Let's see what this one is all about.. k1 max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to lie.. I've said before I wasn't concerned with speed, I was wrong 100 %.. once I saw it in action it completely changed my mind.. the power consumption savings alone is astonishing, This machine proved me wrong and I am willing to admit it 100%..

I've started to think about selling off my old printers and updating to these newer faster machines.. I will undoubtedly keep a few, but if I can save some scratch on electric I'm all for it...

I'm sure it's a sight to behold. To witness -in realtime- a FDM printer laying filament that Fast!
AND have the print come out solid without any weird artifacts.

I'm currently up to 100mm/s on my Ender 3 S1..
Reliably.

Trying to reach 150mm/s next.

That is great.. the beauty of these newer hot ends.. my old machines could never flow like that, such a short hot zone in those old hot ends.. but the prints I get off them are wicked good..

Comparing machines I'd still say I get slightly better wall finish with my older stuff.. seems to be less "noise" in the walls.. this k1 shows the noise a little more than the old stuff..

one thing I noticed I do not like is the tooth side of the belts on the x is rolling on a smooth pulley.. that seems it would introduce "noise" alone..really should have been a toothed pulley.. something i make change..

I'm not going to lie.. I've said before I wasn't concerned with speed, I was wrong 100 %.. once I saw it in action it completely changed my mind.. the power consumption savings alone is astonishing, This machine proved me wrong and I am willing to admit it 100%..
Lol I just had the same thought. That Qidi came in and watching it print so fast is mind blowing. It is such a huge difference.

Here are the default "high quality" (aka "slow") settings for ABS that I'm using right now.

1700089941045.png

Did a TPU test today on the max.. incredibly, it prints ninjaflex with ease, and at 50mm/sec to boot.. for reference, ninjaflex acts like boiled spaghetti and Is notoriously more difficult to print than other tpu's due to its elasticity.. this machine continues to impress... 👌..

Did a TPU test today on the max.. incredibly, it prints ninjaflex with ease, and at 50mm/sec to boot.. for reference, ninjaflex acts like boiled spaghetti and Is notoriously more difficult to print than other tpu's due to its elasticity.. this machine continues to impress... 👌..

Did YOU set that speed or did the slicer (is it Creality's Slicer or are you using Cura or SoftFever Orca)?

And for reference..
Do you mind sharing your normal (and max speeds) you usually run with Ninjaflex on your other printers?
I'm guessing they are all bed slingers..yes?

Last edited:
Did YOU set that speed or did the slicer (is it Creality's Slicer or are you using Cura or SoftFever Orca)?

And for reference..
Do you mind sharing your normal (and max speeds) you usually run with Ninjaflex on your other printers?
I'm guessing they are all bed slingers..yes?

Yes, the speed was manually set.. ninjaflex recommends 10-35 mm/s.. it's usually that difficult to print.. And yes, creality slicer.. I have no clue what Thier profiles look like, I never looked, setup my own from the rip..

Yes all bed slinger's.. even my best TPU machine can only achieve 25mm sec. At max before extrusion issues.. The feeder on this k1 is impressive..

Yes, the speed was manually set.. ninjaflex recommends 10-35 mm/s.. it's usually that difficult to print.. And yes, creality slicer.. I have no clue what Thier profiles look like, I never looked, setup my own from the rip..

Yes all bed slinger's.. even my best TPU machine can only achieve 25mm sec. At max before extrusion issues.. The feeder on this k1 is impressive..
Is ninja flex harder to print than 95A or 98A? What’s the application for ninja flex?

Is ninja flex harder to print than 95A or 98A? What’s the application for ninja flex?

Way harder, 85A on the shore.. makes 95A TPU feel like it's pla..

Ninjaflex is unique, it's always soft regardless of infill.. it is much more like real rubber part's.. million applications for it, anything made of rubber this can substitute.. 👍

@Camaroboy383

Sir, can I trouble you to let me know what connector the touchscreen display uses and how much slack there is..
IF I were to relocate that display to another location... Will there is any wiggle room?

@Camaroboy383

Sir, can I trouble you to let me know what connector the touchscreen display uses and how much slack there is..
IF I were to relocate that display to another location... Will there is any wiggle room?

It's a ribbon cable, and barely any slack even to hook up the screen, it's kind of tedious.. I'm sure you could buy a longer ribbon.. if you need a trace count to get an idea on a ribbon let me know and I'll pull the screen..👍

It's a ribbon cable, and barely any slack even to hook up the screen, it's kind of tedious.. I'm sure you could buy a longer ribbon.. if you need a trace count to get an idea on a ribbon let me know and I'll pull the screen..👍

Yes sir.
If it's not too much trouble..
I would like to know the trace count.

Yes sir.
If it's not too much trouble..
I would like to know the trace count.

No problem at all buddy, I'll hopefully get to take a peak tonight.. I'm currently running a PC job.. 👍

Ok buddy, here it is.. looks like it's got 42 traces including the large ones which i would assume is power and ground.. as you can see, the slack Is very limited..

IMG_20240213_160633207.jpg

IMG_20240213_160718887.jpg

IMG_20240213_160952504.jpg

IMG_20240213_161121815.jpg

Ok buddy, here it is.. looks like it's got 42 traces including the large ones which i would assume is power and ground.. as you can see, the slack Is very limited..

View attachment 348413

View attachment 348414

View attachment 348415

View attachment 348416

What the hell...!!
That looks like one of those proprietary laptop connectors & ribbon cable..

How do they expect anyone to be able to extend (relocate) those when it's like that.. 🤦

Thank you sir for going thru the trouble to take the photos. 👍

What the hell...!!
That looks like one of those proprietary laptop connectors & ribbon cable..

How do they expect anyone to be able to extend (relocate) those when it's like that.. 🤦

Thank you sir for going thru the trouble to take the photos. 👍
No problem man...

I was thinking the same.. definitely not a common ribbon, for sure looks PC based..

Back