Talion Is the owner on here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Saw this and really want to look into something similar!

Is the owner on here or doesn’t anyone know how this look is done?
FB731752-FF91-4459-B4BF-3EAC08D915D0.jpeg

Saw this and really want to look into something similar!

Is the owner on here or doesn’t anyone know how this look is done?
View attachment 43793

Im pretty sure its a modified axial yeti cage.. Take a look at tthis one..

https://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2015/06/17/axial-yeti-rock-racer-by-matt-waterfield-readers-ride/

When you follow the cage up from the fire extinguisher.. There is that small triangle part, supporting the roofline.. When the roof goes into "windscreen".. The windscreen pillar ends in a crossing.. There it angles up.. To become the hood part.. And bends down a little again..

If Arrma won't make 'em we will. I need to look into that, good find.

Im planning on just buying something that looks that way.. @ g
I just found this. If you know German here's one way.

Good find!

Where before i was pretty sure the cage was a Axial Yeti.. I now know for sure, (yes i understand the German a little) the cage is from a "Reely Raptor"
Reely is a German brand..

Screenshot_2019-07-26-08-15-35.png

I like the Losi DB, I was looking into one of them as a possible next rig. Actually I've been looking at a few vehicles this past 2 months. The problem is my wife sees them and she's like, "OOo I want that." She's not into rc, so she says, but I'm looking at a Rock Rey.. ."I want it." a Tenacity DB..."I want that." a Typhon..."I want one." And even a Kraton all of a sudden. Now she saw this could be made and she's in love.

If I'm not careful she's going to take the Noto. I had her out there blasting around with it yesterday, so I think I have to get her her own before I make any finale decisions on what I want next. But if Arrma doesn't come out with anything that stands out to me next release this looks like something I'd want to do, so long as it doesn't cause more problems then it's worth.

I just need one of our German members, or someone who already knows what parts need to go into this to reply.

Found this one in English a second ago. Takes a bit for him to get into what was used, about the 5 minute mark, and the opening music aggravated my cancer, but all for the good of the forum. lol

I like the Losi DB, I was looking into one of them as a possible next rig. .... But if Arrma doesn't come out with anything that stands out to me next release this looks like something I'd want to do, so long as it doesn't cause more problems then it's worth.
Imho, waiting on Arrma would be a catch 22.. we could make some noise and get Arrma to release a DB, but I feel they would feel like they would need to meet or beat the Losi $350 price point, and then we would get a 3s DB rather than a 6s DB...

Last edited:
Imho, waiting on Arrma would be a catch 22.. be could make some noise and get Arrma to release a DB, but I feel they would feel like they would need to meet it beat the Losi $350 price point, and then we would get a 3s DB rather than a 6s DB...

I wasn't waiting to see if they just came out with a DB, I just wanted to see what's next before buying something. I'm the guy with the luck that allows for something really bad ass to come out the day after I buy something.

I was wanting a Losi, but I also like the idea of building one out of an Arrma. And if I can't for whatever reason I'll just slap a body on and go. I can pretend. Hell, who here hasn't sent it and gotten the image of a little guy screaming white knuckled?

I like the one in German better btw. Don't know if it's done different or not. The guy could be telling me how to bake brownies for all I know but the body is better.

Love me a Rock Rey! Totally different beast than an all independent suspension...

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_231441.jpg
    IMG_20190720_231441.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20190614_141339.jpg
    IMG_20190614_141339.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20190515_134654.jpg
    IMG_20190515_134654.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 72
Evil-T

You must be more Mad Than MAD MAX !!!

Love that Car you show first.
I must stop buy Lexan Bodys to my Old Cars.
I need Make them Look Like This !!!
Hello GARAGE Again

nO NO . I
LOL.

Let me try and translate the German guy.. And what he did..

He took a V4 Kraton.. Took of the complete front and rear end.. (towers, shocks, arms, shafts) .. Only leaving the gearbox cases, steering rack and small front bumper thinghy on there..

Then he took all those parts of a V4 Typhon and bolted them on instead..

And if i understand right.. He changed the Typhon hubs back to the Kraton hubs.. Cause they create a somewhat wider stance..??

Then he took the front body post mount from a Senton (AR320277) and bolted that on the front tower..

For the rear.. The took a L shaped piece of aluminium, wich he shaped a little and drilled 2 holes in to mount it to the tower.. And a 3rd hole where he just ran a piece of threads through.. To hold on wheel and body later with a simple wingnut

Assembled the Reely Raptor cage (RE-5690550) .. Took and old body and cut right size panels out of that.. Ziptied those in place..

Then he just put the body on.. Marked where the front body posts were.. Holed those..

And there you have it..

I also wonder if there is any way to switch the 6s vehicles over to 12mm hexes for the rims....I might have to look into that to see if I can make something work for that.

i Also got alot cool wheels 12hex.
Also 23mm hex ? 23mm ?
why ?

MAKE ALL 1/7 - 1/8 HEX 17mm

Why do anything else ? Sell more Parts ?
PLEAESE STOP

I need change alot HEX Today in many Cars to 17mm.
WHY ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back