Let's see what this one is all about.. k1 max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always interested in 3D printers, until I see the price.

Now go into your rc dwelling and look around.. every rig you look at, there is a printer, there is a printer, there is a printer, everybody gets a printer...🤣🤣🤣🤣

I felt like Oprah saying that...🤣🤣🤣

Man I'm telling ya.. even if you grabbed a cheapo original ender 3 for a hundred or so bucks it would at least let you know if you are interested in it.. 😎

Now go into your rc dwelling and look around.. every rig you look at, there is a printer, there is a printer, there is a printer, everybody gets a printer...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Man I'm telling ya.. even if you grabbed a cheapo original ender 3 for a hundred or so bucks it would at least let you know if you are interested in it.. 😎

Freaking Out GIF

Showed up a little while ago, I instantly got worried that I had received a first run production, I instantly pulled the foam and checked the hot end.. huge sigh of relief to see the updated hot end installed and a spare updated hot end.. so this is the v2 thank God..

I won't be able to get it together until very late tonight, but I'll keep you all posted..👍

IMG_20231110_181133880.jpg

None of my cars cost $1,000 though. They might have that in them now. :ROFLMAO:

Showed up a little while ago, I instantly got worried that I had received a first run production, I instantly pulled the foam and checked the hot end.. huge sigh of relief to see the updated hot end installed and a spare updated hot end.. so this is the v2 thank God..

I won't be able to get it together until very late tonight, but I'll keep you all posted..👍

View attachment 331217
That was fast. Gotta love Amazon. What’s going to be the first big print on that monster?

You can buy some really good printers for less than you spend on your cars.
All the ones these guys have been posting lately though man.

View attachment 331217

So what does the Updated hotend look like?
How can you tell??

That was fast. Gotta love Amazon. What’s going to be the first big print on that monster?

Well first thing is a spool holder for the side of the machine.. not to keen on the rear spool holder, as I typically back my machines against the wall.. after that I'll be headed for the nylons and such to see how it copes...

I got it unboxed and setup late night, I have to say, this thing is absolutely gorgeous, the fit and finish is beautiful.. setup was a breeze, and I'm not going to lie, that 16 minute benchy was quite impressive to see in person..

One thing I will need to get used to is the print start up time.. it's a very long process with leveling and lidar... I'm so use to just starting a print and watching the first layer go down.. This thing I've lost interest in the first layer it takes so long... 🤣

IMG_20231111_003716088.jpg

IMG_20231111_003723024.jpg

IMG_20231111_003735669.jpg

So what does the Updated hotend look like?
How can you tell??

First give away is they changed the silicone sock cover on the updated hot ends to a red silicone...
Second is the insulation of the wires along the ceramic portion of the hot end...
Third is the nozzle used.. copper nozzle with a hardened steel tip..

Early machines came with a black sock, brass nozzle..

So I've been messing with this thing.. wasn't to thrilled to see that even the newest release of cura doesn't have the k1 profile's listed.. so I guess that means I will have to write my own..😔

For the time being I have to use the creality slicer.. interesting to navigate but was thrilled to see all the same settings as cura.. 👍 so luckily I know my way around..

The thing that had me most excited is I'm going through the machine and what do I find? A chamber thermistor!!!! So I go a scrolling through the menu and sure enough it displays chamber temp, and has a clickable icon that's not activated through firmware... Seems to me they are preparing for a heated chamber upgrade at some point...❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏😎😎

The thing that had me most excited is I'm going through the machine and what do I find? A chamber thermistor!!!! So I go a scrolling through the menu and sure enough it displays chamber temp, and has a clickable icon that's not activated through firmware... Seems to me they are preparing for a heated chamber upgrade at some point...❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏😎😎

On Fire GIF

Heated Chamber you say..

Printed this big part in 43 mins.. it surely is impressive how much time is saved..

I wasn't going to turning the machine around to unload the filament so I used the included hyper pla for now.. now that the spool is on the side of the machine I'll be printing it in something decent.. thinking PC..👍

IMG_20231111_100645017.jpg

IMG_20231111_102115766.jpg

Alright so some feedback of what I've got so far...

First I can 100% see why these machines got a bad wrap right from the gate.. The slicer was absolutely screwed up, there was no way it would ever create a useful g-code.. I'm talking even the basics were incorrect..

comes with a .4 nozzle, every line width was all over, .45 on one of them.. lowest was 4.2.. now if you need to set line width wider than the nozzle orfice you know the settings are horrible... It had no chance to work with the normal consumer... I now almost have a handle on the settings and am getting some good clean fast prints..👍

It will 100% take some slicer work..

Heat retention..
Bed at 105c gets the chamber to 49c within 20 mins or so in a 64f room... I did some extensive profile work and was able to successfully print a large polymax PC spool holder successfully.. this part nearly spans the width of the bed and it stayed put with a 8mm brim.. ran a 265c hot end, 105c bed, and ran it at 80mm/sec..

I believe moving forward I will install another heated bed pad at the bottom of the enclosure to create my heated chamber.. being a core xy there is plenty of room on the bottom.. 👍.. obviously this will be controlled separate of the slicer and machine itself.. the machine is just to nice to look at to cover in insulation..

I've decided to keep the machine, I'm happy with it and it mainly opened my eyes to the power savings involved just due to the speed increase..

I also wanted to mention I tested some pla's.. even a box standard 10 dollar kilo of pla prints nicely at 200mm/sec. Pretty damn impressive.. I will be cranking the profiles to see just how far it will go.. the hyper pla prints pretty good at 500mm/sec.. but looks really good at 300mm..

It surely takes the wait time down on prototypes...😎

Last edited:
Alright so some feedback of what I've got so far...

First I can 100% see why these machines got a bad wrap right from the gate.. The slicer was absolutely screwed up, there was no way it would ever create a useful g-code.. I'm talking even the basics were incorrect..

comes with a .4 nozzle, every line width was all over, .45 on one of them.. lowest was 4.2.. now if you need to set line width wider than the nozzle orfice you know the settings are horrible... It had no chance to work with the normal consumer... I now almost have a handle on the settings and am getting some good clean fast prints..👍

It will 100% take some slicer work..

Heat retention..
Bed at 105c gets the chamber to 49c within 20 mins or so in a 64f room... I did some extensive profile work and was able to successfully print a large polymax PC spool holder successfully.. this part nearly spans the width of the bed and it stayed put with a 8mm brim.. ran a 265c hot end, 105c bed, and ran it at 80mm/sec..

I believe moving forward I will install another heated bed pad at the bottom of the enclosure to create my heated chamber.. being a core xy there is plenty of room on the bottom.. 👍.. obviously this will be controlled separate of the slicer and machine itself.. the machine is just to nice to look at to cover in insulation..

I've decided to keep the machine, I'm happy with it and it mainly opened my eyes to the power savings involved just due to the speed increase..

I also wanted to mention I tested some pla's.. even a box standard 10 dollar kilo of pla prints nicely at 200mm/sec. Pretty damn impressive.. I will be cranking the profiles to see just how far it will go.. the hyper pla prints pretty good at 500mm/sec.. but looks really good at 300mm..

It surely takes the wait time down on prototypes...😎

Thank you for sharing your initial findings of this printer.

It gives me something to think about.

Thank you for sharing your initial findings of this printer.

It gives me something to think about.

I'm not going to lie.. I've said before I wasn't concerned with speed, I was wrong 100 %.. once I saw it in action it completely changed my mind.. the power consumption savings alone is astonishing, This machine proved me wrong and I am willing to admit it 100%..

I've started to think about selling off my old printers and updating to these newer faster machines.. I will undoubtedly keep a few, but if I can save some scratch on electric I'm all for it...

Back