Is this fixable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcbasher123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 4s
This is on my lipo charger and looks burnt I wondering if I could fix this

IMG_0531.jpeg

Looks to be simple soldering enough. It not like its a super tiny surface mounted resistor.
But like stated above, could be indicative of another contributing failed component. Cant hurt to try.
What charger is that?

Looks to be simple soldering enough. It not like its a super tiny surface mounted resistor.
But like stated above, could be indicative of another contributing failed component. Cant hurt to try.
What charger is that?
B6 clone
Any advice on soldering it back?

Last edited:
B6 clone
Any advice on soldering it back?
A very fine tip, and quick precise motions. Easier than soldering 10g onto a Deans so so long as your hands ain't shaky and you keep your cool you should be all cucumber 😎
Pull up some board soldering videos on YouTube, sip some coffee and show that board whose boss my man. Building new skills is something I love about this hobby.

Test the suspect resistor first. I think it looks bad too but, check for continuity to be sure before going as far as sourcing and ordering.. good luck👍

A very fine tip, and quick precise motions. Easier than soldering 10g onto a Deans so so long as your hands ain't shaky and you keep your cool you should be all cucumber 😎
Pull up some board soldering videos on YouTube, sip some coffee and show that board whose boss my man. Building new skills is something I love about this hobby.

I cant solder stuff that small my hands are too shakey for that.

Ok, sorry for just throwing pages at you , finally had a chance to sit down today...

Short answer, I'd recommend pitching it.

If you have the resources to grab a low ohm (like .1 or less) high wattage resistor to try for cheap, I'd give it a shot. It may work as the one that is damaged looks as though it just ran hot rather than a catastrophic failure.

But, if its going to cost you $10 or more with shipping .... based on the fact its a clone... I'd pitch it , then I could justify getting a new charger.

Not too hot!! Maybe pick up one of those soldering sucking pens would help.

From my days as a home and commercial alarm/ service technician risters do go bad on their own. Hopefully nothing else is causing this resistor to go bad!
Also can use a desoldering "wick". That resistor does look easy enough to tackle, its location and all.
Sourcing the correct replacement is key here.
Just need some patience and time to rework.

Also can use a desoldering "wick". That resistor does look easy enough to tackle, its location and all.
Sourcing the correct replacement is key here.
Just need some patience and time to rework.
Those patience you talk about ,can someone purchase a box on Amazon or Ebay?? How much is a box$?

I have some patience to sell you. Cheaper than Aliexpress. Ships faster also.(y)
Plenty of inventory right now.
Only $25. per hour of Patience. Hurry. Have spares on hand at this price. Every RC toolbox needs this on hand.
Supplies are limited.

I have some patience to sell you. Cheaper than Aliexpress. Ships faster also.(y)
Plenty of inventory right now.
Only $25. per hour of Patience. Hurry. Have spares on hand at this price. Every RC toolbox needs this on hand.
Supplies are limited.
What's shipping to Albany cost?🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back