Let's see what this one is all about.. k1 max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Well I bit the bullet today, just going to have to see what this machine is all about..👍 big toss up on this or the qidi max 3.. ended up going this route instead, solely because I've had creality forever.. do wish it had a heated chamber, but I'll insulate the hell out of it..😎

Creality K1 Max 3D Printer, 600mm/s Max High-Speed 3D Printers with Auto Leveling, Dual Cooling, Smart AI Function and Out-of-The-Box, Large Printing Size 11.8x11.8x11.8in https://a.co/d/1TzOxNu

Congrats! Man, I've been planning to buy a Qidi soon. Why did you choose the K1 over the Qidi?

I guess because I'm a creality fan boy..🤣🤣.. I've had bullet proof reliability from my creality machines since day one.. parts will also be overly abundant and cheap.. I decided to stick to what I know.. I may regret it, not sure yet, will surely find out..

one of my main concerns with the qidi is the slicer that's kind of proprietary right now.. there aren't a lot of slicers that support heated chambers.. just wondering if it will be advanced upon like cura, or will they leave it be and it is what it is...🤷

I'll insulate the hell out of it, and maybe I'll even come up with a chamber heater..

Nice! I wonder how this stacks up to the bambu labs unit? Been thinking about getting my first 3d printer.

Well I bit the bullet today, just going to have to see what this machine is all about..👍 big toss up on this or the qidi max 3.. ended up going this route instead, solely because I've had creality forever.. do wish it had a heated chamber, but I'll insulate the hell out of it..😎

Creality K1 Max 3D Printer, 600mm/s Max High-Speed 3D Printers with Auto Leveling, Dual Cooling, Smart AI Function and Out-of-The-Box, Large Printing Size 11.8x11.8x11.8in https://a.co/d/1TzOxNu

Congrats!

K1 Max looks to be a Very capable printer.

Look forward to your review and opinions! 🤘

Nice! I wonder how this stacks up to the bambu labs unit? Been thinking about getting my first 3d printer.

I'm not going to lie, the Bambu labs is probably one of the top tier printers out there right now.. the ams puts it over the top over all the rest... I'd say the two machines are the same without the ams.. machine to machine..

Unfortunately I don't have much use for multi color prints.. I have a 2 color crx I've had for at least 6 years and rarely use it for its intended purpose...

I have a lot of printers, so I'm trying to designate a select few to exotic filaments only, PC, nylons, etc. basically what this will be devoted to..

I haven't owned a creality machine in over a year since I bought my Bambu Labs machine (second one on the way). But then again, to each their own.

Congrats! Man, I've been planning to buy a Qidi soon. Why did you choose the K1 over the Qidi?

If you're sensitive to loud noises...
You might want to reconsider the Qidi..
There are reviews that've stated they're Loud...

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.

I will for sure.. I made sure I grabbed it through Amazon solely because I know I can return it with no questions asked, unlike directly through creality which has always been a pain.. creality customer care is terrible, they just want to throw parts at you in hopes you will give up on returning it..

Have you tried running any nylons, PC on the Bambu?

I will for sure.. I made sure I grabbed it through Amazon solely because I know I can return it with no questions asked, unlike directly through creality which has always been a pain.. creality customer care is terrible, they just want to throw parts at you in hopes you will give up on returning it..

Have you tried running any nylons, PC on the Bambu?
I bought and returned a few printers on Amazon. Usually with free next-day shipping. Zero questions asked when returned.

Yep… I’ve printed nylon and PC. No issues with bed adhesion provided that filament is dry. My Sunlu S2 takes care of that even though the Bambu X1c has the option to dry filament.

Why do you ask?

You guys make a great point about Amazon returns, especially since they just started the holiday return period through Jan 31. I think I’ll pick up a Qidi to try. I really want that heated chamber.

I bought and returned a few printers on Amazon. Usually with free next-day shipping. Zero questions asked when returned.

Yep… I’ve printed nylon and PC. No issues with bed adhesion provided that filament is dry. My Sunlu S2 takes care of that even though the Bambu X1c has the option to dry filament.

Why do you ask?

Just very curious on your results with layer adhesion and general overall printing with it in that machine.. more curiosity towards very large parts in those materials.. say for instance something 7 ish inches across, 6 inches deep, 10ish inches tall....

Warping? Layer separations? General layer adhesion..

Typically any printer can deal with small parts in those materials with the right settings.. but I'm curious of a large footprint and taller than 5 ish inches..

If you're sensitive to loud noises...
You might want to reconsider the Qidi..
There are reviews that've stated they're Loud...
Thanks. Based on what I’ve read, it has a persistent fan noise when using the heated chamber. I’m okay with that.

You guys make a great point about Amazon returns, especially since they just started the holiday return period through Jan 31. I think I’ll pick up a Qidi to try. I really want that heated chamber.

Hell yeah! That's what I like to hear!.. 😎

Related topic -

I just watched that yesterday... 🤣...

The thing that sucks is the early reviews are quite bad on this machine, it seems they were rushing them out the door to compete with Bambu.. but almost all of them that got them first had issues immediately.. some even reporting lidar and object detection being disabled..

Seems after a couple months the machines that went out were "fixed" in these regards... I will surely find out.. I still love the hell out of that x max 3, so if I don't like this k1 it will be going back quickly, and be replaced with the qidi

Back