Let's see what this one is all about.. k1 max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible solution:
Edit: I didn't notice the follow up post that said the motherboard side was off. It's a direction, anyway.

Here's what I found regarding that cable..
Yep, it's some sort of laptop type flat ribbon connector.

Screenshot_20240213-195059.png

Looks like Creality even made the cable DIFFERENT between the two models...

Slimy move Creality..👎

K1 Max cable
Screenshot_20240213-195407.png

K1 cable
Screenshot_20240213-195504.png

Here's what I found regarding that cable..
Yep, it's some sort of laptop type flat ribbon connector.

View attachment 348478

Looks like Creality even made the cable DIFFERENT between the two models...

Slimy move Creality..👎

K1 Max cable
View attachment 348479

K1 cable
View attachment 348480

Ugh, that was definitely a bone head move.. now seeing that, I'm guessing it's proprietary and will be near impossible to make a longer one...

Could always try your hand at a spliced ribbon.. just bring the magnifying glass..🤣

Ugh, that was definitely a bone head move.. now seeing that, I'm guessing it's proprietary and will be near impossible to make a longer one...

Could always try your hand at a spliced ribbon.. just bring the magnifying glass..🤣

I'm thinking/planning to relocate that Display up Top like the Bambu Labs...

I don't want these printers to be so high up on the table so most likely I'll have them sitting on a low stand of some sort and I certainly don't want to be hunched over to read or manipulate the menu on that display..

Ultimately I just may have to do some ribbon surgery to make a long enough cable to reach where I want it to go....

Interesting new development in the k1 max.. 🤔🤔.. something bumping the bed over to the right on x.. guess I'm going to have to dig in..

IMG_20240306_093029932.jpg

IMG_20240306_093110924.jpg

Is it just a regular square column?
Full height of build volume??

In Spiral/vase Mode or with infill?

Yeah test print.. 240 ish tall.. I noticed it the other day while printing a fuel neck housing I designed and sell for ç10-c30 pickups..

So I put together this to check it out . And sure enough, repeatable.. starts at 114mm and ends at 141mm...

Uheyeeye, found it!.. the other day I was going over the machine and tightening screws, found one very loose on the side panel, yeah well, that screw was real loose for a reason.. damn thing colliding with the carriage bracket, it's to long.. 🤦..

Dug through my screw kits, replaced it and running another tower. But I would say with absolute certainty it's the cause.. 👍

Uheyeeye, found it!.. the other day I was going over the machine and tightening screws, found one very loose on the side panel, yeah well, that screw was real loose for a reason.. damn thing colliding with the carriage bracket, it's to long.. 🤦..

Dug through my screw kits, replaced it and running another tower. But I would say with absolute certainty it's the cause.. 👍
NICE, lets see the culprit, that is pretty strange they used a long screw and intentionally left it loose?...

NICE, lets see the culprit, that is pretty strange they used a long screw and intentionally left it loose?...

Agreed, it felt like I was working on an arrma..🤣🤣🤣 except the screw was long, not missing..🤣..

I just got to my shop, I'll take a pic later to show the nonsensory..

Was in the left side panel..

Back