Issues with T-Bone Racing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainQ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi there,
So I purchased the Thin Chassis Skid w/Vinyl Overlay for my Arrma Kraton, you can see the product here. But the item that I received is defective and wont fit my Kraton because of that.

It's supposed to look like that
81e1DAS.jpg

But the one I got is missing the 2 holes needed to fit the Kraton
MU3RJqB.jpg

I first wrote to @T-Bone Racing a month ago, asking for a refund, and some other times... all I got were automatic responses. I would expect a company like this would actually quality check their stuff before sending them to you... They have the worst customer service, I'll never buy from them ever again. I got this shipped in Canada... cost me a lot in CAD, and it's useless unless I pay yet another unknown amount to make it cut -_-

I wrote a bad review for the product on their website, but apparently they filter them as it's not displaying...

Anyone else got similar issues with tbone?
Anw, because of this, I bought all my other parts from RPM and Voltage.

If you have an instagram account try sending them a message through there.

I just received the front and rear bumper for my Granite that I ordered a month ago. The rear bumper has numerous issues, the biggest being it just doesn’t fit. They also didn’t recess a hole that should be recessed and there is no way for it to hold in the rear chassis aluminum brace. I sent an email with pictures. Hopefully I hear something soon. Not happy at all.

I ordered tbone Senton mega bumpers with those same problems. Took forever to ship, and the mounts were crooked and didn't hold the hinge pins in place. They responded to all my emails within a week, and made it right in the end, though it took a while.

Later I ordered my tbone kraton bumper from amain and shipping was quick with no issues. I probably will not order direct from tbone again.

They have gotten where I can't stand them. I have 5 of their wheelie bars and the outcast 2.0 one is junk. The way it mounts is stupid. I contacted them and they told me that its just me and they won't fix or update it. I simply won't use or recommend them any longer so I hope you guys have better luck than I did.

Hmm wish I seen this thread earlier. I ordered a couple front bumpers and a rear bumper off their site last week. Hope it doesn't take too long to process the order.

B1D88E1B-5B87-4B0C-85C7-B7A04221D1DD.jpeg

Here is the fitment for the screws. Just subpar in my opinion. The front is not recessed enough and the one in the back is even worse. Both of those screw heads will be trashed after a few runs. I’m going to switch the screw in the back to a flat head. They should have provided that with the bumper due to its design.

C7AB1C4D-D568-448A-9756-D317BFE0037C.jpeg

Swapped the rear screw with a flathead and I was able to get the front one down better.

As far as the bumper itself goes, it’s super beefy. Far, far better than the original.

B29E708F-CE66-489A-91B3-C67470A28808.jpeg
This is the hole that they gave me for the flat head screw. As you can see, that ain’t going to cut it. So I either have to modify the hole myself or wait for them to give me an answer which could take a week.

Last edited:
Hmm wish I seen this thread earlier. I ordered a couple front bumpers and a rear bumper off their site last week. Hope it doesn't take too long to process the order.

They usually make the parts after you order them which is why it takes so long. I bought the wheelie bar and wing mount from them back in March and it took about a month. The wheelie bar takes a beating but as far as I'm concerned there isn't a wing mount out there from any manufacturer that holds up. My wing mount broke but it broke in a way that it still provides support for the rear end. I've broke the stock one, the T-Bone Racing one and the RPM one. All of them only made it about a week each. Haha

I think they have outgrown their production capacity, they used to be mush better, but lately their service and shipping times is not good at all. Took 6 weeks to get a Kraton bumper, that I ordered.

Just an update to mention that last week I got a replacement part for free, took almost 3 months with unreplied emails... I got a reply to my instagram PM saying I would get the part, then they forgot about me for a month, I had to write again to be told they never heard of my story etc etc.

Anyway, while I'm satisfied with the outcome, I didn't play with my kraton of all summer and I'm kinda annoyed as I got issues with Hobby Wholesale now. RC world seams to be a in kind of a messy state, hard to trust people.

I ordered a TBR front bumper on ebay from a seller (not TBR) that had it in stock and it arrived in a few days and the quality is very good. I also ordered a rear bumper from ebay directly from TBR (it was cheaper on ebay than on their site), I ordered it from TBR because they were the only ones selling it. It said it would take up to a week to process before shipping, but they ended up shipping it out 2 days after I ordered and the quality of the item is very good.

So I am new here but not to rc and I always expect to either have to change hardware or do slight adjustments to get aftermarket parts to fit. Remember arrma didn't make it and there are tolerances to all parts. That front bumper came out nice, sure you had to put a screw in. It's not worth getting upset over. Y'all have more fun if you would stop looking for perfection. Nothing is perfect. And it's all part of the hobby. Back in the day we actually had to build the things. You wouldn't like that it seems.

So I am new here but not to rc and I always expect to either have to change hardware or do slight adjustments to get aftermarket parts to fit. Remember arrma didn't make it and there are tolerances to all parts. That front bumper came out nice, sure you had to put a screw in. It's not worth getting upset over. Y'all have more fun if you would stop looking for perfection. Nothing is perfect. And it's all part of the hobby. Back in the day we actually had to build the things. You wouldn't like that it seems.

It's about paying $30 for a piece of plastic and some screws that are supposed to fit then they don't... I would be unhappy about it too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back