It is Coming Along! Replacement Spektrum Firma 150 Top Power/Set Switches + Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear Fusion 360 is good! I really like open source software though.. Sadly it usually comes with limitations. Still has been a fun learning experience!

I just use whatever nozzle came with the Ender 3 Pro, works fine, even for this small model.

I hear Fusion 360 is good! I really like open source software though.. Sadly it usually comes with limitations. Still has been a fun learning experience!
I’ve been happy with F360. It’s free for personal use in case you aren’t aware.

Just concerned about the button binding, sanded them down a bit but the 3dprint lines make for perfect "locks".

20230220_141327.jpg

Next project, scoured the web to see if someone else had modeled this but couldn't find anything.

20230220_141444.jpg

Just concerned about the button binding, sanded them down a bit but the 3dprint lines make for perfect "locks".

View attachment 279874
Next project, scoured the web to see if someone else had modeled this but couldn't find anything.

View attachment 279875

Pro Tip:
If you're finding your parts are binding ,even though you made "accommodations" between said parts..
Just because the way it's printing due to nozzle size or filament flow rate.

You might want to activate/adjust the function = Slicing Tolerance , set it to Exclusive.

It should then print with the right spacing/gap between tight fitting parts.

Pro Tip:
If you're finding your parts are binding ,even though you made "accommodations" between said parts..

You might want to activate/adjust the function = Slicing Tolerance , set it to Exclusive.

Thanks I will check it out! The gap seems fine, I think it's just because they are both printed vertically so the horizontal print lines are catching. I don't really want to print the part on its side but I may try the buttons sideways and see what happens (print lines vertical at that point).

Thanks I will check it out! The gap seems fine, I think it's just because they are both printed vertically so the horizontal print lines are catching. I don't really want to print the part on its side but I may try the buttons sideways and see what happens (print lines vertical at that point).

Don't go through the trouble..
I've try that many times before..

The Exclusive fixes the problem.

Don't go through the trouble..
I've try that many times before..

The Exclusive fixes the problem.
Okay okay looking at it now 😆

I mean the sander worked too 💪

Pro Tip:

Is that in Cura? What exactly does that setting change? I’m wondering if Prusaslicer has something similar.

Is that in Cura? What exactly does that setting change? I’m wondering if Prusaslicer has something similar.
In Cura it is under the first "experimental" setting.

Do you know what it actually changes? I don’t have Cura.

It changes the way the slicer treats the 'cuts' of the edges of your design.
There's three methods: middle (default), inclusive or exclusive.

In layman's terms-
The Cura slicer will either take the Average (middle) of the slope of an edge ,or the outer most (inclusive) of the slope ,or the inner most (exclusive) of the slope of your design, in essence giving you the gap/tolerance between two pieces of your printed part. Either tighter or looser.. depending on what you're wanting to achieve.

Alright I am happy with the result. Will print some of the buttons in white. Smooth operation.
20230220_163209.jpg

Going to have to check out vase mode and turn off power loss resume (can cause stutters on the ender 3's)

Need to check into thingiverse too and upload some of these.

Alright I am happy with the result. Will print some of the buttons in white. Smooth operation.
View attachment 279959
Going to have to check out vase mode and turn off power loss resume (can cause stutters on the ender 3's)

Need to check into thingiverse too and upload some of these.
Well done!
As @Tex Koder said, it can change where the meaurments are taken. When you lay down filament, it’s not perfectly flat, or square. It also isn’t perfectly round. Flat bottom and top, round edges. The setting changes weather it takes the average measurement, from the end of the flat on the filament layed down, right in tight, or the farthest out edge of the filament.
1676952427717.png

Or atleast that’s how it seems to me.

Last edited:
Well done!

As @Tex Koder said, it can change where the meaurments are taken. When you lay down filament, it’s not perfectly flat, or square. It also isn’t perfectly round. Flat bottom and top, round edges. The setting changes weather it takes the average measurement, from the end of the flat on the filament layed down, right in tight, or the farthest out edge of the filament.
View attachment 279967
Or atleast that’s how it seems to me.

For those who are Very OCD with their printer(s) and have calibrated it to the extreme (and ONLY using one particular filament) they know exactly how their print results will turn out and can "design in" certain tolerances during their CAD designs...

However, most of us who aren't quite that anal about their printers or because we tend to change filaments a LOT (which causes big variances in print accuracy), it's impossible to "design in" the tolerances/gaps needed for certain mating surfaces of parts ,to be reliably predictable..
So having the slicer (Cura) to give you some options & do it for you ,is a blessing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back