjoy!!👍
Im not from us. Im from india. So even the basic batteries with low C ratings costs a lot. Almost 60% more 😭

Last edited:
Im not from us. Im from indja. So even the basic batteries with low C ratings costs a lot. Almost 60% more 😭
Ah, sorry mate. Makes sense now. But yeah, making sure the batteries and tray are secure is the best practice. Hard case is generally recommended for ground rc's but, I use soft packs without fear. Also, make sure all wiring such as battery cables and such are secured as well. A damaged power cable can cause a fire just as easily as a damaged battery. I see so many folks with battery cables and connectors just flopping around loosely.. bad idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back